Thread: Just one question about expansions

Just one question about expansions

Is it true that the cost of expansions raises along with our income (meaning how much money we get from collecting habitats)? I've seen one player ask about it about a month ago and I thought that well, it isn't true... But I knew for sure that my expansion costed 250000 for a while, and then one day, it was 300000 (the same expansion... I hadn't done it yet because I was too lazy to gather enough money)! I was really surprised.

The problem is, right now I'm afraid to evolve my dragons because I don't want the expansion costs to get higher.. Has anyone else noticed something like this?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vanillaheaven View Post
    Is it true that the cost of expansions raises along with our income (meaning how much money we get from collecting habitats)? I've seen one player ask about it about a month ago and I thought that well, it isn't true... But I knew for sure that my expansion costed 250000 for a while, and then one day, it was 300000 (the same expansion... I hadn't done it yet because I was too lazy to gather enough money)! I was really surprised.

The problem is, right now I'm afraid to evolve my dragons because I don't want the expansion costs to get higher.. Has anyone else noticed something like this?
    that was probably me asking, since i know i posted a question about that once, and people kept trying to say that it wasn't true, yet i know for a fact i checked the expansion price, saw i didn't have enough coins, waited a few hours, got the coins (and bred a ton of dragons/leveled them up) and when I went to do the expansion it had increased a ton! like, i think it was 30,000 to 90,000 or something ridiculous (at the time, i mean, since it was taking me an entire day to raise that much.. now i can make that much in an hour or two lol)

but i know the prices of expansions in *general* has gone up since the game started, so the list on the main reference thread is inaccurate. But as far as the prices going up depending on your coins per hour (current dragons/levels), i still think its true, but whether it is or I just caught a price hike at an inconvenient time, I dunno...

Executive Chef
    Is this only for DS or for MS too?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shakiba View Post
    Is this only for DS or for MS too?
    my response was for DS... i just started playing MS and so far the expansion prices are the same as listed in the reference thread, so there doesnt' appear to have been a price hike yet, either related to my monsters/levels, or unrelated... i just cleared the 18,000 expansion, which is like the 6th or 7th maybe.

Rhino Keeper
    Not sure if it varies with coin collection. I'm level 37 and my next expansion costs 850,000 coins

Hmm... Well, I guess I'm going to try to be brave and level up a lot of dragons, to see if the expansion price goes up Right now it's 400000... I hope it doesn't go up. Keep your fingers crossed for me