Page 74 of 130 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery: Increase in Prices

It shouldn't it's the truth.

Executive Chef
    Thank you. I just get really pedantic and using incorrect terminology. It's misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by andyman4u View Post
    Filo, I AM an accountant.

You are technically correct, but there is no need to baffle everybody with the technical terms.

Bottom line is, you are losing out on cashflow. TL have made it impossible to continue baking as you did before, and maintain cashflow.

This means that the majority of people playing the game now have to change their strategy altogether to continue to gain cash.

They must bake, then stop baking and wait forever.

This is very unattractive to most people, which is why they are getting out.

Above a certain level, who hasn't accidentally stored a counter with tens/hundreds of thousands of plates on it? The same repetitive motions that let us fall prey to gem traps let us lose inventory. No biggie with the old system, but a real pisser now.

Tiered/gated changes would be palatable. All I'm seeing are repercussions with this sudden switch. So soon after the more than double (24 to 49 gems) change to extra appliance prices, and all I can think is "arrogant cash grab." After all, we took that in stride, surely we'd have no quarrel with EVERYTHING doubling in price.
    Last edited by greygull; 09-13-12 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Inappropriate language

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by filochick1982 View Post
    Yes, if you re-read my previous post, I believe I highlighted that there was a decrease in profit. It's STILL a profit - it's just less. There's a big difference in a making LESS profit and actually operating at a LOSS, which is completely 0 profit.
    It's only a profit when the food you baked actually sells, until then you're basically losing money. Ask those that still have last Halloween's recipes on their counters how they feel about waiting till next Halloween for them, as well as this years, to actually clear and maybe make back the money they spent in cooking them. I doubt they'll be happy with these changes.

This was not for your benefit, it was to show those poor souls who only know what they see (ie that their coin count will go down if they keep playing how they used to) that all of your fancy corrections do not change the fact that the game has changed for them.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by andyman4u View Post
    This was not for your benefit, it was to show those poor souls who only know what they see (ie that their coin count will go down if they keep playing how they used to) that all of your fancy corrections do not change the fact that the game has changed for them.
    In that case, I will take back my thank you.

I never said the change hasn't changed. Of course it HAS. It doesn't change the fact people are making misleading claims about using the wrong terminology.

Executive Chef
    change = game

You make it sound like they are deliberately misleading people, which clearly they are not. You are pulling them up on technicalities. If that makes your playing experience more fulfilling, then that's great for you. but please don't try to "prove" that these people are wrong for feeling ripped off!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by filochick1982 View Post
    In that case, I will take back my thank you.

I never said the change hasn't changed. Of course it HAS. It doesn't change the fact people are making misleading claims about using the wrong terminology.
    Maybe the terminology use is not up to your standards,
    but absoulutely NOBODY has made making misleading claims
    when it comes to decrease in profit.

It's a fact.
    People are unhappy.
    Acknowledge it.

Executive Chef
    Of course it makes sense to me. However, that's still $500 you've made, so it's still a profit.

I don't agree with the price increases either. No on does or has ever claimed to.

I think if you're in the predicament of not being able to get ahead due to being cash-poor, you have 4 options:

1) let your food sell out and do nothing else til this happens
    2) buy gems to buy coins (what TL want you to do)
    3) quit the game altogether
    4) not play the game for a while and hope that TL change the prices back (very doubtful given all the posts about not being able to revert the prices back)

Personally, I will keep playing until this affects me. I'm coin rich (11 million coins) with food still left to sell. I don't need to expand (bought gems for that), so all my money is being spent on decorating and baking. I know I'm not making as much money as I used to, and what little money I do make takes a long time. However, I still enjoy the game at the moment, so I will keep playing until it doesn't anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ladygaga1978 View Post
    filochick1982, please read this so you can understand what is happening. You can make a Sweet Tea for $1,000, and when you bake the dish it says "Profit: $1,500". If you deduct $1,000 for the cost of baking from the total, even after you have sold ALL of your Sweet Tea dishes you will only make $500. With that $500 you do not have enough to cook another Sweet Tea for $1,000. If you sell a product, you have to think about how much you spent, how much it will cost to buy more stock, and how much you're actually earning (which does not include the money that keeps the business running). If you're breaking even that's not a business, that's a waste of time. Your theory of cashflow confused with profit is wrong because even if you sold ALL of your Sweet Tea dishes you would still be $500 short of being able to afford cooking a Sweet Tea again. Yes, you made $500, but that's not enough to bake another Sweet Tea, let alone anything else on the menu to cook! Does that make sense to you?