Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: rude, ungrateful neighbors

Host(ess)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 3squares View Post
    I ignore all demanding "add me" requests. Not using "please" makes it a demand.

Right now, I'm barely keeping it at 3 stars. I like your relaxed attitudes, folks. If you want an easy-going, non-demanding neighbor (whose level may drop from time to time), please feel free to add: 3squares
    Amen to that, 3squares!! I believe the word "please" has all but disappeared from our culture. I'm going to send you a neighbor request and you'd better accept it right away or I'm going to hound you hourly. LOL just kidding.

See you on RS!!

Kathy a/k/a Kathy's Cafe

Quote Originally Posted by gb88888 View Post
    If you don't tip - how do you get to see other restaurants? I really like to see what others do with their spaces. Plus - you never make a connection with your neighbors. So - call me "sad" but I prefer tippers and think it is "funner" my way. To each his/her own!!
    First of all, when I said "by people who take tipping "THAT" seriously" above, I meant people who go as far as writing rude messages or threatening people if they do not tip back right away, NOT people who like and prefer tipping. I'm referring to people as described in the first post of this thread

I tipped a lot early on in the game, so I'm pretty familiar with a lot of my neighbors and don't get me wrong, I tip the regulars when I go to see their bakery or when I get a chance; I just don't make it my duty to tip everyone daily (I have 100+ nbers). I still reply on peoples' walls, etc. but tipping is no longer a priority-- if I have time and happen to go to someone's bakery, I'll tip! And believe it or not, a lot of my high level nbers feel the same way. I understand everyone has their own style of playing and this is just one of them.

I def. maintain a connection with my loyal nbers, but I do not feel tipping is worth spending a lot of time on. Though I do find that I always stop by my regulars' bakeries to see which gift they need and conveniently tip them as well (and with just this, I can maintain 3 stars).

The key is finding like-minded neighbors.

I love reading all the different styles of playing. I only keep 25 or so neighbors, just enough to turn my 3 star to a 4 everyday. I am curious as to why someone would just suddenly stop tipping. They still play, clearing tables and cooking and all, but they go down to 0 stars. I check their wall for a reason but nothing is there. I still visit and tip until I feel like a fool. I've seen this happen a lot. Any ideas? And is there a polite way to ask them why?

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithRLand View Post
    I love reading all the different styles of playing. I only keep 25 or so neighbors, just enough to turn my 3 star to a 4 everyday. I am curious as to why someone would just suddenly stop tipping. They still play, clearing tables and cooking and all, but they go down to 0 stars. I check their wall for a reason but nothing is there. I still visit and tip until I feel like a fool. I've seen this happen a lot. Any ideas? And is there a polite way to ask them why?
    You can always ask Maybe something like - Just wanting to make sure you're doing ok, I've noticed your star rating has dropped. You'd be showing concern for their well being, not nagging them about not tipping. Just my thoughts

I have to admit, I'm now one of them. Between real life, family, and the time I spend on the forum, I have no time to tip anymore. I do gift and fill requests daily, but only once in a while can I visit.
    Whenever you are having issues, try these two things first - restart your device,
    and delete and reinstall the app. Your progress is saved on TLs servers.
    Contact me by PM

Farm Supplier
    Then gone ahead and deleted them.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithRLand View Post
    It could be possible that they're having problems accessing the game. I'd go ahead and ask. Because most people including myself would leave a message of we're going to be away for awhile or something. Some even go as far as leaving individual msgs on walls.

Farm Supplier
    I tip almost daily, for my neighbors that aren't 0 stars and do not have rotting food on stoves and ovens. I do not leave messages on the wall. I only do when I have something to say. T, lmkwc, full, etc. is pretty meaningless to me. I have seen walls inundated with such posts, while the poor owner had left a message that says, away or on vacation, or quit! And it gets pushed all the way to the bottom by all these meaningless posts. Once, i had a neighbor that wrote, "no longer playing" and the counters and stoves are all bare, and still these t, lmknwc, full messages kept coming!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by luludarby View Post
    Question? Why do some get offended by getting brownies? I thought quantity was better, no?
    Brownies are the worst gift one can receive/give, in my humble opinion. They take 1 minute to cook and sell for $1. Since we only get to receive 20 gifts a day, does this seem like a valuable gift to you? It certainly doesn't seem to be valuable to me.

As a food to cook, brownies aren't that bad. I could spend an hour each day chain-baking them (at a 60 brownies per hour rate) and net a cool $4,800 once they sell - all for an hour's worth of work. But receiving them as gifts, especially from high-level players who should know better, is a bit perplexing/annoying. I don't go as far as deleting neighbors over this offense, though. That seems a bit much.

-lp

I had encountered one demanding neighbor before. She will post her material request on my wall daily. So been a nice and helpful neighbor, I will always mass gift materials to most of my neighbors except those who had requested on my wall. After that, I will send the material to those who had requested after checking my wall. The weird thing was that out of the sudden, she deleted me away. No reason or what and I also can't be bother. FYI, she's a level 9x player. Not a low level player. Though I'm very glad that she deleted me away. I just can't stand those super demanding neighbor! <_<

Playing BS or other story games should be a fun and relaxing game. Not a stressful game. We already have enough in our real life. My ways of playing is very simple. Cook recipes, return tips daily to my neighbors/non-neighbor, send gifts and accept request. Sometime, I do find the goals quite stressful. It used to be so fun and relaxing playing BS. But not now anymore. =(

New Resident
    I used to get neighbors like that, they were gone quickly, either through my removing them or by them removing me after no response. Either way it worked itself out.

I used to get annoyed about the star level of the player and the frequency of tipping/gifting but then something clicked in my head and I started thinking why am I getting so stressed over a "casual game"?? It's a game. Having said that, I have a small OCD issue which kind of keeps me working the counters. I came to the realization that if a neighbor tips and gifts, great. If not, no big deal, it's not real money. We all have lives. We all have priorities. If I gift, I will do it regardless the person gifts me. Same with tipping. Sometimes people need the body count to expand, fine, I don't care. I accept all neighbor requests, regardless of their star level, I won't delete even if there is no activity on the neighbor's part. If they want to delete me, fine. Once I started to take on that attitude, the game and the neighbors no longer annoyed me. I almost have 100 neighbors and I no longer see rude messages on my wall. It's worked out pretty well, I work the counters and tip from time to time. My neighbors are gracious (those that still play and post on the wall, that is) and I try to respond to each that posts.

Between a full time job, an 8 yr old and a 2 yr old, real life, and working the appliances, I don't really have time for tipping and gifting on a regular basis. When I do I tend to go through the entire list of neighbors for tipping which at times could take a while, since a 2 yr old can be very demanding. Nowadays, I pretty much gift to those who gift to me. I send them what they send me. If I need something I will ask for the materials, similarly if anyone requests something I will always send it.

If you come across my place and want a neighbor that will pop in from time to time, feel free to add: gabicus. I won't see me often but I won't be rude, that's for sure.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast