Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gifting & Tipping Best Practices

Host(ess)

Gifting & Tipping Best Practices

Hi everyone! My name is Bee. I recently started a few best practices when it comes to gifting and tipping. I know that not every neighbor is a good fit for this, but it is my hope that I can acquire a neighbor list that mirrors what I've started to do.

Gifting
    Before accepting or declining a gift, I go to my neighbor's restaurant, TIP them and then take a look around. If they have an unfinished, constructible appliance or item on their floor, I check their wall to see if they have a particular preference and them gift accordingly. If they don't have an unfinished appliance, I visit their Wall to see if they have a gift preference. If they do, I gift them that item. If they don't, I gift them a part that can be used on several current appliances. It is usually a part for the Easy Oven, Easy Stove and Easy Grill. My "go to" parts are Gear and Paint. If a player is fairly new and haven't accumulated a lot of appliances, I may gift other parts to other appliances that are still in circulation.

Double Gifting
    When I receive a gift request, I take note of what my neighbor wants before visiting their restaurant. When I get to their restaurant, I TIP them first. The second step is gifting. I either gift them what they requested on the Materials Request OR I gift them an accompanying part for that appliance/item OR for another constructible appliance/item they may have on their floor.

I then return to the Materials Request and hit Accept. This way, I've gifted them twice and tipped them.
    I LOVE THIS AND HOPE THAT OTHERS JOIN ME IN DOING THIS.

Tipping
    I always return tips from neighbors and community members if I see it on my News Feed or they posted on my Wall.

Declining Food Gifts
    I decline EVERY food gift. I may also decline a part that I don't need. If I receive a food gift, I follow my usual gifting best practice. In addition to that, I write a very nice note on my neighbor's wall like this: "Hi! I really appreciate your gifts, but please send parts instead of food. Thanks! "

If I receive another food gift from that neighbor, I delete them. While I appreciate gifters and don't actually like deleting them, I've had to do this in recent days. Because we can only receive 20 direct gifts, I'd like those slots to be for things I actually need. If I can't get to my game to clear out these unwanted gifts, I may miss out on a part gift from another neighbor. I've had this happen enough times to finally take action.

Gifting All Neighbors
    After I've maxed out on receiving my 20 direct gifts, I go to my Neighbor List and send a general gift to everyone on my list. Again, this is either a part for a new appliance or one of the "go to" parts.

Tipping All Neighbors
    It is very time consuming to tip every table of 200 or more neighbors. This is especially true since most of them are at 0 stars. LoL So...at the end of every other day, I go through my Neighbor List and tip those that have at least 1 star.

Writing on My Neighbor's Walls
    I don't typically leave a message on my neighbor's walls to let them know that I stopped by. I only use this to communicate a specific message, return the favor of a very nice post on my wall or if we happen to strike up a conversation.

Writing on My Wall
    If I have a gift preference, I may write it on my wall for inquiring neighbors.

If you are interested in a neighbor like me, my Storm8ID is RedGirl220. I use the same best practices on Bakery Story...and on Nightclub Story as it applies. Have a great day! Ciao!

Rhino Keeper
    I'm interesting in your practices. After reading over and over again, you kinda put my thoughts out there of what I looking for a new neighbor! I decline food and accepting tools, well some neighbor aren't reading my wall much so I just said to them that any tools would be great for me.

I don't remember If you already my neighbor but add me, I play both RS and BS active.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by PloyM View Post
    I'm interesting in your practices. After reading over and over again, you kinda put my thoughts out there of what I looking for a new neighbor! I decline food and accepting tools, well some neighbor aren't reading my wall much so I just said to them that any tools would be great for me.

I don't remember If you already my neighbor but add me, I play both RS and BS active.
    I'm glad this is interesting Ploy! We are neighbors on RS...I'm Chicago Red. :-) I'll add you on BS...I'm Sweet Eats on there.

Rhino Keeper
    Ooh no wonder why your ID sound familiar, oh hey!

Thanks! Great post. I do the same so good to know what you do. I have just started these games. Less than 2 weeks ago. I have been accepting food and thought that was best gift. I didn't know about the slots. I accept foo, then immediately use it. I haven't built up the inventory yet. Just learning. Thank you for sharing the tips as I want my neighbours to be happy. I try to check their walls and watch my wall to see what they like. Some do ask for food. If they request something, I do gift that. I wan't sure if requests counted as gift but glad to hear that I can gift and fill request. Intry to fill ASAP as I know how frustrating it is waiting.

Thanks so much.

Kadee

Rhino Keeper
    Hi Bee.

Everyone has their own way of tipping and gifting, and what you chose to do depends upon what is important to you, so there is no best I worst way.

For me, visiting and tipping my neighbors is important cause I develop relationships with them. I keep my neighbors list small so tht I can tip each one of them nearly every day. having a lot if nghbrs is kind of pointless to me because of the 20 gift max anyway.

Gifting isn't that important to me....I ask my nghbrs if they prefer parts or food as I don't have the time to individually tip everyone different things. If they want special items then they can request them.

I expect my nghbrs to post when they tip. That way I know for sure that they tip as I don't check the news feed. I post when I do. If ppl don't post within a week, I delete. unless they are good friends I keep a list to keep track as this makes it easier for me.

Executive Chef
    I tip everyone who has gifted me, written on my wall, or appears in my news feed. I find by doing that I'm tipping those who are neighborly and I don't waste time tipping neighbors who generally won't ever tip back.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by marrrina View Post
    I tip everyone who has gifted me, written on my wall, or appears in my news feed. I find by doing that I'm tipping those who are neighborly and I don't waste time tipping neighbors who generally won't ever tip back.
    I'm doing kinda the same thing that you did too. I tip to anyone who tipped me or written on my wall, or show up in news feed. Oh wait! That's the same thing!

Rhino Keeper
    This is awesome, Red. I just recently went through a massive sweep on my neighbor list on both RS and BS. I was so tired of giving out requests and end of the day only managed to accumulate half the parts I need for an appliance. I didnt have alot of time to play before so I would accept all incoming requests and gifts and did a mass gift giving of parts.

Now I actually have a lot more time to invest in BS and RS, your practices have got me thinking of trying to hone mine's a bit more.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm kinda tired of repeating myself that I only need tools. Eventhough my RS's counter are empty but I don't need food at all. Right now I'm trying to have a small size amount of neighbor who really understands me or the same type i am. I don't need extras neighbor who always need me to repeat again and again. Anyone have a problem like mine? I bet lots of people does.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast