Page 72 of 130 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery: Increase in Prices

Rhino Keeper
    TeamLava, why should we pay $10,000 for a potted plant??

I do not understand your price increase. I have stopped all baking and buying. I am ready to shut down the game/games just like a lot of my GREAT neighbours have. It is not right that you have done this and even more wrong you did it without warning

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by OrdinaryJoe View Post
    I think what filochick is saying is that since all recipes still result in a profit (not much, but still a profit nonetheless), you don't really lose money. What the increased cost is doing, is affecting your cash flow. You coins will be down with continued baking (because the food is not selling as fast as you're baking), but technically, the money is there -- sitting on the counters. It will convert to coins as food sells.
    I do understand what filochick is saying, I just disagree with it is all. I don't want to wait a year for my input to catch up with my output, and the way TL pulls recipes as seasonal (coming up by the way), we won't have the cash to make those recipes before they go bye-bye.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    I do understand what filochick is saying, I just disagree with it is all. I don't want to wait a year for my input to catch up with my output, and the way TL pulls recipes as seasonal (coming up by the way), we won't have the cash to make those recipes before they go bye-bye.
    How long do we normally get to make those seasonal recipes?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by OrdinaryJoe View Post
    How long do we normally get to make those seasonal recipes?
    Last year we had at most 2 months, and for some we barely had a month before items were pulled. I know for Fashion and Farm many things got pulled before people could fully master them. I don't remember how many there were in RS/BS, but I know a few went away before people had time to fully master them.

Executive Chef
    They don't go away if you need special appliances to bake them and you have the appliances already.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by filochick1982 View Post
    I would just like to correct everyone here who claims to lose money when they bake. Yes - at face value, you lose the money when you spend it on baking. However, when you look at the cost to bake a recipe, versus what you actually make once it's all sold, you do earn money - just not straight away. You just don't earn it fast enough which is why when you look at short term impact on your coin count, it appears that you are losing money.
    How long have you been playing, Filo?

You're correcting EVERYONE here,
    majority of 73 pages who says they're losing money!??!

Do you have ANY idea how this statement:
    However, when you look at the cost to bake a recipe, versus what you actually make once it's all sold, you do earn money - just not straight away. You just don't earn it fast enough which is why when you look at short term impact on your coin count, it appears that you are losing money.
    is tatally illogical?

Executive Chef
    Why does it matter how long I've been playing?

What's illogical about what I said? I believe OrdinaryJoe already explained it better than I did. Your cashflow is what is affected, not your profit.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnStorm8 View Post
    How long have you been playing, Filo?

You're correcting EVERYONE here,
    majority of 73 pages who says they're losing money!??!

Do you have ANY idea how this statement:
    However, when you look at the cost to bake a recipe, versus what you actually make once it's all sold, you do earn money - just not straight away. You just don't earn it fast enough which is why when you look at short term impact on your coin count, it appears that you are losing money.
    is tatally illogical?

Banned
    Why does it matter how long I've been playing?

What's illogical about what I said? I believe OrdinaryJoe already explained it better than I did. Your cashflow is what is affected, not your profit.
    It matters on how strongly we react.

Put aside the Brownie experiment where it's proven we ACTUALLY LOSE money.

If you've been playing for some time,
    you'd understand why this thread is 73 pages long.

Thus, when we say lose money,
    we consider a DROP IN PROFIT a loss!

You sell a handbag.
    Initial profit = $ 10.
    Revised profit = $ 5.

I CALL THAT A LOSS!

Rhino Keeper
    Your cashflow is what is affected, not your profit.
    Exactly, that's we're losing money when we bake throughout the day. If your counters do not completely sell by the time you bake again, you're losing money because you do not yet have the profit money to spend to cook more food. If you don't bake for awhile as your counters empty, yes, you'll earn money. When it comes time to bake again, you will literally almost be back at the price you started at. It's ridiculous, and completely unfair compared to how the game was played before! I agree with LynnStorm8, our reaction matters to what happens to this game. We need to get our point across, not argue over the fact that yes, you make money, but VERY little! Not enough to compensate for what you cooked during the day!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ladygaga1978 View Post
    Exactly, that's we're losing money when we bake throughout the day. If your counters do not completely sell by the time you bake again, you're losing money because you do not yet have the profit money to spend to cook more food. If you don't bake for awhile as your counters empty, yes, you'll earn money. When it comes time to bake again, you will literally almost be back at the price you started at. It's ridiculous, and completely unfair compared to how the game was played before! I agree with LynnStorm8, our reaction matters to what happens to this game. We need to get our point across, not argue over the fact that yes, you make money, but VERY little! Not enough to compensate for what you cooked during the day!
    Apparently, after reading Filo's numerous past post,
    maybe we're over-reacting? HA!