Thread: New Android Device "not compatible with this version"

Executive Chef

New Android Device "not compatible with this version"

I bought a new Android device today (I primarily access my games from my iPhone, but since Dragon Story has become nearly impossible to load on iOS, I have an Android to access my two older accounts, but my Android device is old and trying to die). I knew that I would not be able to download Fantasy Forest to the new device, but I was told that if I had a gmail account, I should still be able to download Dragon Story, and I was *never* aware that there could be a problem in downloading CS to a new Android device, but I am not able to download *any* of these games, although I can apparently get games you couldn't pay me to play, like Bakery Story and Restaurant Story. Is this inability to get CS new?
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    What's the device model of the Android you're using? I've been seeing a compatibility notice with the Pixel 7.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    What's the device model of the Android you're using? I've been seeing a compatibility notice with the Pixel 7.
    Yes, that is exactly what it is. I bought a new device specifically to be able to play games, and now I can't play. *crying*
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    Yes, that is exactly what it is. I bought a new device specifically to be able to play games, and now I can't play. *crying*
    I'm not sure since the compatibility notice in the store is vague. It could be a that this specific device model requires apps to be 64-bit now. Were you able to download Dragon Story and open it?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    I'm not sure since the compatibility notice in the store is vague. It could be a that this specific device model requires apps to be 64-bit now. Were you able to download Dragon Story and open it?
    No, it says I can't access Dragon Story, Castle Story, or Fantasy Forest (which I knew wouldn't be possible). I don't know why other S8 games are able to be downloaded, like Bakery Story and so forth.

I just bought a new Lenovo tablet (Android). It's all up to date... but Castle Story is almost unplayable. I brought up Castle Story on another Android tablet just to make sure.... I just started a new game, and same thing.

Every 5 seconds, the game freezes for 3-4 seconds. So if you have to chop a 15-energy tree, you have to pause every 5 chops, wait for the game to un-freeze, then continue. If I just let the game sit and do nothing, I can see it consistently freezing every 5 seconds. It's unplayable if it is literally frozen 40% of the time on an Android tablet.

For reference, graphics-intensive games like Cookie Run: Kingdom work like a breeze.

New galaxy s24 ultra. Not compatible with this device. Is storm8 going to adapt?

+1

Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra, not working. Hoping there is a way to play this game.

Is storm8 likely to fix the compatibility issue with the Samsung s24?