Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: minimum seats, minimum walking, max profits?

  1. #1

    minimum seats, minimum walking, max profits?

    I read on another post (but of course can't find it now) that you only need a certain amount of seating. I have too many chairs i think, and the post said that the shorter distance customers must walk, the more your profits will be. I have three doors. I have blocked some path ways to the outskirts of my place. This took about two thirds of seating away. I know i could just rotate chairs but this well allow me to calculate easier. Has any one tried this before? Any tips? I'm gonna watch my profits and my smileys and keep moving three blocks closer in until it starts affecting customer smiles.

    Id is haleyms

  2. #2
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by haleyms View Post
    I read on another post (but of course can't find it now) that you only need a certain amount of seating. I have too many chairs i think, and the post said that the shorter distance customers must walk, the more your profits will be. I have three doors. I have blocked some path ways to the outskirts of my place. This took about two thirds of seating away. I know i could just rotate chairs but this well allow me to calculate easier. Has any one tried this before? Any tips? I'm gonna watch my profits and my smileys and keep moving three blocks closer in until it starts affecting customer smiles.

    Id is haleyms
    That is actually right I recently removed some seating in my place

  3. #3
    The seating was a no brainer, but i had never thought about the distance they have to walk. My coins seem to be going up faster even though I'm off work and tipping and cooking a lot. So far so good

  4. #4
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by haleyms View Post
    The seating was a no brainer, but i had never thought about the distance they have to walk. My coins seem to be going up faster even though I'm off work and tipping and cooking a lot. So far so good
    I set my place with 4 doors, 8 seats per door & doubled my earnings. Saw the original idea on post from, I think, groovyruss. Works great.

  5. #5
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    124
    So I have a question......
    If my seatings were place right smack in the middle of the restaurant..
    Would adding extra doors help selling food adding profits?
    I currently have 2 doors thinking of adding another one if it helps,
    Or is there a set certain amount of people coming in and out?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by sinc823 View Post
    So I have a question......
    If my seatings were place right smack in the middle of the restaurant..
    Would adding extra doors help selling food adding profits?
    I currently have 2 doors thinking of adding another one if it helps,
    Or is there a set certain amount of people coming in and out?
    I think adding the doors has more to do with walking distance than getting more customers. I think that blocking off an area with a few seats very close to each door and not giving the customers the option to walk clear across the restaurant to eat is what the post said would maximize profits. I have three doors and have blocked the seats in the outer two thirds to guests. I tried blocking an area for each door but the doors that did not have access to the hostess would get mad and leave. Maybe i will add a hostess stand to each area and see how that works. Let me know if you try it.

    Add haleyms

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    227



    These two designs above are the most effective in my experience, it is like a straight line design, but entrance is placed in the middle to cut the maximum distance to only 6 tiles for double door, and 8 tiles as maximum for single door.

    The time spent in the restaurant is counted by distance of tiles from Entrance to Host Table, to be seated, finally to the Exit.

    I call this as Narrow T Design, (based on the L or T design).
    1. The advantage of placing the door in the middle is to cut the maximum walking distance.
    2. A Narrow T Design also optimised a 4 x 11 matrix without wasting a single emply splace. The L or X design is wasted many empty space if you would put it in a matrix form.


    Now we look into the Host Table location:
    If the seat is on the left of the door, and Host Table on the right of the door, it should be 2 tiles just to be seated.
    Correct? Not exactly, it is partially correct.
    To be exact, it is 1 tile from Entrance to Host table; 7 tiles wait at Host table; then 1 tile to be seated; and finally 1 tile to Exit.

    Notice that (very important):
    - If the host table is placed close to the entrance, the Customers will wait minimum "7 tiles of their walking speed" at/before Host Table before proceed to the seat.
    - If the host table is placed further than 7 tiles away, the Customers will not wait, but will proceed to the Seat directly after Host Table.

    Because of that, Host Counter is placed 4 tiles away from the entrance because in overall is better.

    It add extra 2 tiles distance for the two seats closest to the Entrance, but it saves 3 tiles for the remaining 18 seats.

    it adds (2 tiles x 2 seats) total of 4 tiles for the two seats closest to the Entrance, but
    it saves (3 tiles x 18 seats) total of 58 tiles for 18 seats,
    Total you saved 54 tiles for every 20 customers.

    gives better result for every seats instead of place directly next to the door.

  8. #8

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by kancilkiller View Post



    These two designs above are the most effective in my experience, it is like a straight line design, but entrance is placed in the middle to cut the maximum distance to only 6 tiles for double door, and 8 tiles as maximum for single door.

    The time spent in the restaurant is counted by distance of tiles from Entrance to Host Table, to be seated, finally to the Exit.

    I call this as Narrow T Design, (based on the L or T design).
    1. The advantage of placing the door in the middle is to cut the maximum walking distance.
    2. A Narrow T Design also optimised a 4 x 11 matrix without wasting a single emply splace. The L or X design is wasted many empty space if you would put it in a matrix form.


    Now we look into the Host Table location:
    If the seat is on the left of the door, and Host Table on the right of the door, it should be 2 tiles just to be seated.
    Correct? Not exactly, it is partially correct.
    To be exact, it is 1 tile from Entrance to Host table; 7 tiles wait at Host table; then 1 tile to be seated; and finally 1 tile to Exit.

    Notice that (very important):
    - If the host table is placed close to the entrance, the Customers will wait minimum "7 tiles of their walking speed" at/before Host Table before proceed to the seat.
    - If the host table is placed further than 7 tiles away, the Customers will not wait, but will proceed to the Seat directly after Host Table.

    Because of that, Host Counter is placed 4 tiles away from the entrance because in overall is better.

    It add extra 2 tiles distance for the two seats closest to the Entrance, but it saves 3 tiles for the remaining 18 seats.

    it adds (2 tiles x 2 seats) total of 4 tiles for the two seats closest to the Entrance, but
    it saves (3 tiles x 18 seats) total of 58 tiles for 18 seats,
    Total you saved 54 tiles for every 20 customers.

    gives better result for every seats instead of place directly next to the door.
    OMG. YOU ARE AN RS GENIUS.
    I'M NOT WORTHY. THANKS FOR FINALLY GIVING A GOOD ANSWER.

    HALEY
    ID: haleyms

  9. #9
    This works, I have been earning more per hour from the looks of things. Lower level people should be careful that they don't run out of food, but I think I can keep up at level 18.

  10. #10
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    570
    Waow, I am looking for the exact contrary!! I don't want my food to sell too quickly. With the ridiculous quantities of food we get, my restaurant always gets empty, I never have enough food, so I was thinking: if I have less seats, will the food get sold more slowly? Thanks for your advice!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •