Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: rude, ungrateful neighbors

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by gabicus View Post
    I used to get neighbors like that, they were gone quickly, either through my removing them or by them removing me after no response. Either way it worked itself out.

I used to get annoyed about the star level of the player and the frequency of tipping/gifting but then something clicked in my head and I started thinking why am I getting so stressed over a "casual game"?? It's a game. Having said that, I have a small OCD issue which kind of keeps me working the counters. I came to the realization that if a neighbor tips and gifts, great. If not, no big deal, it's not real money. We all have lives. We all have priorities. If I gift, I will do it regardless the person gifts me. Same with tipping. Sometimes people need the body count to expand, fine, I don't care. I accept all neighbor requests, regardless of their star level, I won't delete even if there is no activity on the neighbor's part. If they want to delete me, fine. Once I started to take on that attitude, the game and the neighbors no longer annoyed me. I almost have 100 neighbors and I no longer see rude messages on my wall. It's worked out pretty well, I work the counters and tip from time to time. My neighbors are gracious (those that still play and post on the wall, that is) and I try to respond to each that posts.

Between a full time job, an 8 yr old and a 2 yr old, real life, and working the appliances, I don't really have time for tipping and gifting on a regular basis. When I do I tend to go through the entire list of neighbors for tipping which at times could take a while, since a 2 yr old can be very demanding. Nowadays, I pretty much gift to those who gift to me. I send them what they send me. If I need something I will ask for the materials, similarly if anyone requests something I will always send it.

If you come across my place and want a neighbor that will pop in from time to time, feel free to add: gabicus. I won't see me often but I won't be rude, that's for sure.
    I like your attitude and wish more people approached the games like you.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggles2288 View Post
    You do realize that 4x50 is the same as 200x1. The cappacino would just sell a little faster.
    You do realize that it takes 4 times as long to get 200 bots through the door, compared to 50. That's not just a little faster.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDede View Post
    You do realize that it takes 4 times as long to get 200 bots through the door, compared to 50. That's not just a little faster.
    You realize it is a GAME and this is a thread about rude ungrateful neighbors and people in this thread are getting nit picky about a FREE GIFT of FAKE brownies. For the record, I gift parts, but I also don't deleate someone over brownies.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by yorba View Post
    I've noticed that too. whats the point of visiting a wall without bothering to read it? I love the 'add me' post right above the 'im not accepting new neighbors' post. When I see that tho I post something like.... ******I saw your post about being on vacation. Hope you're having a nice time******
    I used to have two posts on my wall - one in ALL CAPS telling everyone not to post on my wall, then the second post showing my ID so people could add me. I admit it's quite rude, but it does get the point across... still, some people just don't get the memo and will continue posting.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by haleyms View Post
    Ok. So i get a post on my wall from a neighbor. Happens all the time. This one says "tipped, tip back" . A little demanding but i decided she must really need some tips. I visit her place and re tip. Don't usually do a lot of posting when tipping (i have just enough time to tip my the and four star neighbors since i work a full time job and have an 8 yr old) i notice two posts/warnings by the owner of the restaurant. "i only accept 3 & 4 star tippers as neighbors" no biggie, I have the same philosophy. the other warning ticked me off for some reason. It read "if i tip you and you don't tip me back, i will delete you" . Did i over react when i posted a short note about being grateful for the tips you receive and how we sometimes can do nice things without getting immediate gratification before happily deleting the ungrateful hussy? I have a life. I gift every one of my 300 neighbors immediately upon waking. I tip my three and four star friends always throughout the day and get to the two stars if i can. I just had to vent

Add HALEYMS if you want a good neighbor that also has a home in the real world.
    Honestly, I don't think it's rude. This player has a particular game style and prefers like minded neighbors. The tone of the post can come across as a little sharp but the message is no different from someone who only prefers neighbors with 3 or 4 stars rating.

It's just a preference. Some people prefer food, some prefer parts and others want their neighbors to tip back. What's the big deal? I think we all want to play with like minded neighbors. Otherwise why have them on your list? If anyone reads a message on a wall and still request an invite to be neighbors, only to be offended later by the same message on that wall is no fault to the player who posted the message. Simply remove the person if you don't like their style of game play.

I like to have a smaller list of neighbors who prefer parts. I wouldn't think twice if someone removed me as their neighbor nor do I want them to be offended if I remove them because they prefer food and never send parts. If we don't play the game in similar ways, we shouldn't be neighbors.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetstuff525 View Post
    I got one message the other day....

..tip 1 ... Tip me back to get the rest

I was laughing
    I read this post some time ago and can't stop laughing. I would consider that post rude but still funny lol.

Quote Originally Posted by iSleepyPanda View Post
    Honestly, I don't think it's rude. This player has a particular game style and prefers like minded neighbors. The tone of the post can come across as a little sharp but the message is no different from someone who only prefers neighbors with 3 or 4 stars rating.

It's just a preference. Some people prefer food, some prefer parts and others want their neighbors to tip back. What's the big deal? I think we all want to play with like minded neighbors. Otherwise why have them on your list? If anyone reads a message on a wall and still request an invite to be neighbors, only to be offended later by the same message on that wall is no fault to the player who posted the message. Simply remove the person if you don't like their style of game play.

I like to have a smaller list of neighbors who prefer parts. I wouldn't think twice if someone removed me as their neighbor nor do I want them to be offended if I remove them because they prefer food and never send parts. If we don't play the game in similar ways, we shouldn't be neighbors.
    Thanks for sharing. When i started this thread i was venting. That's what the thread is for. It's not a "best practices" thread where we share what great tippers and gifters we are. This is a thread for us laid back gamers to vent and poke a little fun about people whom we feel take this game a wee bit too seriously. It's funny! Moving right along now......who's got a "demanding neighbor " quote to share? Just like you want like-minded neighbors, posters on this thread should maybe be like-minded too. Otherwise it's just a big old "I'm right , no I'm right" argument. And that's no fun. If a few demanding neighbors have read this thread and realized how icky it is to have "tip back or face the wrath of my delete button" posted on your wall then great, if not who cares, I'll just keep laughing and deleting. muah!

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by haleyms View Post
    Thanks for sharing. When i started this thread i was venting. That's what the thread is for. It's not a "best practices" thread where we share what great tippers and gifters we are. This is a thread for us laid back gamers to vent and poke a little fun about people whom we feel take this game a wee bit too seriously. It's funny! Moving right along now......who's got a "demanding neighbor " quote to share? Just like you want like-minded neighbors, posters on this thread should maybe be like-minded too. Otherwise it's just a big old "I'm right , no I'm right" argument. And that's no fun. If a few demanding neighbors have read this thread and realized how icky it is to have "tip back or face the wrath of my delete button" posted on your wall then great, if not who cares, I'll just keep laughing and deleting. muah!
    Omg this reminds me of something that happened to sourlicorice. I'll get the picture.

Grand Emperor
    This was posted ONE DAY after an invite was sent. The picture belongs to sourlicorice.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    This was posted ONE DAY after an invite was sent. The picture belongs to sourlicorice.

Omg. Hilarious! Some people have to get control wherever they can. Sad.......yet funny.

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast