Thread: Double charged for in app purchase

Host(ess)

Double charged for in app purchase

I have been double charged for the gold in app purchases for $70+ dollars. When i finally realized what was happening I got in touch with apple and they gave me credit for $10 and told me to get in touch with team lava for the rest. I have emailed them multiple times with no response. Here is what has been happening, if I make an in app purchase for like $4.99 it gives me the 120 gold but then my credit card is billed $4.99 twice. I assume its some sort of glitch and no one is doing it on purpose, I least I wouldn't hope so. I am very leery about making anymore in app purchases until I hear from team lava. I would like a refund of the $60 or the gold which ever is easiest for them and of course I would like the app fixed so it doesn't happen to anyone else..

Senior Moderator
    Have you received the automated response? Check your spam folder, just in case. And if it's not there, double check that you're emailing support@teamlava.com

If you have received the automated response, but no other, and it's been more then 5 business days, you can reply back to the first email, requesting a status update. You can also contact one of the Community Managers here.
    Whenever you are having issues, try these two things first - restart your device,
    and delete and reinstall the app. Your progress is saved on TLs servers.
    Contact me by PM

Rhino Keeper
    I have never gotten double charged, but I do consistently get charged for gems/gold I purchases and then do not receive. It can take up to 5 days to get them. Support always asks for copies of the iTunes receipt to "verify" my purchase. Now I my first letter to Support always includes the usual - Bakery Name, Storm ID, and copy of the receipt with the credit card info redacted. There are usually several automated responses about what I need to do - force close, uninstall/reinstall, shut down my devise. The only time I get action is with the letter in which I say I will report TL to iTunes as a fraudulent merchant by a certain day and time. Miraculously my gems appear well before that day/time. Good luck. Hope you get your money or your gold. You and I are not the only ones this happens to. It shows up on the Forum regularly.

We receive a large volume of support tickets, so it may take up to 5 business days for an agent to review and investigate your ticket. It is also not recommended to send multiple tickets, but just send the first one and wait for a response. If you do not receive a response after 5 business days, go ahead and request an update on the ticket so that a support agent can respond if they are still in the middle of the investigation. For more information on Support, please see this thread.