Page 75 of 130 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery: Increase in Prices

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by ladygaga1978 View Post
    filochick1982, please read this so you can understand what is happening. You can make a Sweet Tea for $1,000, and when you bake the dish it says "Profit: $1,500". If you deduct $1,000 for the cost of baking from the total, even after you have sold ALL of your Sweet Tea dishes you will only make $500. With that $500 you do not have enough to cook another Sweet Tea for $1,000. If you sell a product, you have to think about how much you spent, how much it will cost to buy more stock, and how much you're actually earning (which does not include the money that keeps the business running). If you're breaking even that's not a business, that's a waste of time. Your theory of cashflow confused with profit is wrong because even if you sold ALL of your Sweet Tea dishes you would still be $500 short of being able to afford cooking a Sweet Tea again. Yes, you made $500, but that's not enough to bake another Sweet Tea, let alone anything else on the menu to cook! Does that make sense to you?
    And there are very few recipes left in the oven cookbook that gives that. Brownies = 30 to cook and 110 income = profit of 80 so you can actually make 2 more sets of brownies off selling that one batch of 110. I think Chocolate Cookies and Blueberry Muffins and a few others as well, but not many are left and even those may not give double, but only single. At least it's enough to make another batch once that first one sells out (years from now).

I guess we should all just bake Brownies from now on, as that is one of the few recipes that gives us back double what we put into it.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by andyman4u View Post
    I can almost see the reply you will get to this. I don't think we should bother prolonging this discussion, Filo clearly is having a huge ego boost by feeling superior to the other players because he can see things from a more technical point of view.

It is very hard to run a business this way, which is why we don't like the price increases. You simply cannot continue like you used to.
    I completely agree with you! I hope that my example is seen and heard by others so that it's easy to understand that cooking nearly any dish that takes less than 12 hours to cook will basically lose them money if they continue to cook the same dish daily. I used the example of Sweet Tea because the numbers are simple to understand compared to the other dishes on the game. The old prices were flawless, you could cook food and gradually earn money as the dishes were sold. The price inflation is not going to work in the long run.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ladygaga1978 View Post
    I completely agree with you! I hope that my example is seen and heard by others so that it's easy to understand that cooking nearly any dish that takes less than 12 hours to cook will basically lose them money if they continue to cook the same dish daily. I used the example of Sweet Tea because the numbers are simple to understand compared to the other dishes on the game. The old prices were flawless, you could cook food and gradually earn money as the dishes were sold. The price inflation is not going to work in the long run.
    BINGO. This why TL said it will make players cranky in the short term while overall improving longevity of the game. They want players to make nothing but the dishes that TAKE A LONG TIME TO COOK.

I don't agree with it, but I believe this is exactly what they want players to do. So it takes longer for them to level up. So there's no pressure on TL to increase the level cap past 100.

OK, you have now made it look like we all agree.

*group hug*

Let's move on.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by filochick1982 View Post
    Why are you so NASTY? Is your life based around this little game?

Did I say I was happy with the price changes? NO

Did I say I was making lots of money from it? NO

All I said was it's not affecting me as badly as others so I will continue to play.

Get over it.
    I'm not being nasty.

You just CAN'T seem to grasp the fallout
    this price hike caused long-term players.

Long-term, high-level players who love BS,
    who DO have real lifes.

All I said was it's not affecting me as badly as others so I will continue to play.
    Exactly. Lucky you then!
    Unfortunately, it affects many OTHER bakers.
    Your posts are trivalising the issue.

FYI, I have a real social life,
    so bouncing out of BS is no big deal.

HOWEVER, I prefer to do stop playing on MY ON TERMS,
    not be forced out by TL's price hike.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andyman4u View Post
    OK, you have now made it look like we all agree.

*group hug*

Let's move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by marrrina View Post
    Yes, let's move on!! Threads get shut down when things get too heated.
    I'm done.
    Moving on.

Rhino Keeper
    Before this change most people at around level 60 or so were complaining because the food was moving too slow, myself included. Since I refuse to use gems to expand my bakery wsd about 1/4 filled with counters. I kept cooking mainly to get the gems. I have had to change my strategy because of the high price of cooking. Now I cook on only 3 appliances. My customers continue to come in at a good rate and I make over 100k a day. (Except for the days I don't get my overnight earnings. Grrr!) The down side is that I don't earn gems as quickly. I do have more room in my bakery since I have stored most of my appliances, but with the increase for expansion I don' t want to spend the coins for decor, knowing I will run out of room quickly. Sadly about a week before the change I decided to throw out a lot of my food because again I was running out of space. I am still managing to have a good amount of food. My point is that for me personally it is the increase in the cost of expansions that has kicked my hiney. I am not happy with any of it, but this it what really annoys me. To me there is no reason to churn out loads of food each day when it sits on the counters forever, except to earn gems.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyRoar View Post
    I'll ask about this and get back to you.
    Thank you

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by filochick1982 View Post
    BINGO. This why TL said it will make players cranky in the short term while overall improving longevity of the game. They want players to make nothing but the dishes that TAKE A LONG TIME TO COOK.

I don't agree with it, but I believe this is exactly what they want players to do. So it takes longer for them to level up. So there's no pressure on TL to increase the level cap past 100.

Sorry, but I wasn't agreeing with you. I understand that you don't agree with the price inflation, but why create excuses to agree with TeamLava's awful and unfair idea? Think about it, why should cooking dishes for less than 12 hours make you lose money? Why would they even have those dishes available if they're going to cost you money to cook? What is fun about cooking food once a day and waiting MONTHS to be able to expand and decorate? I'm sorry, but that seems like a completely different game to me compared to how much fun Bakery Story was before. Most importantly, how is that even fair, especially for the lower level bakeries? I am only on level 42 and I am struggling to save up for my 6 million expansion.

I don't think this is about making the game last longer because I have (or should I say HAD) lots of neighbours who are above level 90 and have been playing for at least a year, some even two. Also, I have gone up two levels since the price inflation because I am baking so many dishes that give me hundreds of XP. It's not causing me to level up slower, it's causing me to earn money slower. Do you really believe that TeamLava wants me to have a small bakery until I get bored of trying to expand another 1x1 spaces every few months?

It's a game and it should be fun, but for whatever reason, we don't know - TeamLava has ruined one of their (previously) highest rated games. They have defeated the purpose of why this game used to be fun and they are losing customers that have been playing since 2010 and 2011! As far as I'm concerned, they did not make this change to improve the longevity of the game because that was not a problem!

Rhino Keeper
    I apologize, I did not mean to drag on the argument if that is the case. I only intended to point out a few issues that I find very important concerning the price inflation. Not necessarily who is right or wrong because we all have our own opinions, but honestly, I think we all know that this price hike isn't about making the game take longer to play...