Page 56 of 130 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery: Increase in Prices

Dear GM,

Could you please to change the prices back?
    That is too bad to raise all the price become double.
    Expand, food... that was so difficult to play then!
    A lot of player comment about that,
    but why do not listen to us?
    Many of bakery join the blackout right now!
    We will not do anything to buy or expand until
    the price back...

Really hope that we can enjoy the game and have benifit with each others.

Best regards,
    Churman

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyRoar View Post
    Thank you, the thoughts are appreciated. Naturally, I wouldn't expect happy responses to the deliverer of bad news.
    First of all, thank you for AT LEAST acknowledging that the news we've been receiving from Team Lava (no plans to reverse price increases, etc) is BAD news. Thank you for that.

Secondly, I want to say that I agree that longevity is important for a game like this, but I disagree with the manner in which Team Lava is going about it. There are so many other actions Team Lava could have taken, but it's not like Team Lava is open to suggestions anyway, so listing them here would be moot.

I do want to point one thing out ... Allowing expansions and appliance slot purchases with gems actually does a lot more to RUIN the longevity of this game. Think about it --- expanding with gems and increasing appliance slots give you instant gratification, and is in essence a "shortcut" to the "end" of the game.

This is not meant to be a reflection on those who bought gems for expansions and appliance slots. (I for one, have bought gems for both of these purposes), but if longevity is the goal of Team Lava, they should make players really earn their game progress by playing. Expansions and extra appliance slots should be earned, and not purchased by gems. Instead, a lot of us have chosen to take these shortcuts available to us, by purchasing gems, instead of going through the motions and playing the game the REAL way, which would offer the most longevity for the game. Again, there's nothing wrong with US doing this, because it is an option in the game.

However, I question why Team Lava offer gems for expansions and additional appliance slots when it is counter-productive to their goal of longevity? Ah, yes, the answer is MONEY!

Now, there's nothing wrong with a company wanting to make money. Really. After all, this is why they're in business. But don't tell us it's about longevity, when it's really about money.

So, given all this, can you see how the second line below appears to be more true than the first line??

Team Lava wants to slow down the game, so that we can enjoy the game longer.
    or.. Team Lava wants to slow down the game, so players get frustrated and pay real money to speed up their game.

Rhino Keeper
    gosh team lava your just like our government ------------ giving us a budget they always put up prices too

so sad

New Resident
    What if TL's plan has been to raise the prices for gem items. If they just raised the amount of gems to unlock things, expand or decorating items people would be angry and no by gems anymore unless they really wanted something. But by raising the cost of everything and not increasing profit everyone is angry with the time it will take to make enough money to get anything. They have said the can't go back to the original prices (only software company I have ever heard of that does not keep its previous level of software anywhere once it upgrades), so since they cannot go back they will appease us by increasing the profit of each item to be what is was before or close, while keeping the amount of gems at the new level. Hoping this will make us happy because they compromised and returned the profits to us. Of course it will now be almost impossible to earn enough gems for an expansion, unlock appliances sooner or decorations, you will have to purchase gems with real money (since it takes more gem = more money for them).

If I have to by gems to be able to expand or buy any nice decorations I am looking for another game to play. I also have a 6 year old that likes to cook food or decorate the place so the gem trap is way to scary for me to buy gems. She just picks things she likes and has been to quick to the draw more than once.

Rhino Keeper

Question

Thank you, the thoughts are appreciated. Naturally, I wouldn't expect happy responses to the deliverer of bad news.

The prices aren't going to be changed back to the way they were before with the current plan (pony dodge under desk powers activate? >.<). I know that's unhappy news for some, which is why it's important to keep a thread open where users can express themselves and share their thoughts. Then, review that feedback and share it with the team. It doesn't mean there will or won't be changes in the future, but unfortunately, I can't speculate on that. Short term, it's going to make people cranky. Long term, it'll improve the game.
    Thank you for recognizing us here, I appreciate that at least SOMEone is reading our posts, but it seems like none of our questions are being answered. What I really REALLY need to know, is if Bakery Story is indeed being replaced. I beg of you to answer this one question. People have been speculating and rumors are flying, so it desperately needs to be addressed. If someone is on the fence on whether or not they want to keep playing, this info would greatly assist in them making this decision. I feel at this point, if gem sales are still continuing and "longevity" is being used as a reason, then it shouldn't be difficult to at the very least, let us know if this game us going into retirement. I'm not sure how it would even be legal to allow players to believe that they are purchasing gems for game updates and enhancement if TL KNOWS they are going to discontinue providing content for which these gems would be used.

So PLEASE!!! Just end the speculation, and answer this one question. Is Bakery Story going to suffer the same fate as City Story? And even if the answer is "maybe", we'll at least be aware of the possibility. Its only fair, and TL knows it.

Thank you. (Please... just tell us ...)

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marrrina View Post
    You could be right. After all Cafe and Bakery have both been registered since 2010. It would be weird to create Bakery Story with the intention from the get-go of replacing it with Cafe Story.
    To clear up any silly rumor milling or confusion. Bakery Story is not being phased out or replaced or any other variation of the word.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by creamypuff View Post
    Thank you for recognizing us here, I appreciate that at least SOMEone is reading our posts, but it seems like none of our questions are being answered. What I really REALLY need to know, is if Bakery Story is indeed being replaced. I beg of you to answer this one question. People have been speculating and rumors are flying, so it desperately needs to be addressed. If someone is on the fence on whether or not they want to keep playing, this info would greatly assist in them making this decision. I feel at this point, if gem sales are still continuing and "longevity" is being used as a reason, then it shouldn't be difficult to at the very least, let us know if this game us going into retirement. I'm not sure how it would even be legal to allow players to believe that they are purchasing gems for game updates and enhancement if TL KNOWS they are going to discontinue providing content for which these gems would be used.

So PLEASE!!! Just end the speculation, and answer this one question. Is Bakery Story going to suffer the same fate as City Story? And even if the answer is "maybe", we'll at least be aware of the possibility. Its only fair, and TL knows it.

Thank you. (Please... just tell us ...)
    Agree we just want to know.... But it's not like tl will take the option to buy gems... Since in city story they still offer the option..eventhough it's discontinued... And tl should add a pop up in city story for those who play I coming them the game is discontinued and won't receive any updates...because not everyone comes to the forum

Banned
    To clear up any silly rumor milling or confusion. Bakery Story is not being phased out or replaced or any other variation of the word.
    Thanks atleast we got one question answered

Banned
    Oh I forgot you can delete the thread poll I started... Thanks for answering our question