Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Gems....

Fashion Designer

Thumbs down Stolen Gems....

I've been keeping track of my gem losses ever since the "Tap to Manage" feature was added. Including the 1 that was taken today, I've lost 47 gems thus far. I would have 73 gems right now if not for this blatant gem trap. So much for saving nice things!
    Farm Story 2.0.2
    Device: iPhone 4 (soon to be 5S!)
    iOS: 7.0.2 (11A501)

Thank you for the feedback and expressing your concerns on this. I will pass this on to our developers.

Angry "Manage Your Crops" pop-ups are unfair!

I have lost 44 gems, and dozens of neighbors and friends are telling me they have lost gems as well because of the "tap to manage" pop-ups. One friend lost 200 gems! I am never going to buy gems, as I do not want TL to profit by this unfair practice. I hope others will encourage their neighbors to complain to TL, and take whatever action they feel is reasonable and appropriate to stop TL from being unfair.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 07-01-12 at 06:08 PM. Reason: inappropriate statement

New Resident
    I am not sure what 'tap to manage' means, but I have just lost 24 gems in the shop. I clicked on 'featured' items to have a look and as soon as the screen changed, I got a pop-up telling me that I had opened a chest containing some uncommon something or other. I imagine I must have tapped at exactly the wrong moment as the screen was changing and 'purchased' but seriously, what the hell?? Why is there not a confirm purchase button so mishaps like this do not happen? Anyway, I immediately opened a support ticket to teamlava, and got my reply today.

{delete support email}

So, yeah....my reply to THAT nonsense is:
    "So sorry to hear this. As far as I'm concerned, this is extremely poor game design AND customer service. Anything that requires in game 'cash' ie 'gems', should automatically have a confirm purchase button so accidents like this cannot happen. I will be deleting this game now and will no longer consider games from your company, nor recommend them to friends."

It's a shame, but there are many many games out there and THIS sort design and the resulting customer service is obviously a cash grab on the company's part to ensure people continue to fork over real world cash for in game perks.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 07-05-12 at 02:48 PM. Reason: edit: support email

Rhino Keeper
    Be very careful- any correspondance from TL is not allowed to be posted on the forum.

New Resident
    Gotcha, doesn't matter anyway, just a generic company 'so sorry, sucks to be you, have a nice day' kind of comment. I've done what I can do, left a detailed review of the game with the obligatory 1 star rating and warned people about the lack of purchase confirmation. It's really too bad because the game DOES have a lot going for it, it's visually appealing and I was really close to purchasing some gems to buy some extras. I'm NOT going to make a financial investment in any game that is prone to 'accidentally' draining them all away with absolutely no recourse nor support from the company though.

Question Is TeamLava fixing the gem taking pop-up window problem?

I note you pass on remarks about lost gems (because of pop-up windows) to the developers. I'm curious if they are doing anything about this serious problem?!? Many are complaining of lost gems, and have the impression that TeamLava does not care. Is that the case??

Angry Yet another "glitch" with ways TeamLava games work

Quote Originally Posted by madra64 View Post
    I am not sure what 'tap to manage' means, but I have just lost 24 gems in the shop. I clicked on 'featured' items to have a look and as soon as the screen changed, I got a pop-up telling me that I had opened a chest containing some uncommon something or other. I imagine I must have tapped at exactly the wrong moment as the screen was changing and 'purchased' but seriously, what the hell?? Why is there not a confirm purchase button so mishaps like this do not happen? Anyway, I immediately opened a support ticket to teamlava, and got my reply today.

{delete support email}

So, yeah....my reply to THAT nonsense is:
    "So sorry to hear this. As far as I'm concerned, this is extremely poor game design AND customer service. Anything that requires in game 'cash' ie 'gems', should automatically have a confirm purchase button so accidents like this cannot happen. I will be deleting this game now and will no longer consider games from your company, nor recommend them to friends."

It's a shame, but there are many many games out there and THIS sort design and the resulting customer service is obviously a cash grab on the company's part to ensure people continue to fork over real world cash for in game perks.
    What happened to you is not "tap to manage" but a store purchase. You don't get to peak at what is in a game chest. There seem to be many ways in which gems get removed from players when they did not intend it, and this is one of them. Another is when a pop-up window occurs to "manage crops", where it can be tapped by mistake, and a player can lose 1 or 20 gems at a tap! These pop-ups occur when a person is harvesting crops, or simply taps twice on a square on their farm. The pop-up windows are in the middle of a screen, and very easy to tap unintentionally.

I have been asking if TeamLava is attempting to fix these problems, but so far I have not received a reply in the affirmative. How sad. It give the appearance that TeamLava does not care about players... Or even worse. Of course we won't go there, but it does get one to thinking..........

Question Does TeamLava care about feedback from players or moderators?

Quote Originally Posted by ButterPanda View Post
    Thank you for the feedback and expressing your concerns on this. I will pass this on to our developers.
    I sent the below post on the forum, but should have had it with the quote I referred to. Sorry

I note you pass on remarks about lost gems (because of pop-up windows) to the developers. I'm curious if they are doing anything about this serious problem?!? Many are complaining of lost gems, and have the impression that TeamLava does not care. Is that the case??

Rhino Keeper
    Phoebesmom, you can register your petition for removal of Tap to Manage officially at Farm Story Discussion- there's a petition thread on it. I too have lost over 40 hard earned gems to this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast