Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet your new neighbor, Stormie!

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by supahmonkiee View Post
    I wonder if people realize that Stormie is just Team Lava.
    There are people that don't know that? Stormie/Storm8, I thought it was pretty obvious.

Allowing people to post to Stormie's wall wouldn't be a good idea, like Boogie said, it would quickly overload, but it would be the perfect place to put beginner tips/tricks/hints, answers to FAQs, the prices/parts needed for whatever's currently on display in his store, just a bunch of random things to help out anyone who might need it, especially those who aren't on the forum.

And again, Stormie should be able to return gifts he's given to make him more useful as a neighbor. Not everyone is building a box every day that they can send requests from.

Banned
    Tinks, that would be a lot of random gifts to send from Stormie, though... why not ask for a daily gift instead?
    I just started getting daily coins in Dragon Story on Kindle...but I guess a gold bar from Stormie would be awesome, a guaranteed bar of gold...but again, TL could just give everyone one bar of gold per day instead.

Banned
    or one gem, etc

Executive Chef
    Stormie's wall is programmed to automatically dump posts, and his tables are programmed to automatically clear after being tipped, I don't see it being that hard to program an auto-return on gifts. I don't know if an actual person does the request accepting part or not, since that doesn't happen instantly, but if that other stuff can be programmed, gifting shouldn't be much different. A gem a day from him would be great, but guarantee it won't happen, it would cut into profits too much.

Banned
    I wasn't disagreeing, just asking if receiving a daily gift instead would be more feasible. They may program Stormie to accept requests upon each hour, and/or each half hour... so they could program Stormie to Gift Back gifts to all nbrs, too. Cannu create a poll to ask forum members who want Stormie to Gift Back? and since it is a poll add othrr options

Banned
    or it could just ave Yes or No

The Honorable Panda
    Please do not start up a separate poll thread. Members can post their feedback and suggestions for Stormie on this thread, so all the feedback is in one place.

Thanks
    Last edited by kooky panda; 04-14-13 at 04:50 PM.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie083 View Post
    I wasn't disagreeing, just asking if receiving a daily gift instead would be more feasible. They may program Stormie to accept requests upon each hour, and/or each half hour... so they could program Stormie to Gift Back gifts to all nbrs, too. Cannu create a poll to ask forum members who want Stormie to Gift Back? and since it is a poll add othrr options
    I'm not disagreeing either, just trying to hash out the details of what makes the most sense for what they're working with. Stormie has countless neighbors on all the games, and trying to program in what each person has requested would be next to impossible, not to mention the fact that what they request one day, they may not want the next, and everyone would then be wanting to change their request, making it more difficult for the people behind Stormie. I'm familiar enough with programming to know that it would be much simpler to employ a ifgiftreceived=X, thengiftreturned=x kind of code than to try to individualize it further.

I don't think we need a poll, I'm pretty sure I can safely say that everyone would like to get gifts from Stormie. Sure, he accepts requests, but what about those who aren't building something every day? Yeah, we want stuff too lol. :P

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    Please do not start up a separate poll thread. Members can post their feedback and suggestions for Stormie on this thread, so all the feedback is in one place.

Thanks
    Oh, okay.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TinksThots View Post
    I'm not disagreeing either, just trying to hash out the details of what makes the most sense for what they're working with. Stormie has countless neighbors on all the games, and trying to program in what each person has requested would be next to impossible, not to mention the fact that what they request one day, they may not want the next, and everyone would then be wanting to change their request, making it more difficult for the people behind Stormie. I'm familiar enough with programming to know that it would be much simpler to employ a ifgiftreceived=X, thengiftreturned=x kind of code than to try to individualize it further.

I don't think we need a poll, I'm pretty sure I can safely say that everyone would like to get gifts from Stormie. Sure, he accepts requests, but what about those who aren't building something every day? Yeah, we want stuff too lol. :P
    Well, if it is that simple, TL could do it but probably won't because they give us enough.

And since Kooky said no poll, nevermind. But u may be surprised how many people may choose No because they don't play these games daily and wouldn't benefit therefore wouldn't want others to benefit.