Page 76 of 130 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery: Increase in Prices

Executive Chef
    I wasn't suggesting you agreed with me. I was pointing out a possible reason why they jacked up the prices.

You quoted my post but it seems you didn't read it properly. I said I didn't agree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ladygaga1978 View Post
    Sorry, but I wasn't agreeing with you. I understand that you don't agree with the price inflation, but why create excuses to agree with TeamLava's awful and unfair idea? Think about it, why should cooking dishes for less than 12 hours make you lose money? Why would they even have those dishes available if they're going to cost you money to cook? What is fun about cooking food once a day and waiting MONTHS to be able to expand and decorate? I'm sorry, but that seems like a completely different game to me compared to how much fun Bakery Story was before. Most importantly, how is that even fair, especially for the lower level bakeries? I am only on level 42 and I am struggling to save up for my 6 million expansion.

I don't think this is about making the game last longer because I have (or should I say HAD) lots of neighbours who are above level 90 and have been playing for at least a year, some even two. Also, I have gone up two levels since the price inflation because I am baking so many dishes that give me hundreds of XP. It's not causing me to level up slower, it's causing me to earn money slower. Do you really believe that TeamLava wants me to have a small bakery until I get bored of trying to expand another 1x1 spaces every few months?

It's a game and it should be fun, but for whatever reason, we don't know - TeamLava has ruined one of their (previously) highest rated games. They have defeated the purpose of why this game used to be fun and they are losing customers that have been playing since 2010 and 2011! As far as I'm concerned, they did not make this change to improve the longevity of the game because that was not a problem!

Hugs people

Rhino Keeper
    The point is that TL has take the fun out of the game with such drastic price hikes. I think we'd all understand if it was a small increase but this is just too much really. I'm a level 85 player and buy gems just about every other day but with these new changes that's no longer happening its such a putty though because we as money spending customers should have a right to be advised before they decide to make such drastic changes to a game where we've spend a whole lot of money.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by filochick1982 View Post
    I wasn't suggesting you agreed with me. I was pointing out a possible reason why they jacked up the prices.

You quoted my post but it seems you didn't read it properly. I said I didn't agree with it.
    I did read it, maybe you didn't understand my response? I said, "I understand that you don't agree with the price inflation, but why create excuses to agree with TeamLava's awful and unfair idea?"

Farm Supplier
    Pre***ta/Question : Is TL raising the price in ALL of their games?? and WHY are they doing this?? PonyRoar has TL said anything about if they are willing to change the prices back??

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ladygaga1978 View Post
    I did read it, maybe you didn't understand my response? I said, "I understand that you don't agree with the price inflation, but why create excuses to agree with TeamLava's awful and unfair idea?"
    I wasn't creating an excuse to agree with what they are doing. I said I didn't agree with it below:

Quote Originally Posted by filochick1982 View Post
    BINGO. This why TL said it will make players cranky in the short term while overall improving longevity of the game. They want players to make nothing but the dishes that TAKE A LONG TIME TO COOK.

I don't agree with it, but I believe this is exactly what they want players to do. So it takes longer for them to level up. So there's no pressure on TL to increase the level cap past 100.

TL.....this price hike will eventually cause me 2stop playing a game that I find 2B xtremly enjoyable....10-15GEMS 4nearly EVERY display counter is ridiculous. Your making it impossible 2decorate. I can't afford 2buy gems @ every turn & the high cost, lenghth of cooking time & very low return onndishes don't earn me enough coins 2do everything I want 2do....you can't even realistically Xpand W/out gems!!!! 8mil 4an Expansion???? Come on guys!!! You're better off going down on cost. Eventually you will loose a huge #of players & even he high pricing won't help you.

Keep cost low. You will keep loyal players spending&playing which will eventually mean more profit 4TL....in the long run higher prices will get TL lower profit ....

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyazchica View Post
    They need to remove Free off the description of the game wherever you downloaded it from - for me Googleplay.
    I agree that they need to remove "free" from the description of the game, because it is definitely not free you have to pay for everything

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by andyman4u View Post
    Filo, I AM an accountant.

You are technically correct, but there is no need to baffle everybody with the technical terms.

Bottom line is, you are losing out on cashflow. TL have made it impossible to continue baking as you did before, and maintain cashflow.

This means that the majority of people playing the game now have to change their strategy altogether to continue to gain cash.

They must bake, then stop baking and wait forever.

This is very unattractive to most people, which is why they are getting out.
    After catching up on this thread, Andy ⇧⇧⇧ deserves a trophy.

He's the man.