Page 3 of 130 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery: Increase in Prices

I've been playing bakery for year and a half. I just reached level 99 yesterday. I still have 4 expansions left. I'm cooking on the juice machine and when the orange juice is done, I'm serving them and putting up the appliances until the prices are fix back where they were. It is very disappointing that TL is doing this to all their customers. I was buying gems in almost every game I play(farm, restaurant, fashion, nightclub, bakery, and pets) not anymore. I'm not wasting my real money on a game that I can't get any farther in. I love these games and I play them every night. I'm not going to play bakery anymore until the prices are fixed.

Executive Chef
    Hi
    Been playing since 2010 and reached lvl 97, buying quite a few gems along the way,
    Enjoying the updates, LTO & even the appliances with their 1 recipe wonder lol

But this, this is NOT acceptable

Just purchase a new ipad and the 1st game I downloaded was Bakery.
    Started at The beginning. It was hard, but it was a challenge I had looked forward to.

Not now, every recipe loses $. Almost impossible to achieve any measure of success.

This is supposed to be a Fun, Stress-free game. What happened?

Farm Supplier
    Since, many people are " quiting" bakery story maybe TL will take the hint and return the prices back to normal. And also i think its odd that TL NEVER explained WHY they made these changes and never ANNOUNCED it. If we have to be constructive why can't TL?? We deserve an explanation for this and any possible outcome.

Fashion Designer
    You ask for our feedback or opinions and the moment TL gets a lot of negative feedback, then that's it, discussion over and that's not fair. The entire point of a forum is to express your opinion, good or bad and sometimes it feels like we aren't always entitled to say whatever we want. With that being said, I've been playing this game for over a year and a half and it feels like all TL have done is gone downhill with their continuous bad decisions and not listening to their customers. Doubling the prices just makes no sense. It was hard enough to sell food and majority of the time it's difficult earning coins and saving coins when things keep gettig more expensive. 60 million coins for the last expansion? No thanks. And raising recipe prices when we hardly make anything off of them? That is just not reasonable and I think it's clear as day people aren't happy with this and if TL are able to see this and still make no change, then that tells you the kind of company they are and I'm sure myself and others included will not have any issues leaving this game. If TL want to be successful in their business then first they need to be successful with their customers and actually hear us. I would hate to give this game up, but at the moment TL are making that decision quite easy. Games shouldn't be stressful, we should be able to relax and enjoy them.*
    Last edited by kooky panda; 09-06-12 at 08:48 PM. Reason: discussing moderator actions-against forum rules

Executive Chef
    Once my ovens and beverage makers have been cleared, like so many others, I will not bake again until the price problem has been addressed. I will not purchase gems, nor add any item to my bakery. If my counters run out of food, then my bakery will close and my account deleted. As long as I have m good neighbors, I will continue to tip. As for gifting, I will gift if my neighbors wish to receive, but I'm not seeing the point. There are a lot of bugs that need to be taken care of. I contacted TL as others have and received the standard, "our engineers are working on it". Haven't seen any improvement as yet. Disappointing ... very disappointing. The only game I play is Bakery Story. Thought about playing another, but not now!

Banned

Exclamation Business Point of View

OK.

TL, let's focus on a Business point of view,
    shall we?

I believe this price hike
    is YOUR attempt on us bakers
    to purchase Gems for progress.

After all, EVERY calculation post on this issue in this forum
    has shown it's virtually impossible
    or takes forever
    to progress without purchasing Gems.

Yes, I purchase Gems.

However, I could have achieved what I have without purchase.
    Nevertheless, I did it as an option,
    NOT out of necessity.
    I'm impatient, wanted to accelerate my progress
    and obviously the Box decos.

I know, Team Lava.
    Granted.
    As a company, you need to generate profit.
    And in your business development team's warped mind (do you even have one?),
    "the more Gems purchased = the higher profit".

And with this double price hike,
    more bakers would be "forced"
    to purchase Gems to progress.

Might I remind you,
    even if several bakers are desperate enough to do that,
    a MAJORITY OF US ARE NOT!

Also, those few who DO that,
    believe me,
    it'll soon burn a hole in their pockets
    and those purchases WILL taper off.

Don't believe me?

If you miraculously (!) see increased profit (which I highly doubt!)
    in this months Financial Statements,
    it's a fluke or very short-term
    because MANY . LONG . TERM . HIGH . LEVEL . PLAYERS . ARE . LEAVING.

And you know what?
    Bad as it may sound,
    long-term players are whom you want to maintain.

Do you want your bakers to be one-off Gem purchasers,
    play until Level 25 and quit?
    Just because they find the game boring after all?

Admit it.
    Long-term players are your bread & butter.

We are the ones who look forward to weekly updates.
    And eventhough we may hate some updates,
    we STILL stick around hoping for better ones in future.

Also, it's an obvious fact that with the recession
    and financial crisis,
    Team Lava's industry, Gaming,
    is HIGHLY dispensable.

Very few are going to purchase Gems to progress in BS
    in this economy with their hard-earned money.

I purchase with my "mini-fun-fund".
    Again, out of option and for fun.
    NOT because:
    oh-no-need-to-purchase-to-expand-because-im-not earning-enough.

Think about it, TL.
    Or get a new business development team!

Banned
    Well said Lynn!

I totally agree.

They need to revisit their pricing and marketing strategy, as well as get someone in who can explain how well a business does if it makes all its customers mad!

Host(ess)
    I think that the real problems here (as others have noted) are that we need a reason to keep playing, and TL needs a way to keep making $$. I agree that there are other ways to do this however, besides messing with the long-term players. TL isn't ADDING an element to make the game better or more captivating, they are in our eyes taking AWAY what few goals we high-level players had left (mostly expanding and being excited about the weekly updates).

My constructive comment is the following: by GIVING instead of taking away, high and low-level players will both be equally rewarded with new ambitions in the game. If TL was to perhaps, say, add a patio area to the outside of the bakery (or something along those lines) instead of adding only content you need gems for, or by making expanding impossible - it would give players REASONS to spend money on the game, and I'm sure many would happily do so.

Others have listed good ideas on this thread, so I hope they are actually listened to and considered.

We high-level players should not be punished, we should be rewarded for sticking around as long as we have (with only expanding and mastering to keep us going).

Fashion Designer
    I am still a lower level player. However, this is my second bakery. I was saving up to my ONE million dollar expansion. I am only half way there & it has taken me at least 5 days, already. Could you imagine how long it would taken me to get to SIXTY-FOUR million? There is no point in playing the game if that goal doesn't even seem in reach.

New Resident

Angry

I am so angry I have no words except I QUIT!!!