Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you get a Fairy or Eagle Dragon?

Rhino Keeper

How do you get a Fairy or Eagle Dragon?

I play other story games, but I just found Dragon story last week so I'm new and having trouble figuring things out in this game.

I'm trying to hatch a Fairy dragon (air & forest / yellow & green hybrid) for a goal and 3 attempts have gotten me Fruitful dragons. The air/yellow dragon is level 4 and the forest/green dragon was either level 4 or 7. Any suggestions?

I'm also trying to hatch a Eagle dragon (fire & air / red & yellow) for a goal and my 1st 2 attempts got me a Firestorm dragons. I have a 3rd attempt that will hatch in a few hours. I have a feeling it will be another Firestorm dragon . The fire/red dragon is level 5 and the air/yellow dragon is the same level 4 also used in the Fairy dragon attempts above. Any suggestions?

Rhino Keeper
    It's pretty much luck. if you want fairy, you just gotta keep breeding. if you're still unsuccessful, change things up. maybe start breeding one of the fruitfuls with either an air or forest to see if that yields different results. maybe age them more, etc. same for eagle. I got my eagle entirely by accident with lvl 4s, red x yellow while trying for a scorpion

Here's a tip that may or may not work: To hatch a rare dragon try breeding the base color dragon with a hybrid dragon. In this case maybe instead of breeding Air with Forest try Air with Fruitful. Or for Eagle try Air (or Fire) with Firestorm. That's how I got most of my rare dragons. Just last week I bred my Eagle with my Scorpion and got the Honeybee. Generally it's near impossible to get a rare dragon using just the basic ones.

Of course like I said, it's no guarantee.

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks for the tips! The third attempt at an Eagle was another Firestorm dragon. Now I'm waiting to see what I get from a level 6 fire and level 5 air dragon... probably another silly Fruitful which looks suspiciously like a watermelon. I'll try using the hybrids next if this one doesn't turn out.

I could also use some neighbors if anyone wants to add me.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jl0408 View Post
    Thanks for the tips! The third attempt at an Eagle was another Firestorm dragon. Now I'm waiting to see what I get from a level 6 fire and level 5 air dragon... probably another silly Fruitful which looks suspiciously like a watermelon. I'll try using the hybrids next if this one doesn't turn out.

I could also use some neighbors if anyone wants to add me.
    you can't get a fruitful from fire and air, so if it says 10 hours its a honeybee!

Rhino Keeper
    I got my first faerie when I was level 36, and my first eagle at level 32.
    Don't aim for a specific rare.. I bred over 30 fruitfuls in my attempts to get a faerie, very frustrating.
    The eagle also seemed impossible. The scorpion or other super rares are still impossible.
    Try switching up names and levels, it's all just luck. Just focus on expansions or something else, breeding is just frustrating and unfun.

Rhino Keeper
    I added you as a neighbor ^^

Rhino Keeper
    I'm the one that's IslaSorna. sorry I hate that our IDs and island names are always different

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by auroracon View Post
    you can't get a fruitful from fire and air, so if it says 10 hours its a honeybee!
    You're right, I'm mixing up my combos. My latest fire/air combo looks different than the last ones that ended up Firestorms. Its red and has a wing on it so maybe the Eagle I'm looking for. And I have a level 4 Fruitful breeding w/ a level 5 Air dragon hoping for that Fairy dragon.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by benbever View Post
    I got my first faerie when I was level 36, and my first eagle at level 32.
    Don't aim for a specific rare.. I bred over 30 fruitfuls in my attempts to get a faerie, very frustrating.
    The eagle also seemed impossible. The scorpion or other super rares are still impossible.
    Try switching up names and levels, it's all just luck. Just focus on expansions or something else, breeding is just frustrating and unfun.
    I'm trying to get them for the goals. I've been playing a week now and only up to level 12 so far. The repeated breeding of the same dragon is getting a bit annoying. I'm not even sure how many of the same kind of dragon I should keep. There doesn't seem to be storage like in other story games... not even for your decorative items.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast