Page 77 of 130 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery: Increase in Prices

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by filochick1982 View Post
    I don't agree with it, but I believe this is exactly what they want players to do. So it takes longer for them to level up.
    I never stated that you were agreeing with TeamLava, I said that I understood you didn't agree from what you said quoted above. You did say that you believe TeamLava wants people to level up slower and that is why the prices are increased. I don't believe that, that's where we don't agree, that's all. My reply to you was simply just a few examples of why I think that excuse is out of the question. If they really wanted us to level up slower TeamLava could have changed the XP system, how fast we unlock new food, what level we have to be on to expand our bakery, etc. I believe there are different ways to change that problem in particular, and I don't think that TeamLava is clueless if they've created such a brilliant and addicting game.

If they could drastically change the economy of Bakery Story, they could drastically change the XP system to solve their concern with people leveling up too quickly. Either way, people would be upset because older bakeries would have leveled up faster before the change / older bakeries would have made more money before the price inflation. BUT, the problem with the price inflation is that it's not resolving anything - it's causing problems and there really is no excuse for that considering TeamLava has the tools to change the game to their desire. If they had changed the XP system INSTEAD of the inflating the economy Bakery Story would be functioning like it used to, but you would level up slower; meaning you would have to unlock recipes, decorations, and expansions.

I don't mean to sound like I'm against you, I just have a different opinion to share and I hope you can read what I've said without assuming I am targeting you. I only replied to your post because you're the only person on this forum that believes TeamLava's soul reason for the price hike was for us to level up slower. I have nearly read every post on this forum to understand how the rest of the community feels, and lots of users feel as though TeamLava is being greedy and wanting us to buy gems. You do not need to reply to my response because I am not going to argue with you, I am just stating some ideas that you may have not considered before sympathizing for why TeamLava inflated the prices.

I did see that a moderator commented that the inflation would make players cranky in the short term while overall improving longevity of the game. It has been a week and users are already not looking forward to spending months to expand and decorate their bakery slower than they did when they started the game. I know that is one of the reasons said by a moderator, but it hasn't officially been validated as an announcement to every Bakery Story player, so I don't have a reason to trust that answer. For anyone to find that information they would have had to look through this entire forum and read a few sentences said by a moderator. Maybe TeamLava isn't ready to admit they are wrong, but for now I am very unsatisfied with the way TeamLava is handling this situation. I hope that they are doing the best that they can to listen to us, and hopefully my comment is seen so that they can consider changing the XP system so that the prices can return to normal!

Quote Originally Posted by ladygaga1978 View Post
    I never stated that you were agreeing with TeamLava, I said that I understood you didn't agree from what you said quoted above. You did say that you believe TeamLava wants people to level up slower and that is why the prices are increased. I don't believe that, that's where we don't agree, that's all. My reply to you was simply just a few examples of why I think that excuse is out of the question. If they really wanted us to level up slower TeamLava could have changed the XP system, how fast we unlock new food, what level we have to be on to expand our bakery, etc. I believe there are different ways to change that problem in particular, and I don't think that TeamLava is clueless if they've created such a brilliant and addicting game.

If they could drastically change the economy of Bakery Story, they could drastically change the XP system to solve their concern with people leveling up too quickly. Either way, people would be upset because older bakeries would have leveled up faster before the change / older bakeries would have made more money before the price inflation. BUT, the problem with the price inflation is that it's not resolving anything - it's causing problems and there really is no excuse for that considering TeamLava has the tools to change the game to their desire. If they had changed the XP system INSTEAD of the inflating the economy Bakery Story would be functioning like it used to, but you would level up slower; meaning you would have to unlock recipes, decorations, and expansions.

I don't mean to sound like I'm against you, I just have a different opinion to share and I hope you can read what I've said without assuming I am targeting you. I only replied to your post because you're the only person on this forum that believes TeamLava's soul reason for the price hike was for us to level up slower. I have nearly read every post on this forum to understand how the rest of the community feels, and lots of users feel as though TeamLava is being greedy and wanting us to buy gems. You do not need to reply to my response because I am not going to argue with you, I am just stating some ideas that you may have not considered before sympathizing for why TeamLava inflated the prices.

I did see that a moderator commented that the inflation would make players cranky in the short term while overall improving longevity of the game. It has been a week and users are already not looking forward to spending months to expand and decorate their bakery slower than they did when they started the game. I know that is one of the reasons said by a moderator, but it hasn't officially been validated as an announcement to every Bakery Story player, so I don't have a reason to trust that answer. For anyone to find that information they would have had to look through this entire forum and read a few sentences said by a moderator. Maybe TeamLava isn't ready to admit they are wrong, but for now I am very unsatisfied with the way TeamLava is handling this situation. I hope that they are doing the best that they can to listen to us, and hopefully my comment is seen so that they can consider changing the XP system so that the prices can return to normal!
    Back to the accounting.

FILO plus LADY GAGA = TROUBLE.

You guys have had your say. If you want to continue, GO AWAY!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by andyman4u View Post
    Back to the accounting.

FILO plus LADY GAGA = TROUBLE.

You guys have had your say. If you want to continue, GO AWAY!
    Pardon, but how am I trouble? I believe my responses are very information and full of insightful ideas for TeamLava. I am not fighting, how could you be so rude and say I am trouble? I have no reason to go away, I am simply keeping up with this forum and staying on topic by adding my opinions to the thread. How did you even have the time to read my post before replying so rudely? If you're keeping up with this forum too you might as well read what I have to say because I am NOT fighting with filochick1982.

Executive Chef
    ladygaga1978, I think you've misunderstood me. I wasn't sympathising with Team Lava at all. I don't agree with anything they are doing. It's completely unfair and I feel horrible for the lower level players.

At level 92, I'm in a more fortunate position but ONLY because I have no desire to expand. I already have the biggest bakery size available as a result of buying gems. I was happy to buy gems - I didn't have the patience to save up all those coins they wanted even with the OLD prices.

However, from a cash perspective, I have somehow managed to decorate my bakery and still have 11million coins left after spending the ridiculous 5 million coins needed for the chocolate fountain (had 16m coins before). Not quite sure how I managed that as other players on similar levels seem to not have as much money, so I must have done something different to them prior to the price rise but I can't exactly work out what. The only thing I can deduce it to is that I had heaps of food and prioritised baking food and filling counters to decorating - hence not spending as much money as others did.

Executive Chef
    Wow. So many new pages. Insanity. Team First 68 pages!

Quote Originally Posted by quiannag View Post
    I'm a long-time lurker on this forum, but I've read every single post on this 71-page thread. I'm a higher-level player in BS and RS though not as high as some. I'm a pretty regular gem buyer for all of the TL games that I played. I continued buying and playing even after the gem traps stole my gems, glitches made my coin count go down. I continued playing after a game glitch made me lose 80 gems in one fell swoop and TL refused to restore them. But I'm done after the price increase. I'm no longer buying any other gems, and they've lost another paying player.

I currently work in IT Customer Support. I know that if we treated to our customers the way TL does, my entire department would be out of a job within a week. It simply should not happen. That we've been this long without anything longer than a two-sentence response to the mostly wonderful feedback and constructive criticism that TL has been getting shows that they do not respect their clientele.

I've said my piece in the App store, but I believe I am going to take it one step further and e-mail my feedback to TL's parent company, Storm8. They ask for feedback on their company website and, following the example of my own company, if on level is not working or responding, you go to the next-higher level in order to get support. Perhaps some of you here would like to do the same?
    I just wanted to say, I have already contacted Storm8. No reply, of course. With that said...it seems to me that usually the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. In my IT field, our big boss would have already called an emergency regional meeting and spoke to all responsible individually and printed some fun pink slips. Sadly, it's obvious we can't expect much from TL. I've been waiting for maybe even GroupMagma to say anything [is he still around?] or any others. But alas, this thread proves pointless to everyone but those of us affected.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by LCAHEARTS View Post
    Wow. So many new pages. Insanity. Team First 68 pages!

I just wanted to say, I have already contacted Storm8. No reply, of course. With that said...it seems to me that usually the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. In my IT field, our big boss would have already called an emergency regional meeting and spoke to all responsible individually and printed some fun pink slips. Sadly, it's obvious we can't expect much from TL. I've been waiting for maybe even GroupMagma to say anything [is he still around?] or any others. But alas, this thread proves pointless to everyone but those of us affected.
    Ahem, the Whatever Thread is 168 pages now

Rhino Keeper
    ladygaga1978, I think you've misunderstood me. I wasn't sympathising with Team Lava at all. I don't agree with anything they are doing. It's completely unfair and I feel horrible for the lower level players.
    I was simply saying that I do not believe the reason for this price hike is for the game to slow down, which is what you believe. There is no miscommunication on that - I quoted you in my last response so you could maybe understand where I am coming from and ignore that you misunderstood my first reply to you. Back on topic, anyone could easily buy gems to expand and decorate their bakery quicker than anyone ever could with coins. I don't know if spending gems help you level up, but buying gems sure helps you expand your bakery and buy decorations while you can easily focus on spending your money on cooking food and coin decorations. Anyway, I wasn't even talking about you because this isn't about you, my comment was about the game.

Rhino Keeper
    ladygaga1978,

At level 92, I'm in a more fortunate position but ONLY because I have no desire to expand. I already have the biggest bakery size available as a result of buying gems. I was happy to buy gems - I didn't have the patience to save up all those coins they wanted even with the OLD prices.

However, from a cash perspective, I have somehow managed to decorate my bakery and still have 11million coins left after spending the ridiculous 5 million coins needed for the chocolate fountain (had 16m coins before). Not quite sure how I managed that as other players on similar levels seem to not have as much money, so I must have done something different to them prior to the price rise but I can't exactly work out what. The only thing I can deduce it to is that I had heaps of food and prioritised baking food and filling counters to decorating - hence not spending as much money as others did.
    As a less fortunate player than you I can't afford to buy gems for every expansion and more gems to decorate. So every expansion I have done has come from 24 hours of baking. So that might be the reason why players are more coin strapped than you are.

I'm guessing it's the fact that you used gems to expand rather than coins...

Executive Chef
    I don't see TL changing things back. Its sad. I miss my bakery but I refuse to play it the way it is now. It's also sad as I liked to buy gems when I could. I will continue to play the other games for now for free. I won't give TL anymore of my hard earned money. If they change things on whether games to like bakery then I'll simply quit those as well. I simply have no more trust in TL to want to support them by buying gems.