Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daily Gross Profit

My "problem" is that I want to build a town that looks nice. I want to keep those basic apartments, I want to have areas that are not so fancy and then again areas that are more business, more posh, more green... Now it seems like I can't afford to have anything but buildings that serve more grand plan that just building a town that looks balanced and pretty you capitalists!
    Last edited by greygull; 08-28-12 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Inappropriate language

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Smalls2019 View Post
    I did want to note that you all keep talking about $$$ per click but that is not the only thing you need to take into consideration. Another is ROI. And the ROI on the mansion and glass tower are horrible. For instance, the mansion costs $13,300 and gives you back $230 per click every 24 hours. At that rate you need to click 58 times to get your initial investment of $13,300 back. That means that you have to wait almost 2 months for that building to turn a profit. The glass tower is not much better at 50 days.

LIke benbever said a few posts up, if you want to make money in this game you need to use either the skyview restaurant (which depending on your cost of goods the payback time is only 31 clicks - businesses have to be measured in clicks instead of actual days due to the short collection time frame and the issue with not being able to supply them with goods constantly), or the corporate tower which is instant profit since it costs gems. You can do a pretty good job of supplying 2 skyview restaurants using 5 idea factories (180 goods every 2 hours with the latest changes) and 1 non-crippled greenhouse (40 goods in 3 minutes). You have no hope of keeping them going 24/7 so your going to have to deal with some floating boxes on your restaurant at times.
    ROI only matters a bit at the beginning. Later on in the game you get a lot of income, and you can build stuff with that. If you build a condo highrise, then the ROI is very good (you can collect 90 every half hour and earn back the building in a few days.) If you build ten of them then the ROI is still good. But if you build 20 or 30 of them, then you can't click them because of energy limit. You get 10 energy clicks in 30 minutes, so you can click a max of 10 condo highrises with that. If you save up your clicks to the cap of 30, then you can click 30 condo highrises, never more. If you build your 55th condo highrise, then the practical ROI will be 0; you can never collect from it.
    The glass tower is a long term investment, but by collecting from that you get 210 coins instead of 90. The net profit is 120 more coins. It will take longer than 2 months for the glass tower to earn itself back, but long-term it's better than the condo highrise (NB if you already have enough condo highrises.) You can either spend your money on expansions or on decoration, but the only thing that nets you extra profit (when industry-business is maxed and there are always condo highrises to click) are homes better than condo highrise.
    The mansion is indeed pretty horrible, it takes up 4 squares instead of 1, and gives only 20 more coins in 1.5 times the time. It does look cool though.

With the industry giving out roughly double goods now, two skyviews is a good idea. I use 6 idea factories for 6x180 goods in 2 hours.
    The 40 goods in 3 minutes greenhouse is still not worth it. You can turn the 40 goods into 128 money (3.21 skyview ratio.) Minus 20 that's 108 money. Divided by 1.29 (you click the greenhouse 7 times and the skyview 2 times) that's 83.7 money per click. The condo highrise gives 90 per click, and so does the victorian house.
    If you use multiple corporate towers instead of skyview restaurant, then it's 146 money (3.46 corporate ratio) minus 20 (126) and divided by 1.36 then that's 92.4 money per click. Still not worth the trouble of clicking every 3 minutes instead of once or twice an hour.

Rhino Keeper
    With the updated industry, I can make double the amount of goods in the same time. That means in 4 hours profit from businesses is doubled. Since industry to business is the money machine in this game, the (around) 14 clicks lost on extra clicking on industry instead of homes doesn't matter much. Businesses now give around $7000 in 4 hours instead of around $3500. The 14 clicks lost on homes would have given 14x90=1260 money. That means over 2200 more profit in 4 hours.
    I now make (with increased number of glass towers, fancy condos, operas and windmills in my city) around $13100 in 4 hours.
    That's almost 40000 in 12 hours (daily.)

I make right around $12,400 in 4 hours using my method of just businesses (and my community buildings for the chance at bonus energy) and adding in a 4-5 clicks per hour for the 40 goods option (I also have a donut shop that I bought early and feed every so often because of the ridiculous goods to profit ratio). It is about $700 less per 4 hours than yours but I did not have to invest all the up front money for the cool buildings.

So really what it boils down to is your goals. If your looking for long term gain (and short term good looks of your city) then the glass towers/windmills/etc. are the way to go. If your looking to save as much as you can for the short term then stick with the businesses.

Expansion will really **** your profits as well. My last 2 expansions had a lake and a cliff....that's 32 clicks just to clear. What a pain!!!

Farm Supplier
    I checked my earnings over a regular 24 hour period.... Hit 65000, made 4 new glass buildings with 3k odd change.
    What are the heavy hitters averaging??

Rhino Keeper
    My last two expansions both had a lake to clear..

I make about 34k to 66k a day, depending on how often I check in and don't let the energy go to waste.
    I use the idea factories to feed the corporate towers and skyview restaurants (that's a bit over 200 per energy click.)
    With the other energy I collect from the glass towers (I have 120 glass towers.)
    If there's energy left over (usually only after 8 or more hours after start of day) I use that on the wind parcs. They give 110 but with a good chance for extra energy. I also click daily on the haunted castle, haunted liberty, opera, mansions etc but I don't have many of those.

Rhino Keeper
    I can earn $100,000 per day on average. The other day (I played all day) I earned about $130,000.

As bebbever rightly pointed out, Corporate Towers are Boss. For newer players I cound the Bike Shops and Cinemas were the best value for money / enery.

I only collect when sparkling (as it all adds up) so spend a lot of time visiting / posting on other walls to get people visiting my City!

Speaking of which - feel free to add me: threeway5

Rhino Keeper
    oh, and benbever also rightly pointed out, Department Stores have a terrible goods:money ratio. They are only in my City for sho

Rhino Keeper
    Mine is also just for show

Visiting and wall posting is great, but it takes a lot of time. I can't do it every day.

Rhino Keeper
    I should probably clarify that averaging $100,000 is only possible with purchased goods.

I max out my Idea Factories as much as I can, but my Corporate Towers suck up the goods so quickly (I currently have 12 of them) I usually purchase 3,500 goods 1 - 3 times per day for 20 Gems a hit.

If anyone ever makes an ingame purchase of Gems - only ever spend it on Goods! Exchanging Gems for Money or Energy is the biggest waste of Gems.

I am planning for the long term by investing in more Glass Towers (as they don't require any goods) and Community (as they can give Bonus energy).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast