Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Straw! WE NEED A GEM CONFIRMATION BUTTON!!!

Angry The Last Straw! WE NEED A GEM CONFIRMATION BUTTON!!!

so I'm in my bakery making food la la la almost done changing machines and ready to go on my merry way. to my dismay and horror I've unlocked my 23rd appliance slot and am ironically left with 23 gems. while I usually blame accidental purchases on my impatience or my iPod this time I was tapping another tab and i apparently spent 49 out of my 74 hard earned gems that I have been slaving away for for months and squierreling away for boxes. but nooo team lava had other ideas for my gems. anyway to get to the point we need a gem confirmation button! I know this is the umpteenth time it's come up and I know team lava has to make money but I don't buy gems because I know they'll be gone from accidental taps within a few days! I EARNED THOSE GEMS! I've downloaded ad played so many of their stupid and creepy apps to get gems, I've made so many batches I food, and tried so hard to avoid spending them. when I finally have enough to buy something big, I'm back down to 23! is there no justice in this world?!

Rhino Keeper
    May I add that mystery boxes should have an entirely different tab separate from purchasing expansions. It doesn't make sense to have those things together even if there was a confirmation button BUT there still needs to be one. Confirmation Buttons are in even in video games that are simply bought and paid for, no special currency purchased with real life money. It's not right TeamLava and you know this. Your loyal players and customers really do like your games otherwise they wouldn't play. Why ***** them? You gain nothing but animosity from this practice and as you've seen players are not willing to replace their losses with gem purchases. It's the equivalent of the "you break, you buy" policy but rigging the shelves to be flimsy and fall. You catch more bees with honey than vinegar. Listen to your customers because while you may have the technical ability and talent to create a fun albeit flawed game, don't assume another game company isn't scoping out your "flimsy" customer service. Two words, Blockbuster, Netflix. Nuff' said.

New Resident
    I'm with you on this. Wasted 20 hard earned gems this morning on unspoiling a few ridiculous cookies in Restaurant. The worst is when you tap the screen before the dialog box even comes up and it accepts it! These gem traps........ I'm never actually spending real money on this game until we get a confirm button. It's not worth it. They reject our ideas for a confirmation box, so I'm refusing to hand over any of my money!

New Resident
    I won't buy gems for this reason, either. I slaved away saving for a box, and lost 10 gems for coins bcs the tab is right next to the right arrow button to scroll forward. Apparently my thumb was too big for the right arrow button and it hit the purchase 10 gems for 20k coins....no confirmation button, so I lost all those hard earned gems in one fell swoop. Convenient that the tab is right next to the arrow button.....convenient for Team Lava, that is.

Rhino Keeper
    What platform do you guys play on? I've chosen to recover food that spoiled before but that was when I first started playing the game. When that happened I had multiples of the same dish cooking and when I chose to recover for 5 gems it only recovered the spoiled dish on one stove. Is this a new feature? Whenever I make a dish now that has a short cooking time and I don't get to it in time and the food spoils I'm given the option of throwing it away or recovering it for 5 gems. If you mistakenly choose to recover the food on one stove does ALL of the spoiled food on every stove get recovered too? That's a very deceptive feature. I play on an android phone btw.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by penrose99 View Post
    I won't buy gems for this reason, either. I slaved away saving for a box, and lost 10 gems for coins bcs the tab is right next to the right arrow button to scroll forward. Apparently my thumb was too big for the right arrow button and it hit the purchase 10 gems for 20k coins....no confirmation button, so I lost all those hard earned gems in one fell swoop. Convenient that the tab is right next to the arrow button.....convenient for Team Lava, that is.
    Compared to the size of the buttons on the screen everyone has big fingers, I think you'd need fingers the size of a newborn infant to safely click away. Maybe not even then lol AND YES, gem purchase buttons are always so "conviently" placed next to what you're really trying to buy. You need to tread like a cat on a tightrope with this game.

I really hate listening to these stories because it's so sad. My views on TeamLava changed on New Years Eve when they claimed I bought a door for 10 gems in Restaurant Story when I wasn't even under the wall decorations under DESIGN. It was a Sync Error that took my gems because if I had really bought a door, why did my restaurant refresh to the way it looked 2 minutes ago before the refresh? They never answered that question... anyway.

I'm sorry about your gems and it's such a shame how they want good ratings and reviews when they're taking advantage of their customers. I've been with TeamLava from the start because of their difference from other companies. They were set apart, and now they're just in the crowd. And the fact that they won't keep their customers happy by give a refund is a SHAME! How dare they use our money to make more games (that we didn't ask for), silly content (that we didn't ask for), and terrible features (that we didn't ask for).
    I was just like you emma2997, I had saved up for a lot of things in all my games just to see that they'd be taken away. I earned those gems/cc fair and square from sticking with this company and the least I can do is spend them on what I really want.

...I got carried away, didn't I?

Rhino Keeper
    bigbux3 IMO no you didn't get carried away. No one likes to be taken advantage of. We get enough of that in real life. While I do love the game in theory, the flaws and outright theft is inexcusable. Your passion is shared by many players both paying and non paying. At this moment due to the price hike made personally for me wrapped in a pretty pink glittering bow (sarcasm) I have a plethora of four letter words running through my noggin but of course I have to think of the children on this forum. I'll keep it classy, for now.

Farm Supplier
    There was a time when I was saving up gems for the Cake & Tea Box because it was so pretty. I had saved up about 43-ish gems (I wanted to buy two boxes at the same time and seeing so many gems in my gembox made me feel satisfied ^^; lol) and I had accidentally double-clicked on an appliance.
    ... can you guess what happened??
    I had unintentionally clicked the "finish all food" button and in the end I just gave up on buying the special boxes.

I do this all the time too and I always blamed it on my fat fingers! What I do now is when I've accumulated enough gems to guy anything, I spend it immediately...even if it's something totally lame because I know I will have the gem rug pulled right beneath me if I don't use it. At least, even if I spend it on something lame, I still get a small satisfaction that I chose to spend it instead of it being "accidentally" spent FOR me! I know...I'm so childish.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast