Page 70 of 215 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Known Bugs and Issues for Castle Story

What device are you using? If it's an older device, it may no longer be able to handle the resource hog CS has become. Are you updated to IOS version 8.3?

If you have a password for the game,(should be the one you used to get on the forum), you can login to the game on a newer, different device by using the login feature available in RS, BS & a few other TL/S8 games. Instructions are in The Hub if you need them.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    What device are you using? If it's an older device, it may no longer be able to handle the resource hog CS has become. Are you updated to IOS version 8.3?

If you have a password for the game,(should be the one you used to get on the forum), you can login to the game on a newer, different device by using the login feature available in RS, BS & a few other TL/S8 games. Instructions are in The Hub if you need them.
    If you're responding to my post (sorry if you're not), it says that I need IOS 5.1.1. My IOS is 6.1.6 & "up to date". Even if it's not IOS 8.3, it's still well above what TL says I need...

If it's going to permanently crash when using an IOS above their recommendation, it shouldn't have let me upgrade.

Possible solution is to have the previous version 1.2.7 available to download (which worked fine), or to simply not say it's compatible to systems "IOS 5.1.1 and above" if it's not.

Any other fixes?

New Resident
    o.k, so I'm using an iPad 2, with the latest firmware. The game was running just fine until I ran the latest Castle Story update last night. Now I can only gift silver ore, but when I try to send it, I get the Maxed Out message. Also, the game crashes when I try to visit most of my neighbours. I've tried refreshing, reloading & restoring. Nothing works! I've read several comments that indicate this is a new, but very common problem. Please can we have a bug fix ASAP?
    kingdom of ❤️Avalon❤️
    ⚔ Proud member (#⃣4⃣9⃣) of the Thuakie Sword Society.⚔ ❌❌{♥️}=============>

My game has been sticking or freezing......and it now takes awhile to visit neighbors. I can only send silver as gifts.

Nightclub Owner
    TL has said that the gifting issue should be fixed with the next App update, but they have to wait for Apple to approve it first. If your game is freezing up and booting you out, make sure all other apps in the background are not also running, as Castle Story uses up an immense amount of resources, you should make sure it's the only App running when you open it. Make sure you force close it after each session to prevent sync issues.
    Current games on queentina3 ID: Castle, Fairytale, Farm 2, RS 1, Diamond Quest. Games under this ID are named AppleBlossom.

Current game on 2tina ID: Castle only and goes by the name AppleBlossom2. I know, it isn't very original. Shut up!

I tip and run - don't ask me to write on your wall, as I won't. I don't expect you to write on mine. If you tip, great, if you don't, also great. Just answer my requests and I'll be happy.

Host(ess)
    So, as for today, I tried to start the game, and it crashed every time. I can't even touch the accept button in messages!
    This isn't fun. I closed all programs in the background, restarted, rebooted and you name it all. I'm close to being done since I was well on my way with the steed adventure. If this keeps up too long, I'll be done with CS...
    This has probably been posted several times before, but I got fed up after the last crash, and had to vent....

Rob

And after 5 more tries I still couldn't accept stuff for my neighbors... And still didn't see my kimgdom because every try crashed....
    Last edited by raaver; 04-22-15 at 12:21 PM. Reason: A few more tries

New Resident
    the only way around the Enforced Silver Ore gifting is to tap the 'Visit' button instead of the 'Gift Back' button. Once you are in your neighbour's kingdom, tap the gift icon, and the usual selection of gifts will pop up, and you can choose one as normal.
    kingdom of ❤️Avalon❤️

New Resident
    Totally agree, Rob! I feel like giving up too. I can use my message board, but I can't visit most of my neighbours. CS just crashes if I try. There's no way I can finish the steed adventure if I can't visit other kingdoms.

So far I've tried everything, including:
    Closing down every other app.
    Deleting unnecessary apps
    Clearing cookies & history in Safari.
    Deleting and re-installing CS
    Refreshing the page
    Restoring my iPad
    Checking for software updates.

Nope, no luck. I was only at about 10% of my iPad's memory to start with, as I didn't have many apps. I was already on the latest firmware. I rarely have other apps open in the background, and I always shut down CS when I am done.

One thing I did try was updating my other TL game, Dragon Story. And now I can't visit those neighbours without that game crashing!

Last of all, I logged into my old CS and DS games on my iPhone. They're mostly inactive since I got the iPad and started CS and DS from scratch. (They didn't have a log-in function way back then!). I ran the CS and DS updates on the iPhone, and what do you know? Now I can't visit my iPhone TL neighbours without crashing! It's an iPhone 5, running the latest firmware, and I'm running at about 5% of my memory capacity.

So, if it's happened to both my TL games, on two different devices, and it's not happening with any other app, and none of the suggested fixes have made any difference at all, I think it's fair to assume this is a TL glitch. Can we PLEASE have a fix, TL? Preferably before the steed adventure expires, if possible.
    kingdom of ❤️Avalon❤️

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    this is from Pika posted earlier today from another thread which might be of help:
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    If you are still running iOS 5.1.1 and can update to a higher OS, we recommend you do this to help with the issue. As you expand and add more items to your board, more resources are required to run the game. Unfortunately, older devices may not be able to handle the amount of resources the game requires. If you are unable to update your device, we recommend you store a few items in your game. If you are unable to open the game to store items, please write to support@storm8.com so a support agent can assist you with this. Thank you!

New Resident
    I am unable to choose what type of gift to send to my neighbors. It says it is sending silver ore every time. I am also not receiving any gifts from any of my neighbors for four days now.
    iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2
    Castle Story 1.3