Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: Meet your new neighbor, Stormie!

Banned
    I say that bcause I read some nbrs don't send materials on purpose and decline material requests to hinder others...
    why would ppl like this want others to recieve Gift Back gifts from Stormie?

i like stormie because he helps me when i need material parts!!!!

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie083 View Post
    I say that bcause I read some nbrs don't send materials on purpose and decline material requests to hinder others...
    why would ppl like this want others to recieve Gift Back gifts from Stormie?
    I doubt those types will have much influence over what TL may or may not do with Stormie, poll or no poll. They want everybody to advance so they'll be more likely to invest real cash. People like you described likely don't stick around very long anyway, when they can't keep the neighbors they're trying to hinder from deleting them.

you should be able to write on his wall and he will post back and he should tip back if you tip him

Quote Originally Posted by Eatanddrank189 View Post
    you should be able to write on his wall, he will post back and he should tip,help,ect. back if you tip him,and he will give random items
    i would love stormie then

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eatanddrank189 View Post
    you should be able to write on his wall and he will post back and he should tip back if you tip him
    Yes, thats like if Stormie isnt a real person(which is true.) IF HE is quiet, he is quiet. No ned to delete messages. s/he just phony. Nobody is that quiet!! TL just did that for no reason. Just think, you dont NEED to get supplies just from Stormie!!!

I just want more improvments on Stormie. BTW, Stormie IS STILL ON TOP OF MY LIST!!!!!Ugh!! I dont disagree, I think improvements are needed to Stormie. And about "still top of list" problem.

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    Stormie will never accept wall posts or post back, of that I'm certain. He has hundreds of thousands (maybe even millions, I have no idea) of neighbors on all of TL's games; his walls on all of them would never stop scrolling with constant new posts, and returning posts would be impossible. Likewise with returning visits and performing whichever task all the different games have (tipping/playing/helping/partying/touring/watering/etc.), for the same reason: Mathematically impossible due to sheer volume of neighbors and limited microseconds in a day. So those won't happen, you can bet on that.

I mentioned above that I don't know if a real person or a program does the request accepting, since it doesn't happen right away, but taking the amount of neighbors into account, I can only guess that if a real person does it, they're sitting there all day every day just hitting Accept, never reaching the end of the list, because it will never actually end, so I'm betting on some kind of auto-accept program that accepts requests as they come in.

Which gets me thinking... An auto-gift-return might not be as feasible as once thought. Stormie usually never takes more than a few hours to accept a part request, but if it's taking his program that long to run through all the ones ahead of mine... then to add gifting to Stormie's workload would push my requests out even further when the gifting program sucked some of the bandwidth away from the request program, and gifts would take even longer since that would include EVERYONE, not just those who'd requested something, and that list gets longer every day, so gifts would take even longer to get to you than requests do, and then requests would start taking longer because of the lower bandwidth allotment, and so on and so forth...

I think I might have taken this to doomsday levels, but it made sense in my head. >.< I'm hitting the button anyway.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by TinksThots View Post
    Stormie will never accept wall posts or post back, of that I'm certain. He has hundreds of thousands (maybe even millions, I have no idea) of neighbors on all of TL's games; his walls on all of them would never stop scrolling with constant new posts, and returning posts would be impossible. Likewise with returning visits and performing whichever task all the different games have (tipping/playing/helping/partying/touring/watering/etc.), for the same reason: Mathematically impossible due to sheer volume of neighbors and limited microseconds in a day. So those won't happen, you can bet on that.

I mentioned above that I don't know if a real person or a program does the request accepting, since it doesn't happen right away, but taking the amount of neighbors into account, I can only guess that if a real person does it, they're sitting there all day every day just hitting Accept, never reaching the end of the list, because it will never actually end, so I'm betting on some kind of auto-accept program that accepts requests as they come in.

Which gets me thinking... An auto-gift-return might not be as feasible as once thought. Stormie usually never takes more than a few hours to accept a part request, but if it's taking his program that long to run through all the ones ahead of mine... then to add gifting to Stormie's workload would push my requests out even further when the gifting program sucked some of the bandwidth away from the request program, and gifts would take even longer since that would include EVERYONE, not just those who'd requested something, and that list gets longer every day, so gifts would take even longer to get to you than requests do, and then requests would start taking longer because of the lower bandwidth allotment, and so on and so forth...

I think I might have taken this to doomsday levels, but it made sense in my head. >.< I'm hitting the button anyway.
    Makes perfect sense to me. I like Stormie the way he is and I like him being on top of the list, so I don't have to scroll down to find.

Stormie isn't the most awful thing out there. He actually raises my star level when I tip him, so thats always great! I also appreciate seeing his decorations because they allow me to see what items are in the mystery boxes, so a BIG thanks there too! (as was mentioned earlier by anoher player) So, it doesnt seem like Stormie has been a problem for all of us players who are over 18.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by feedmecmor View Post
    Stormie isn't the most awful thing out there. He actually raises my star level when I tip him, so thats always great! I also appreciate seeing his decorations because they allow me to see what items are in the mystery boxes, so a BIG thanks there too! (as was mentioned earlier by anoher player) So, it doesnt seem like Stormie has been a problem for all of us players who are over 18.
    Haha you said it!