Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: rude, ungrateful neighbors

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3squares View Post
    Been playing this game about 14 months. I have about 130 neighbors. I just recently started playing BS.

I usually tip from my wall. I just don't have the time to tip all of my neighbors every day. If I have the time, I will browse through my neighbor list and randomly tip people.

It usually takes me a long time to remove people, even if they have zero stars. I figure what the heck, maybe they're taking a break or whatever. I do have zero star neighbors who send me gifts. They are quick on the draw!

I ignore all demanding "add me" requests. Not using "please" makes it a demand.

I can't keep track of what each neighbor wants. What am I, a mind reader? If you post what you need on my wall, or send a request from inside the box, I will send it to you. Otherwise, I send Stew to lower level players, and a generic, regular part to everyone else. Lately I've been sending Stew to all: the quantities on the new recipes have devastated my buffet!

Right now, I'm barely keeping it at 3 stars. I like your relaxed attitudes, folks. If you want an easy-going, non-demanding neighbor (whose level may drop from time to time), please feel free to add: 3squares
    I thought maybe I just read to much into it when someone just post add me without adding plz. I was having conversations with myself wondering if I was over thinkin it. I don't think I am, I always use plz and thank u. I mean it can't jus be bcuz I'm an adult, that I just happen to have manners (sarcasm).. I just don't understand it. I'll add u 3squares on both b & r! I'm goin to do it right now��

Executive Chef
    Some of the worst neighbours I've had have been three and four star neighbours. So I've never really let star count bother me. When i say 'worst neighbours' i mean a level 96 gifting me a level 60+/70+ brownies, thats just silly so bye, bye to them. I try to be a good nbr, gift/tip/water daily unless I'm away or really busy in which case I will continue to gift and accept material requests daily but I might not get to water/tip you. I also post on my wall if I've got something going on to let my neighbours know. I keep low neighbour numbers, I want to enjoy the games not get stressed out about not been able to get to everyone. In farm I'm a four star with 45 neighbours, all active and all great neighbours. Farm is so easy going, I love it. In bakery I'm a 3 star with 37 neighbours, of which 23 are active (I keep the other non active ones because I'm not done expanding yet) again all great neighbours. I like that some post on their wall what they need, parts or food. It makes it easier for me, I'm usually good at gifting what it is they need. I post on my wall that I like parts and for the most part that is what I get, if I get food that's okay too, although I do say I dont need food, I'm not deleting anyone because of it (except level 96er's and the brownie thing, thats just odd to me, stew/roast chicken or cappuccino are fine but brownies...no) I've only deleted two people i think and have never posted anything silly on their wall. I just delete and move on. I don't expect every person to gift me exactly what I need, I appreciate the effort more than the gift. In restaurant I'm a 3 star with 29 neighbours of which 16 are active, (not fully expanded here so again keep some non active players for that reason) great neighbours here too, no demanding anything. Again some post on their wall what it is they need but I like that, they get what they need and I get to help out I'm in no rush to reach the highest level in these games, so I'm not looking to build ten ovens in two days, if it takes two weeks so be it. My neighbours are all good people who seem to enjoy the games they play. I guess what I'm saying is, try to find people that play the way you do and don't be quick to add just anyone, take your time and build your neighbour list up slowly. I think it helps weed out the 'crazies'...lol. Just my opinion and I've managed to avoid having a neighbour go off the rails with me. So happy farming/cooking to all you relaxed players and a thank you to my very much appreciated and sane neighbours

Rhino Keeper
    Ugh!! I do not add those rude people.

Rhino Keeper
    I recently deleted a neighbor who I added not very long ago. I post "��Please lmk on my wall which you prefer for your daily gift - stew or classic parts. thanks!!! ������" to all my nghbrs so I can know their preference this way I know everyone is getting whT they want and it's easier than fulfilling specific parts w a list of over 100 nghbrs. Went to her wall, not only was she full all th time and not posting, she never bothered to answer my q which I think is pretty rude. Anyhow, I tell her it was nice being nghbrs but I was removing. Funny thing is after I delete her she finally comes to post on my wall "thanks or deleting me" lol yet she couldn't be bothered to answer me.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseMeyer View Post
    Life is too short, these guys get deleted at the first offence.

I dont even think about it.
    Me too! I done even argue or write them back. They get demanding I just delete and go on about my day. I put a �� for full the other day so neighbors can let me know when cleared and one neighbor posted "do u put �� on everybody's wall?" I only put that on if they are full. This is a game, but some people are so high strung. It's usually the younger ones.
    Last edited by greygull; 08-21-12 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Inappropriate language

New Resident
    Question? Why do some get offended by getting brownies? I thought quantity was better, no?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by luludarby View Post
    Question? Why do some get offended by getting brownies? I thought quantity was better, no?
    It's not the quantity but the value of cash of profits from brownie. Cappuccino in the other hand can sold for more cash, I think 4 coins each? If I remember correctly.

I'm ashamed that i stooped to that level. You guys enjoy my thread. Once again, I've let a cray cray player tick me off again. Lol. Goodnight.

Kinda sad how some people take tipping THAT seriously.... I don't do tipping and it is so much funner this way. And I have similar neighbors so all we do is gift each other, answer requests

But then again, I'm really picky when choosing neighbors so I guess it pays off in a way.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by luludarby View Post
    Quantity only matters if you can't keep food on the counters.

In RS, you can gift 200 french toast at 1 coin each. You can also gift 50 roast chicken at 8 coins each. French toast takes 200 bots to collect 200 coins. Roast chicken takes 50 bots to collect 400 coins. The yield from 400 french toast is the same as the yield from 50 roast chicken.

I have 26 appliances and can make more food than the bots can consume every day. Would you think that I'd prefer gifts that take 400 bots or 50 bots to collect the same 400 coins. Right, it takes 8 times as long to collect 400 coins from french toast, as it does to collect 400 coins from roast chicken.

That's the why behind the way some people react to foods that have low coin value.

Personally, I don't get upset with low coin value gifts, but the only reason that I cook a food that doesn't yield 4 coins, or more, is to get the 2 gems for mastering the recipe. It's all about the time it takes, because the bots are the primary limited quantity in the game. When you max out in bots, it becomes about the value of the food they are consuming.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast