Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Why all the item prices doubled?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    "balance, quality, and longevity of the game for existing and new users." I'm not a stupid person, but I really don't understand what this is supposed to mean. Can you please explain WHAT this means?

There is no balance, quality, or longevity for new players. Have you or any other TL employee started a game from scratch? Or even played from around level 20? There is no way to make the money needed to even purchase the newer appliances, let alone any of the decorations. There is no way for even a level 96-100 player that hasn't been able to get the coins to expand fully to even expand at these prices, let alone new players. If they can't expand, then they can't purchase things to put in their bakeries, even if they could afford these new prices.

All TL is doing is forcing players to purchase gems with real money, and if you guys haven't figured it out yet, most players ARE NOT going to do that because of your gem traps and poor customer service. Wake up.

TL is going to lose new players, players that haven't downloaded are not going to due to comments on the forum and in the App Stores, and old LOYAL players are fed up and are going to leave (because they are sick of this happening constantly or because they are losing neighbors and don't want to get new ones).

Is TL trying to phase out these old games and feel the only way to do that is to get people to quit? The "team" is making really bad business decisions and like all other BUGS and COMMENTS, I won't be surprised if these aren't listened to either. There are still bugs in many of the games that are not getting fixed, but they keep adding more games or updating the existing ones in a way that makes the players want to leave TL.

Kudos for these changes, as you've just lost more players. I'm sure you're proud and I'm giving you a standing ovation. Woot Woot, go TL go.
    Could not have said it better!

I've been saving for the ONE million dollar expansion for five days already & I am only at $500,000 (that's without buying ANY decorations). How am I ever going to save up to SIX HUNDRED MILLION?!?! And I surely do NOT want to have to save up for DAYS to buy a decoration!!!

& I will definitely not be buying any gems with the gem traps. I am not going to risk paying real money when I may not even ever get anything from it!

Executive Chef
    WOW TL. Pathetic as a one word choice is not enough.

You DO NOT value your players/customers what so ever. This is not the first time this has happened. You learned absolutely nothing. We on the other hand, do learn. I personally won't be toy'd with as a paying customer.

Where do I begin? This game was just to pass idle time but as I got into it, it became a daily enjoyment and now a daily need as I do not want to let down my wonderful and loyal neighbors. I was exactly like Lilacpear...not going to spend money. I thought the prices / gem costs were already outragous and so my bakery remained humble as a comparison with others as a result.
    However, my desire to expand could not be ignored so I broke down and bought gems for the sole purpose of expanding. Since the gem amount is the same in expansion but coins required increase, my strategy was to expand in the lower brackets using coins then in the higher brackets use gems. Well, I approximate $150,000 to $180,000 in revenue daily however after my cost of baked food for the day, I'm netting about $100,000 a day. So it took me 2 months to save up $6mil to expand. I'm in the process of saving up $7mil for the next expansion before buying and using gems which I figure will take 2 and 1/2 months.
    Today, to my horror, I discovered my next expansion went from $7mil to $14mil. Therefore it will take me approx. 5 months of dedicated playing to expand to the next level. I planned to use gems for the remaining last 3 expansions which would be purshased gems. However 5 more months of dedicated play I might not need to purchase the gems. Ill be getting gems faster that coins.
    TL, you have only managed to make my goal so unattainable that ive lost the heart to play anymore. I think ill will make the decision to close my bakery. If you decide to revert the prices back I will consider opening my shop again.

Rhino Keeper
    How many people are actually playing Bakery Story right at this very moment, cooking to their hearts content, buying stuff and just putting along, clueless that the amount they are paying for things just doubled overnight... I suspect that a lot of people (there are lots who don't frequent this forum) don't even know what's going on....

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by apanqqq View Post
    I have an idea.

Just logon to itunes/ samsungstore and give 1 in rating for the game.

Maybe rhat make TL wake up...
    Done....

Rhino Keeper
    Can't not figure out how to leave app feedback on iPad??

Executive Chef
    Guess what TL? It is not possible to play anymore. To reach the next expansion will take several mths so it's going to be very boring, and not worth it. I was going to purchase gems for today's update, but there is no point buying anything for a game I won't play. Even if the barista counter is re released.
    See ya!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by melby29 View Post
    PonyRoar..... you really want to say "hehe" and put smiley faces in your post while everyone here is shattered by this decision?
    Yes, I was equally puzzled by the smileys and giggles. NO ONE here is smiling.

-lp

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by OrdinaryJoe View Post
    How many people are actually playing Bakery Story right at this very moment, cooking to their hearts content, buying stuff and just putting along, clueless that the amount they are paying for things just doubled overnight... I suspect that a lot of people (there are lots who don't frequent this forum) don't even know what's going on....
    Actually OrdinaryJoe, I am one that is on the forum and still cooking and buying items. Grant you I hate the changes that TL did, but I still enjoy the game. I am one that plays the game out of pleasure not to expand, master as fast as possible. There are changes to this game and RS that I extremely hate but LIFE GOES ON! I do come on these boards to vent and take in other people's game plays to make mines better. If it takes additional month to save what little money comes my way, then so be it. There will be a period where you have all this money and nothing to spend it on. I remember the days when TL doesnt update their game every week like they promise or the last 5 expansions were quite new that just came out within the last year or so.

Anyways, my point of all this was just to answer your question....

Executive Chef
    AGAIN with the price changes *sigh*.
    I've blocked my doors also and definitely not buying anymore gems.
    Well actually I stopped buying gems, when the gem prices rose on getting an extra appliance slot.
    As for me, I cannot just quit as I manage a bunch TL related content.
    PM/ Profile |Gamerologizm Fan Link in Forum (previously known as Supreme Dynasty) | Transfer Method
    Dragon Egg Chart Mostly updated (I've given up on Dragon because most Dragons are unobtainable for me; but still update when I can when I'm not scrambling with RS & BS to complete their goals.)
    Restaurant & Bakery Completely Updated!
    IDs: Sehana (main)