Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: feedback for Android 1.5.5.1

New Resident

feedback for Android 1.5.5.1

I just wanted to add my 2 cents about the new update for Android. It's a bit long, sorry...

The good:

• parts are showing up in gifts! Yay!
    • coins & stars can now be collected in groups (though it would be even better if we don't have to collect them at all)
    • limited time items now have nifty new ribbon in the design tab
    • goals! finally!

The bad:

• 'current' recipe is no longer remembered when cooking multiples, so you have to scroll through to find it again
    • word suggestions/auto-correct are turned off when posting messages on walls
    • material requests seem to take longer to go through?
    • game seems to take longer to reload after I put it in the background, and sometimes pictures don't load properly. I've found that it's actually faster to exit the game completely and load it again after the update
    • new 'limited time item' popup (because each additional popup is exponentially more annoying than the previous one)
    • popups appearing after my bakery has loaded. I liked it better when all the popups had to be cleared before entering my bakery. Now I have the annoying things appearing when I'm trying to collect tips & cook. I cooked the wrong recipe the other day because of a popup ambush

And I think this was actually added in a previous update, but I'll mention it anyway... the messages in the news feed showing who responded to parts requests would be a lot more welcome if they were all grouped together at the bottom of the old 'tips' messages rather than all mixed together. I'd like it even better if they automatically disappear after I visit that neighbour or if I could manually delete them like the messages on my wall.

I don't expect all of these to be fixed, though it would be nice if one or two were. I'm just stating my opinion of the new version.

Host(ess)
    After android update I lost my daily bonus coins. Please fix this problem. I didn't get bonus coins since 4 days ago.:-(:-(:-(:-(

Banned
    can you tell us which are limited items? ios doesnt have the mark on them

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetstuff525 View Post
    the current limited item is Candy Dispenser (26 gems)

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetstuff525 View Post
    The OP means the weekly limited time item, a single item each week. Android used to get a text box and the item in the design tab looked like any other so it wasn't as easy to see which item was the limited item. Now we get the image that iOS gets and the item in the design tab has a border around it so we know its a limited item. We didn't get anything that wasn't already available to some others.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    The OP means the weekly limited time item, a single item each week. Android used to get a text box and the item in the design tab looked like any other so it wasn't as easy to see which item was the limited item. Now we get the image that iOS gets and the item in the design tab has a border around it so we know its a limited item. We didn't get anything that wasn't already available to some others.
    Oh thanks for clearing that up ... I though op meant items like world games decorations or recipes that were limited

Host(ess)
    great feedback and I agree with everything... I have two andoid devices because IOS is evil (just an oppinion) and am thankful that TL is giving us goals and all the other things that IOS received. However, my goals stopped. Are the goal limited? Meaning do they only show up occasionally or is a constant. The last goal I completed was cooking the bread heart thingy.
    And in restaurant story, there are items that I can only recxeive if I complete goals.... but the goals aren't on the android verson on rs yet.... so confusing.

Grand Emperor
    Once you finish the "bread heart thingy" goal you should get Jean-Pierre in your decorations tab. That's the end of the goals for now, and the clipboard is removed from the screen.

Host(ess)
    thanks nmishii! =) I have him... just not sure I want him !!

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Thank you for the feedback on the new Android version. Glad to see everyone enjoying some of the new features!

In response to your constructive criticism (which is very much appreciated, by the way!)

1. The game not remembering the recipe and starting from the beginning of the cookbook has been passed on to the team for investigation.
    2. Auto Correct - is anyone else experiencing this being turned off when they write on walls?
    4. Bakery Story is currently experiencing some force closes for some users post-update. This has been reported for investigation.
    5. The change to the pop ups are intended to improve the performance of the game. Instead of loading at the same time, they load one at a time which makes things run more smoothly.
    6. The feedback regarding parts request notifications will be passed on to the team.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast