Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Neighbor Etiquette

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryberry9 View Post
    He does go to the bottom of your list now, after you've tipped him. He didn't do that before.
    On mine he's always went to the bottom just like everybody else does after I visit them.

Host(ess)

About Grumpy Neighbors...

Most of the players I encounter are really nice. They are playing to have fun and relax. But, occasionally I run into neighbors who are negative and I am always shocked. It messes me up for a few minutes. Like just today, I went to a restaurant and left tips and opened their wall to leave a message as is customary, and they had a message in all CAPS not to post anything on their wall or you get no tips, gifts and might be un-neighbored. I read it a few times to be sure I was reading it right. Then, right below, also in CAPS, they stated what they want to be sent as gifts. The audacity! So I un-neighbored them right then and there. I resisted the urge to go all parental on them and get into a back and to. The devil in me wanted to write multiple obnoxious messages, but I didn't.
    Once, when I just started playing, someone left a grumpy message about how if I give them food again they were deleting me. And since I hadn't looked at my wall for a while, they also sent me a demanding message, in CAPS, ordering me to clear my wall! (I guess they didn't want other people to see their rudeness.) So I deleted them. Again, resisting the urge to say neener-neener-neener.

I think it's really important to keep this game fun. When I get a neighbor request, I look at their wall. If I see anything snippy, or arrogant, or demanding, or maybe even written in all caps, I won't invite them to be a neighbor. I don't want neighbors who post threatening messages about who they will delete, and don't bother asking if you aren't this level or that star rating. And, it's not the end of the world if someone doesn't send the desired gift. Ain't no body got time fo dat!

I had one grumpy neighbor I tolerated because she was a good neighbor and one of my first. But her wall always had messages about good neighbors and bad neighbors, and who she would delete, and who she would add. All the sudden she was apologizing for being so mean and posting messages about how wrong she has been. Her kid got sick and she wasn't going to have much time to play and told us all we could delete her if we wanted because she wouldn't be a very good neighbor anymore...

Well, anyway, games are meant to be fun. If its not fun and it makes you mad, why bother?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by BerniekW View Post
    I don't get it. If a neighbour is anoying, why don't you just delete him?

I did come across the fact that somehow I have a new neighbour, although I did not invited or accepted anyone lately. It's someone who isn't playing (anymore?) since her restaurant is empty and she has zero tip stars. I've been trying to delete this person but just can't. So weird...
    Sweetbear22 is not really speaking of neighbours: he/she is speaking of messages/problems. The messages "loading.", "oh darn" and "processing". He/she shouldn't have used images, metaphors (the wird neighbour) to describe her/his problems on a forum where there are young persons who can't understand figurative language.

Rhino Keeper

Question Random low level neighbor requests

I posted in the RS and BS add me forums. I specifically said I would like parts gifts, no brownies/french toast, and please be at least level 20-30. I get a bunch of level 6 players who send me dragon scales and post on my wall saying "send me food"(while on my walls I politely request the recent goal parts) -deleted!- so lame! I also have some new level 99 neighbors sending me FC/brownies. They should know that there are more profitable foods. I'm not a newbie, I don't need high food count lol. Do people not read or do they just add me from seeing my name in the forum?
    Last edited by kooky panda; 01-14-14 at 03:49 PM. Reason: inappropriate language

Almost every time I post, I get a few requests. Don't send me a request if your star level is -0- for pete's sake. I like nbrs who actually play & tip me back. That's an immediate delete.
    Last edited by meme1098; 01-11-14 at 08:24 PM.

Executive Chef
    OMG I posted on both RS and BS add me for this month because I had deleted quite a few inactive NBRS too. I was very specific about who I would take above lvl 30 and 3-4 stars and all of a sudden I had at least 15 requests from lvls 5-15 with 0 stars and thank God 4 the decline button . I immediately went back 2 reread my threads and reworded them in bold and all capital letters. I didn't bother w stating only general parts since I figured I'd get more specific if I accepted them as nbrs.
    I hate the Xmas holidays cuz it seems like that's when everybody gets new equip and the add mes start big time. I do realize that we were all newbies at 1 time or another but....
    Last edited by ElaineCarrel; 01-11-14 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Corrections upon rereading thread

Rhino Keeper
    I know we all started at level 1...but I always tried to add people on a similar level, they're always looking for neighbors too.
    I play Restaurant and Bakery Story

Please do not send me a neighbor request. I will decline it because I'm not looking for any new neighbors, thanks for understanding!

Host(ess)
    Level 23, somewhat newbie here. What's the etiquette on inviting/adding people from the forums? I've been pretty actively trying to get a bunch of new neighbors and thought that aside from the Add Me sticky, going through the forum to find experienced players would be a good way to get neighbors I can visit and get restaurant ideas from… but I don't want to irritate anyone with my invites!

Is there a limit to the number of Neighbors you can have? Or is it bothersome in some way to have newbs in your neighbor list?

Thank you!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by marybeth808 View Post
    Level 23, somewhat newbie here. What's the etiquette on inviting/adding people from the forums? I've been pretty actively trying to get a bunch of new neighbors and thought that aside from the Add Me sticky, going through the forum to find experienced players would be a good way to get neighbors I can visit and get restaurant ideas from? but I don't want to irritate anyone with my invites!

Is there a limit to the number of Neighbors you can have? Or is it bothersome in some way to have newbs in your neighbor list?

Thank you!
    Marybeth, the best thing to do would be to send the potential neighbour a private message asking if you could send them an invitation.

You should also know that a lot of the more experienced, higher level players are not necessarily the best neighbours for new/lower level players. I am level 99 and i wouldn't say i am the best neighbour. I very rarely tip, i hardly read my own wall much less other neighbours' walls to see what gift they would prefer. I value receiving gifts over tips and there is very little interaction with my neighbours. I pretty much delete anyone who sends me french toast or waffles or any such thing.

It really is always better to find players at your level and players who have the same needs as you do. That way, if you need french toast because you need to keep your counters stocked with something, (anything!!) your neighbours will help you along.

I believe the maximum number of neighbours is 2000.

Host(ess)
    Ah ok, that makes a lot of sense. Since I started getting neighbors, I've been trying to figure out what is the best thing to gift. I have neighbors all over the place, so that makes gifting more challenging, since more advanced players tend to want parts, and the lower level players lean towards food.

I'll try to be a good neighbor, no matter what! I'm pretty pleased with how great this little community is

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast