Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which residences to build?

Which residences to build?

I need more homes. which should. I buy for highest increase?

I think the high rise condo and the gallery home is the best. What does everyone else think?

Rhino Keeper
    How often you visit will help determine which buildings to buy. Do you visit twice a day or every two hours? The best to build is the Condo Highrise and later the Glass Tower. Both take only one square space. I also like Fancy Condos. Avoid the small houses. They eat energy and pay very little.

Rhino Keeper
    My new favorite is the Chalet Bungalow. A small house that pays a lot every 4 hours.

Rhino Keeper
    I agree with you Charsville
    I'm currently building an entire neighborhood full of Chalet Bungalows

Rhino Keeper
    The absolute best residence is the Condo Highrise. Costs $8,500 to buy, only 6 energy to build, and yields $90 every 30 minutes. It pays for itself after 95 collections, which can be done in 48 hours. Granted, it's a lot of energy consumption but with the new energy levels this shouldn't be a problem. It's also a lot of tapping every 30 minutes, but nothing can be done about that.

The only deal better than the Condo Highrise is the Modern Apartments ($160 every 30 minutes), but those cost a whooping 120 gems each. Definitely not worth the price.

I think any residence that takes longer than 2 hours to pay up is inefficient, no matter the yield. That includes the Glass Tower, unfortunately ($210 every 16 hours); it looks very nice, but it's a time-waster.

-lp

My city has mostly high rise homes for it's residents. If I wanted to build suburbs of the main city, then I will build out smaller, but most of the houses in my city as high rises.

Quote Originally Posted by lilacpear View Post
    The absolute best residence is the Condo Highrise. Costs $8,500 to buy, only 6 energy to build, and yields $90 every 30 minutes. It pays for itself after 95 collections, which can be done in 48 hours. Granted, it's a lot of energy consumption but with the new energy levels this shouldn't be a problem. It's also a lot of tapping every 30 minutes, but nothing can be done about that.

The only deal better than the Condo Highrise is the Modern Apartments ($160 every 30 minutes), but those cost a whooping 120 gems each. Definitely not worth the price.

I think any residence that takes longer than 2 hours to pay up is inefficient, no matter the yield. That includes the Glass Tower, unfortunately ($210 every 16 hours); it looks very nice, but it's a time-waster.

-lp
    Determines how much you check in for the glass tower. An even mix is nice. I have many glass towers in my city, but I am still bringing in almost 50,000 - 70,000 coins in a day. I am beginning to rely on my businesses more. I am at a good level, but I can see more business additions to the city.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by fireballnc View Post
    Determines how much you check in for the glass tower. An even mix is nice. I have many glass towers in my city, but I am still bringing in almost 50,000 - 70,000 coins in a day. I am beginning to rely on my businesses more. I am at a good level, but I can see more business additions to the city.
    If you replaced your Glass Towers with Condo Highrises, you'd be making a lot more. In the 16 hours it takes to collect $260 from one Glass Tower, you could have collected $2,880 from one Condo Highrise. It's not even close.

An even mix of residences is nice to look at (I have a few NYC Brownstones and SF Victorians, and even a Paris flat - all chosen because they look nice), but there really is no residence with better revenue than the Condo Highrise.

-lp

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by lilacpear View Post
    If you replaced your Glass Towers with Condo Highrises, you'd be making a lot more. In the 16 hours it takes to collect $260 from one Glass Tower, you could have collected $2,880 from one Condo Highrise. It's not even close.
    -lp
    You forgot to include energy level - it is more complex than what you make it out ie more than just earnings per time.

Lets simplify things assume there are no industries and business ok. Assume you have infinite number of residences.

You got 20 energy per hour. Now if you have only infinite amount of condo highrise you can only earn 20 x 90 = 1800 gold per hour.
    Suppose you have dutch colonial, you can earn 210 gold x 20 = 4,200 gold per hour. You can replace dutch colonial with glass house and you get the picture. The problem with glass condo is it needs 16 hour refill so you need plenty of it. The space could be better utilized with higher earning community building

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast