Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: rude, ungrateful neighbors

New Resident
    Recently I changed my gift preferences and I went to every single neighbours' wall to specify that I want parts from now on. I also asked them nicely to write their gift preferences on my wall so I could gift thrm separately before I mass gift. I already play like that with some of my neighbours and we help each other very much, so I tried to make a strong base with the others on my list. Some of them replied, some of them not.
    So one day a new person adds me. I wrote on their wall my gift preferences and I asked them to tell me theirs. No response, buy I receive from this person a frech toast gift. First time I let that go, maybe it was an one time only thing. The second day I receive another french toast gift, along with a message of her gift preferences on my wall. She wanted food. I go on her's, specify a second time that I only want parts, but yet again and again I receive friench toast from her. For a third time I asked her to be a good neighbour and send parts as gifts, doesn't matter what, just to be parts. She said she will remember that from now on, but she has so many neighbours to please! Do you guess what she sent me the next day? French toast, go figure. I declined the gift and moved on, I realized that my job there is done. But today I went on my news feed, to tip the neighbours and when I went to her restaurant, I noticed she deleted me.

Don't get me wrong, I ALWAYS respond to request, never declined one, I tip daily, I also gift every day and I keep matters of everyone's preferences; when it comes to food, I'm sending only 4 coins dishes. Meaning I only sent this person stew, roast chicken and bacon and eggs.

Maybe I'm over reacting, she was not being rude in the truest form, but I expect neighbours to actually consider other people's opinion.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sabbine View Post
    Maybe I'm over reacting, she was not being rude in the truest form, but I expect neighbours to actually consider other people's opinion.
    I think the real point of this thread is that sometimes someone does something annoying and for me it's a lot easier to get over it, even if it wasn't the rudest behavior ever, after i've complained. everyone needs validation!

but just think of the time she saved you by deleting you instead of making you delete her.
    Last edited by twospoons; 10-20-15 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sabbine View Post
    Recently I changed my gift preferences and I went to every single neighbours' wall to specify that I want parts from now on. I also asked them nicely to write their gift preferences on my wall so I could gift thrm separately before I mass gift. I already play like that with some of my neighbours and we help each other very much, so I tried to make a strong base with the others on my list. Some of them replied, some of them not.
    So one day a new person adds me. I wrote on their wall my gift preferences and I asked them to tell me theirs. No response, buy I receive from this person a frech toast gift. First time I let that go, maybe it was an one time only thing. The second day I receive another french toast gift, along with a message of her gift preferences on my wall. She wanted food. I go on her's, specify a second time that I only want parts, but yet again and again I receive friench toast from her. For a third time I asked her to be a good neighbour and send parts as gifts, doesn't matter what, just to be parts. She said she will remember that from now on, but she has so many neighbours to please! Do you guess what she sent me the next day? French toast, go figure. I declined the gift and moved on, I realized that my job there is done. But today I went on my news feed, to tip the neighbours and when I went to her restaurant, I noticed she deleted me.

Don't get me wrong, I ALWAYS respond to request, never declined one, I tip daily, I also gift every day and I keep matters of everyone's preferences; when it comes to food, I'm sending only 4 coins dishes. Meaning I only sent this person stew, roast chicken and bacon and eggs.

I've gotten a few new nbrs recently and can't believe a Level 99 player would send me those horrible Valentine cupcakes! After the 2nd time I just started declining them. After the 3rd or 4th time, she has not sent any gifts at all....lol. I never wrote anything on her wall so don't know if she's figured it out since I'm not returning them
    Last edited by meme1098; 09-23-15 at 04:43 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Lol I'm a bad lazy neighbor....but I figure I have so many neighbors, (but can't even built one stove,let alone 2 )But I give little tips cause well I play tons of games and don't have time to go in and tip everyone (wish there was a mass tip option....) Heck I dont even gift my second account lol....But I never write on walls or even look at mine, that said I do gift and I only gift parts, it doesn't bother me to get food since I don't play as much and could use it to keep the people happy till I make something but I don't see the point in anything other then stew... But I also fill the requests for parts as well. ...but once in a while I'll go on and tip them all.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    I think the real point of this thread is that sometimes someone does annoying and for me it's a lot easier to get over it, even if it wasn't the rudest behavior ever, after i've complained. everyone needs validation!

but just think of the time she saved you by deleting you instead of making you delete her.
    I totally agree with all of this. I also think that in general, players would save themselves a lot of trouble (probably myself included) if they just immediately deleted neighbors once they realize that the neighbor's gameplay is not compatible. It's not like these are important relationships that we need to foster that we're talking about here. Just delete the person and move on. Gajillions of people play these games. More compatible neighbors will come along.

It's funny. Sometimes people come in here and post about how they ask to be sent certain gifts and they honor their neighbors' requests for specific gifts, and it's frustrating when new neighbors refuse to reciprocate.

Other people come in here and post about how they have a neighbor who insists on being sent a specific gift, and it's frustrating because "ain't nobody got time for that."

Sometimes I wonder if people are literally posting about each other.

Oh! GOOD THAT U DELETED THEM OR ELSE SOME OF THE NEIGHBOURS EVEN BULLY...... ONE OF MY FRIEND WAS BULLIED...:-(:-(:-(:-(

New Resident
    I used to delete neighbours who didn't gift, tip or answer request and who were just sending me requests when they were building a new appliance or on goal times. But I like a strong neighbour base, ones who understand my game style. I started with 80 neighbours and I deleted until 35, just so I could keep track on everyone's style and preferences. I have few neighbours, therefore I would like for them to pay attention. I wouldn't have probably if I was playing in a more relaxed way. But this game is so addictive, lol 😀

Farm Supplier
    Last week I had a newly added nbr who had asked for certain parts on her wall. So I gifted those parts to her for the next few days. But suddenly got a rude capitalised msg on my wall asking why/telling me off for sending her these parts and to quit sending them!!! I was really shocked, so quickly went on her wall and said coz she had written on her wall that she wanted those parts - that's why!! And that I was going to remove her for being so rude. No apology from her whatsoever! I just shrugged it off lol. As no point in getting upset by people like that.

Lol, I pmsl at some of the posts on here. But also shook my head a lot at the audacity of them. I am on RS & BS and really enjoy both games. But with work and looking after my 3 kids I really don't have time to t&g daily. I've found it stressful trying to keep up with all the ngbrs who t&g me daily (coz I feel bad if I don't t&g back). So I decided enough was enough and wrote on my wall telling nbrs to feel free to delete me as I couldn't t&g daily due to family/work. So far no one has deleted me - amazingballs! lol

Pls only add youki388 if you want a nbr who does NOT tip, (nor needs tipping herself), and actions all parts requests daily. Although I am a 4 star tipper I will be declining to a 0/1 star very soon as I have decided not to tip anymore (starting from today) as I really don't think tipping is important - finding good/nice nbrs who respect nbrs that don't tip are what's important. And of coz nbrs who are relaxed enough to enjoy playing the game.

Rhino Keeper
    I am shocked at all, the narcissism. This is truly a window into the reality of what society has become. This game was meant to be played WITH people. It was designed as a team game. The cop out, "its just a game," has been used and abused. Yes! It's just a game...and I'm playing it, so I'd like the neighbor's who asked to play with me, to play too. We have a lot of ovens that have to be built all the time. Parts can't be baked, they must be acquired thru your neighbor's. If neighbor's can't or won't work with you to get you the right part, then why have neighbor's at all?

If we owned a bakery and we ordered icing, from a contractor, so we could put icing on our cakes, and instead of icing, they sent us sprinkles, not only would we not be able to fill our customers orders due to the lack of consideration on the contractors part, but if they refused to send what you needed, I'd bet you'd fire them.
    Also, integrity and honor go a long way. If you hire a person to help at your store and they decide that they don't have time to show up when they are scheduled, I'd bet you'd fire them too.

And this is something to chew on.

When players talk about how busy they are and that they don't have time to visit every day, and/or tip, it's really quite selfish. You are able to receive 20 gifts a day, if the other neighbor's aren't able to gift, and they don't tip "cuz they don't have time," then what good are they? So they are reaping all the befits of receiving gifts and tips but they don't have time to give the same respect to the neighbor's that just gave 30 minutes or more of their day to help them?

Honestly, I don't see why some people even have neighbor's. After all, you do have tones of recipes on the basic stoves and ovens that they give you. You actually have enough to keep you busy for months without needing a neighbor at all. Maybe some folks should try playing without neighbor's.

It's not that we are ungrateful when we get "petty" over gifts, it's that we've been trying to build that Cyder Press for three days but can't get anyone to send back a request or send that part we asked politely for. *shakes head*

Executive Chef
    I think the best thing to do then is to find neighbors who feel the same about the game as you do and delete the one's who don't.

There are plenty of players who feel tipping is important, there are plenty of players who feel it is not. There are some players who feel it is important to gift neighbors exactly what they want and there are plenty who gift whatever. There are some who gift daily and there are some who only gift during goals and new ovens.

I have deleted people whose style of play doesn't match mine and I'm sure people have deleted me. I'm fine with that.

In the end it is just a game, no one here is depending on their living by how well their bs or rs does.

If it stresses you out by having neighbors who don't take the game serious enough delete them and find others who do.
    If it stresses you out by having neighbors who take the game too serious then delete them and find neighbors who also don't take it as serious.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast