Page 12 of 130 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery: Increase in Prices

Farm Supplier
    Very disappointing!!

New Resident
    Im done with BS! You guys just had to do it eh

Rhino Keeper
    I would like to further add to my original post numbered 104. I thought about how this will affect decorating too. I have 2 expansions left so my shop is pretty big and the last time I did a complete remodel (floors,walls,tables, everything) it cost me almost 3 million coins. With Halloween, Christmas, and then Valentine's day how will I be able to afford all the decorating that I was hoping to do. I don't even think I could earn 3 million coins by Halloween with the inflated costs and decreased profits. Please TL rethink this decision. Do not make this game impossible to play!!!!

Farm Supplier
    I am amazed at the number of people I have talked to today who are happily baking away, not realizing that the price for everything has doubled since yesterday! After posting a message on my wall, and leaving a message on all my neighbor's walls, I spent the day randomly tipping people, and posting on their walls, asking them to email teamlava about this price increase. Spread the word on the message boards at BS!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaBLB View Post
    I am amazed at the number of people I have talked to today who are happily baking away, not realizing that the price for everything has doubled since yesterday! After posting a message on my wall, and leaving a message on all my neighbor's walls, I spent the day randomly tipping people, and posting on their walls, asking them to email teamlava about this price increase. Spread the word on the message boards at BS!
    Yeah I noticed that too... Some haven't noticed I'm visiting community members to inform them ....

New Resident
    I am a gem buying player and I created a password 5 minutes ago JUST so I could come and add my dissatisfaction. I have spent so much time and effort on this game, only to have it all ripped away. I'm an adult and I've spent my hard earned money on this game because it brought me joy. What joy is there in being tricked, robbed blind, and told that my complaints are not important?! I worked in customer service for years and let me give you a few pieces of "constructive" advice Storm8:

1. You guys don't know anything about economics so don't use that excuse. Name one country where the inflation rate went up 500% in 60 seconds and then maybe you could claim that it's "economics". More like economics for your own wallet. If your company is doing that poorly, maybe you should drop a few games and focus your energies and expenses on a handful of games instead of spreading your resources thin.

2. It's well known in gaming customer service that happy gamers spend money, oppressed frustrated gamers uninstall apps. How do you think XBox Live gets subscribers buying coins all the time? Because they offer appealing items and they treat people right. They don't make their customers go onto a message board to read pre-programmed canned responses from forum mods, they actually have a customer service department.

3. I've seen this same slow death occur to some of my favorite Facebook games, like Restaurant City. Bugs & glitches combined with money-hungry corporatism and poor customer service drove people away by the thousands. What used to be a number #2 FB game is now not even on the list. Bakery Story is headed down the same route, especially after this latest stunt. Storm8 is just as bad as Playfish, except EA won't buy you guys out.

4. Listen to your customers. If they are telling you they will leave the game, don't test them. This is not a game of truth or dare. No one is going to wait 5 years to expand a virtual bakery, get real. Put yourself in our shoes. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I realize these are far too moral words for a greedy corporation, but still.

After Sunday, if you guys still have not removed the hammer from your brains, I will be closing my bakery for good. There are plenty of other games in the Google Play Store for me to spend my cash on.
    Last edited by greygull; 09-07-12 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Discussing boycott

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaBLB View Post
    THis is so true...But I also have found that this increase is affecting other games I have neighbors in RS & MS that are quitting and they state as their reason There are a lot of us with complaints but many more oblivious to whats going on...TL do you care about losing your best customers because most of the people that have already quit aren't mid level players such as myself but long term players who kept playing daily and buying gems even though they have achieved what the rest of us aim for....That speaks volumes..
    Last edited by greygull; 09-07-12 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Removing boycott statement

Executive Chef
    Listen TL, this isn't just bad news to us, it's bad news to you. Everybody is either quiting, taking breaks or just not caring about the game anymore!

Executive Chef
    Well I have officially quit bakery. Posted on all nbrs walls and let them know why and then deleted them sadly.

This is my bakery now

Oh and I definelty won't be spending any real money in any of the other games anymore. Just in case TL does the same to them cause if they do I'll be quitting them as well.

Host(ess)
    Very disappointing:-(