Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Why all the item prices doubled?

Rhino Keeper
    I have a feeling that Restaurant Story will see the same fate. Makes me not want to invest my time and money on that game anymore either.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyRoar View Post
    We are still reviewing and collecting feedback. Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts.
    Does this mean that there is a possibility that you will revert back to the way things were prior to this sudden doubling of everything?

My suspicions were confirmed... it was never a bug, but an intentional price increase. I would venture to guess that of all the Team Lava story games, Bakery Story probably has the most dedicated users (customers). Therefore, a price increase is their not so subtle approach to luring loyal or addicted followers to purchase more gems in hopes of reaching new levels, earning goals, etc. While I understand the need for supply and demand, the outcome is simple here: do not financially invest in something with no actual return. I thoroughly enjoy Bakery Story just as much as the next person (as I have spent countless hours baking, tipping, buying and designing) but I will likely be phasing out my time and dedication to a game that seems to have no end, as it's company is not interested in loyal customer feedback or leveling the playing field. Best to all.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyRoar View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the feedback on the current coin prices changes for Bakery Story! Unfortunately, we are not able to revert the prices back to their original amounts at this time. Please note that price changes may occur as you continue to play the game and adjustments may be made to the economy to ensure the balance, quality, and longevity of the game for existing and new users.

Please continue to share your constructive feedback regarding these changes and we will continue to pass the feedback on to the team so they know how you feel about these changes.
    Wow...I really don't know what to say. This is an absolute disgrace, the doubling of prices is here to stay??? I'd like to know how you thought this one through TL. You think you are improving the economy of the game and helping out the new players. Well I'm pretty sure you are the only ones who think that, new players can't afford to buy anything in the game so they won't be new players for long and old players like the economy just the way it was....it's kinda hard the swallow that this is to benefit us. Charging us more money to cook and buy things and not increasing the value of each dish.....hmmmmm...nope not helping one bit. This is my constructive feedback Although I'm sure you don't agree, as I'm not saying "well done TL, what a marvelous idea, double our prices and give us nothing in return, how wonderful" Oh and passing our feedback on to the 'team'...now that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. They already know how we feel but they obviously could give two hoots! Pathetic.
    Last edited by [S8] Elsa; 09-06-12 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Edited due to rule violation.

WOW this is beyond ridiculous. This so called game seems to be more stress than anything anymore. INSANE. FED UP!

Rhino Keeper
    Totally agree with you Joe

Rhino Keeper
    Woooow
    That's mean I will stop playing till the old prices will be returned back

Rhino Keeper
    Why TL??? This price doubling helps no one. If you are trying to get more players to buy gems take away the gem traps but making the game harder to earn coins so we buy gems to buy coins is ridiculous!! I have warned all my nbrs about this price doubling and told them I will no longer play any TL game (my poor dragons) until the prices go back to where they were. Please stop trying to fix the games economy because there was never a problem with it!!! Don't fix what isn't broken!!!
    Last edited by kooky panda; 09-06-12 at 12:01 PM. Reason: inappropriate statement

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by OrdinaryJoe View Post
    I have a feeling that Restaurant Story will see the same fate. Makes me not want to invest my time and money on that game anymore either.
    I would love to see that. I take that back... I would pay to see that. Considering the already ridiculous plates-per-batch-cooked rates (275 plates for an 8-hour recipe? Seriously?) and the fact that those recipes sell for a meager $4 coins per plate, I foresee a riot starting in the RS threads if they double the prices of everything.

One of my favorite items on RS is the black Lounge Chair (retails for $19,000). After playing RS for almost three months, I've only been able to purchase one. ONE.

My restaurant looks a mess because:

1. I never have enough coins to decorate properly.
    2. I never have enough coins because my restaurant is almost always closed.
    3. My restaurant is closed because my counters are frequently empty.
    4. My counters are empty because I sell out of food constantly.
    5. I sell out of food constantly, despite cooking ALL THE TIME, because of the low yield per recipe.
    6. The low yield per recipe generates low revenue and low profits.
    7. Low revenue and low profits = not enough coins.

This is starting to sound like a modern-day Greek tragedy.

-lp

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by touchofsugar7 View Post
    [...] the outcome is simple here: do not financially invest in something with no actual return. [...]
    (Emphasis added.)

My sentiments exactly.

-lp

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast