Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Juice Machine Cost Analysis: this appliance is TOO EXPENSIVE!

Great analysis. I don't buy more than 4 of any new appliance. It seems to be the standard now that the new appliances only have 3 recipes, so 4 appliances is enough. Some of these appliances are too expensive anyway! And I have not, nor will I, buy the appliances that only have one recipe. I am so thankful to the people that post info on the appliance and the recipes it cooks before I make a decision to buy it.
    Last edited by greygull; 09-02-12 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Inappropriate language

I tend to buy only 3-4 of the new appliances too. We all must be geniuses cause we are thinking very similar

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetTreats7777 View Post
    Great analysis. I don't buy more than 4 of any new appliance. It seems to be the standard now that the new appliances only have 3 recipes, so 4 appliances is enough. Some of these appliances are too expensive anyway! And I have not, nor will I, buy the appliances that only have one recipe. I am so thankful to the people that post info on the appliance and the recipes it cooks before I make a decision to buy it.
    TYVM! Glad this helped.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by melby29 View Post
    Revenue = sales. It's an accounting term, and since we are doing a profit analysis, I decided to use accounting terms.

My numbers are the same as yours. I have just grouped them differently.
    Thanks for increasing my vocabulary.

Have u analyzed the Candy Oven?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by rusticjess View Post
    Meh for me it doesn't matter. I have too many coins that I don't even have a use for...like a few million. so an appliance that is 54k or so isn't really gonna make a difference
    Yes, same here. The max I buy for each appliance is 8 (excluding the regular oven and drink machine) so I won't be losing too much money, but I still agree why it has to be this expensive, it's difficult for some players, especially the new ones.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 3squares View Post
    Thanks for increasing my vocabulary.

Have u analyzed the Candy Oven?
    You're welcome

No, I have not done an analysis of the Candy Oven. I generally don't do the analyses, because I figure that I am going to buy no more than about 5 of them anyway.

As a rule, if maximising your profit is the main goal, then the maximum profit will come from having only 1 machine. Of course, that will mean one machine has to be used for 83 bakes for each recipe. The minimum profit (and in some cases, the maximum loss) will come from buying one new machine for each slot that you have. That's just where you have to figure out what your priorities are. "Gems at any cost" players will buy a machine for each slot. "Coins at any cost" will buy one only - or, even buy none and stick to machines where you can cook higher profit-per-serve recipes than what you can get on the new appliances.

BUT - because I like you, I will do a Candy Oven analysis, just for you.

In fact, if the Mods would like to create a sticky thread, I will do an analysis every time there is a new machine (and I can do them retrospectively) to illustrate the maximum and minimum profits for each machine, including the break-even point. If you are unfamiliar with that term, it is the number of machines that you need to have, so that if you buy one more machine, you no longer make a profit.

And all it will cost TL for me to do this, is 5 gems per recipe.

(Just kidding. I am too old to believe in Santa Claus)

Banned
    Oh, and with the analysis, I would do it on the assumption that a player is interested in cooking only enough of each recipe to master them.

Executive Chef
    You don't believe in Santa?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by trace35 View Post
    You don't believe in Santa?
    No.

Maybe that is why I get such creepy Christmas presents?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by melby29 View Post
    No.

Maybe that is why I get such creepy Christmas presents?
    Lol! Creepy! Please elaborate?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast