Page 51 of 130 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery: Increase in Prices

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardlickfan View Post
    I'm sorry TL I really don't understand how making the players coin poor helps the balance and longevity of the game. The players need coins to bake,decorate, and expand. And there are some players that are constantly redecorating and now they can't because they won't be able to afford to decorate, bake and save up for an over priced expansion. Now let's talk improving the balance and longevity of the game. I have a couple of ideas that some might like and some not but it's a better alternative to the recent change. I am thinking you are trying to stop the quickness of leveling up. Make tips .5 experience points, make everything lower in experience points but don't go overboard!!! Rework the numbers for leveling up and spread out all these recipes all the way up to level 96. So by level 96 you have all recipes unlocked but at level 75 you still have a lot of recipes to unlock. If it is truly your intention to improve the balance and longevity of the game please dig thru this thread and find all the really good ideas that some have given but if the goal is really to get us to buy more gems then by all means keep the overpriced prices in effect but just know we all here helped in making you what you have become and to ignore our feedback is truly not good business. I saw what we your players have done with Monster Story with no marketing costs so imagine what we could do if we all got sick of your deaf ears and left. Please reconsider this horrible mistake and put the prices back!!!
    I think those are really good ideas! There are a lot of things they could do to improve the longevity of the game, other than jacking up the prices so high that you will have to save all of your coins up for seven months just to expand!!! How many people are going to get bored during that "saving" time & quit (if they haven't already quit)?

Host(ess)
    I agree with TL's decision to increase the prices on everything. The game was way too easy before. I am enjoying it more now that I was before the increases. I have been playing for almost a year now and I think this was a much needed change! I would also like to thank TL for giving us goals, etc. on our androids. That was my only complaint about the game, since I have a Droid. Also, recently I had to get a new phone and TL answered my email immediately and switched my account over to my new phone. They had terrific service and I was very pleased by their speedy reply. Stick to your ***s, TL!

Rhino Keeper
    I've come to a conclusion what team lavas done increased bakery ����items �� for us all to panic buy gems in other stories before they all get price increase

Rhino Keeper
    That's hilarious!! @Quimbly- you honestly don't believe that? Who in their right mind would want to pay more on anything, really?? These changes aren't improving anything, it's TL worst idea yet. This is not likely going to blow over in the next few days, on the contrary players are determined to be heard and by whatever means possible we'll get our point accross despite the oppositions senseless remarks!!

Executive Chef
    I think what TL want is for people to progress slowly with the game by making it harder to expand, and harder to make money. Perhaps they're focused on other games now, and don't want to spend any more time increasing levels past 100 (if level 100 even exists - I've not seen anyone reach that). When they say 'improve the game' what they probably mean is that because it now takes longer to do stuff, it will mean players take longer to get bored and leave the game. What they didn't anticipate is that players will get bored of the game regardless, as they can't progress at all, making them leave the game anyway!

I will admit that after just 6 months of relatviely active game play, I managed to reach level 90 and master about 50% of all available recipes already, including all the speciality dishes using other appliances. I started with the recipes which took the shortest time and had all my stoves or drink makers just keep making the one recipe until I mastered it to Level 4. I have been able to earn a lot of gems doing things this way, and I've only purchased gems to expand to the largest bakery size - everything else in my bakery that needed gems to purchase was earned through sheer hard work. In the beginning when I was trying to master these, I was logging in several times a day as my dishes didn't take long to bake. Now that I am trying to master recipes that take 7 hours each to bake, I'm not logging in as often throughout the day (only 3 times max) but even so, I am still leveling up every 2-3 days. I only reached level 90 yesterday, and I have already gained almost half the XP required to reach level 91.

Banned
    Quimbly, I am sure you realise you are in a tiny, tiny minority. And looking at your bakery, I can see why you are neither here nor there on the price increases. You have a single-themed bakery and your bakery is relatively small for someone on Level 74. I would guess that you either don't bake very frequently, or you fast-sell using one of the methods-which-cannot-be-named in order to keep your food stocks low. I also don't see too much evidence that you buy gems. So, you are a different type of player with different goals to the majority of players who frequent the forums. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I, too, have experienced great customer service from TL when I have transferred games between devices. That's an easy one, they are more than happy to jump onto those requests and action them quickly. It just provides a great contrast to their inaction over other things that should be fixed.

I received nice quick replies at one point, too, when the TL support secret agent thought that he could trick me into thinking I had not been duped out of gems. He got back to me within an hour to advise me that I was not actually duped because blah blah blah. But when I asked for confirmation of that, he went mysteriously quiet and I have not heard from him in the 2 weeks since.

It is fortunate for TL that they have some customers who are willing to stand by them. However, there are dozens and dozens of gem-buying players who have spoken out on this forum to say that they will not be back. The thing is, there will be customers like you who are plodding along still but will not provide any revenue stream for TL. The ones who paid their salaries will be long gone. I wonder how good their customer service will be when they have had to lay off their staff because of the lack of revenue.

Rhino Keeper
    Short term, it's going to make people cranky. Long term, it'll improve the game.[/QUOTE]

I believe it's beyond ppl being cranky!!Do you guys even realize how drastic this price raise is? We're not talking about small bucks, you've doubled everything with no increase in revenue. What did you guys expect from players? To just accept these changes without having a say in this? Well not likely, it's money we've invested into these games and so I believe we have a right as customers to refuse and protest against something that will in the long run affect our wallets as well.

Banned
    Wow, Pink, it won't be long before this thread is longer than your Realistic Bakery one! (especially now since all the Realistic Bakeries have suffered Realistic Consequences and have gone Realistically Bankrupt)

New Resident
    if it's going to take a while to expand and can't make money from baking, so can't really buy any decorations except when buying gems, then where's the fun in this game anymore??

I have already said my goodbyes to my awesome neighbors. =). will be uninstalling my game shortly since they're not bringing the prices back as it were before....

Executive Chef
    Can't we write on their Facebbok wall about how wrong this is? I will never buy anything from Bakery Story when the price was lower. It's the same thing when they raise the prices for the appliances.
    I play all the games but these days I have been showing more interest in Farm, Bakery, and Pet Hotel Story. But I do check the other games like three times a week. =)