Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet your new neighbor, Stormie!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmsiamese View Post
    Which part - this saga is long.
    Just snippeets will do. Hidden in other threads

Executive Chef
    I don't particularly mind having stormie there but it's not fair that we can't remove him. Stormie isn't exactly "social" is he doesn't communicate and he's just a robot. I don't really like stormie either because I think he's been messing up my games I'd rather have a good game system rather than a bad game system and a robotic neighbor. Please allow us to delete stormie.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    He itself doesn't bother me, the fact i can't have full control over my neighbor list does.
    I understand your point of view. Here's some perspective on Stormie (you're welcome to disagree, just offering some insight).

Stormie does have neighbor behaviors in the way that he grants parts request and you can visit him for bonuses and social rating, he's more of a feature. You can visit him for some cool benefits, but you can choose whether or not to interact with him, the way you can choose whether or not you want to build an appliance or etc. The appliance is still in your Design mode list, but you have the opportunity to get the appliance or leave it be.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyRoar View Post
    I understand your point of view. Here's some perspective on Stormie (you're welcome to disagree, just offering some insight).

Stormie does have neighbor behaviors in the way that he grants parts request and you can visit him for bonuses and social rating, he's more of a feature. You can visit him for some cool benefits, but you can choose whether or not to interact with him, the way you can choose whether or not you want to build an appliance or etc. The appliance is still in your Design mode list, but you have the opportunity to get the appliance or leave it be.
    Ok, I'll bite.

They way I see Stormie is not as a normal neighbor, because to be honest, he isn't one.

Neighbors =
    1.) They gift you, and if they don't, most delete them
    2.) They tip/like/water/clean back, and if they don't, most delete them.
    3.) We receive bonus coins and/or xp when visiting them
    4.) We can write on their wall and they can write back. We can answer each others questions and provide help if they don't want, or can't, get to the forum.
    5.) Answers requests even when our GIFTS are full, and not only parts requests, but also goal requests.

Stormie =
    1.) Doesn't gift
    2.) Doesn't tip/like/water/clean back.
    3.) We receive bonus coins and/or xp when visting
    4.) Can't write on wall or interact with in any way
    5.) Only answers requests if our gifts ARE NOT full and is ONLY parts requests, not goal requests. There are NO parts in Fashion for Android users. There is really only Tool Sheds in Farm for all OS's, and not everyone builds them all the time.

You say Stormie has cool benefits, what are they? Getting the bonus coin and xp for visiting? That is about 20 coins or 1 or 2 xp, not all that great, and personally not worth visiting. Tip/Like/Clean/Water something that doesn't water back for Social Rating??? I'd rather go to 2 Community Users instead of just going to 1 Stormie, as that is all it would take to match the Social Rating I'd get and I'd at least have a chance of having my action reciprocated.

In regards to what you wrote about appliances, we don't really have a choice but to purchase an appliance. That isnt' a choice, if we don't purchase it we don't get the recipe. What choice? Sure, we decide not to buy it but there goes the recipe and the gems for mastering 2 and 4 level.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyRoar View Post

I find that the design mode stuff is from tl's end, stuff that tl puts there. They choose what's there. My neighbor list is mine, i choose who's there, and who's not. Well i wish i could. I was trying so hard to downsize my list I DELETED MY KIDS. So it just rubs me the wrong way to have a robot neighbor added.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    Ok, I'll bite.

They way I see Stormie is not as a normal neighbor, because to be honest, he isn't one.

Neighbors =
    4.) We can write on their wall and they can write back. We can answer each others questions and provide help if they don't want, or can't, get to the forum.
    5.) Answers requests even when our GIFTS are full, and not only parts requests, but also goal requests.

Stormie =
    1.) Doesn't gift
    5.) Only answers requests if our gifts ARE NOT full and is ONLY parts requests, not goal requests. There are NO parts in Fashion for Android users. There is really only Tool Sheds in Farm for all OS's, and not everyone builds them all the time.

You say Stormie has cool benefits, what are they? Getting the bonus coin and xp for visiting? That is about 20 coins or 1 or 2 xp, not all that great, and personally not worth visiting. Tip/Like/Clean/Water something that doesn't water back for Social Rating??? I'd rather go to 2 Community Users instead of just going to 1 Stormie, as that is all it would take to match the Social Rating I'd get and I'd at least have a chance of having my action reciprocated.

In regards to what you wrote about appliances, we don't really have a choice but to purchase an appliance. That isnt' a choice, if we don't purchase it we don't get the recipe. What choice? Sure, we decide not to buy it but there goes the recipe and the gems for mastering 2 and 4 level.
    You still have the choice, but getting the appliances gives you incentives, as you've mentioned. It was previously suggested in the thread that Stormie have more incentives when users visit him. This has been passed on along with the other feedback.

I still can't speculate on updates or changes. I know you all hear that often, but it's true. There's only so many ways to word it and the Thesaurus options for "speculate" just aren't as snazzy as speculate. I guess "can't build castles in the sky" would be cool, but I think it's just confuse people or convince them that I've lost my brain so let's just stick with speculate. :P

I find that the design mode stuff is from tl's end, stuff that tl puts there. They choose what's there. My neighbor list is mine, i choose who's there, and who's not. Well i wish i could. I was trying so hard to downsize my list I DELETED MY KIDS. So it just rubs me the wrong way to have a robot neighbor added.
    Aw! I bet that was some difficult news to break to them. I understand. Like I said, feel free to disagree, I'm just throwing that out there for some thought and discussion.
    Last edited by [S8] Elsa; 08-06-12 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Pony hooves are hard to type with, spelling error corrected. ;D

Rhino Keeper
    Good idea, Pony. Put him in Design mode as a buildable, and we'll go get him, if we need him, or maybe just let him live in the box on the floor. You mods are getting scary. You really have personified this piece of code.

Executive Chef
    You deleted your own kids? Lol! That's ruthless!

Banned
    Why don't you apply to adopt Stormie? Then you could delete him too!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    Ok, I'll bite.

Neighbors =

Stormie =
    1.) Doesn't gift

I agree with your point 100%!