Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best gift?

Banned
    I always wait til the day is almost done, and send cappuccino to all my neighbours. That way, if they have requested something in particular during the day I can send them what they want, and if not, they get the highest-value food.

But, I like eric_malmquist's idea of giving food to under 30s and generic parts to over 30s.

One thing I want to know is.... if you decline a gift (say, a dragon's tooth when you never have any intention of getting the dragon decoration) does that count towards your limit of 20 gifts per day, or does declining 10 gifts still mean you can accept 20 others?

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by melby29 View Post
    One thing I want to know is.... if you decline a gift (say, a dragon's tooth when you never have any intention of getting the dragon decoration) does that count towards your limit of 20 gifts per day, or does declining 10 gifts still mean you can accept 20 others?
    If you decline a gift, you can still receive another one. But, that neighbor can not send you another one for the day.
    Whenever you are having issues, try these two things first - restart your device,
    and delete and reinstall the app. Your progress is saved on TLs servers.
    Contact me by PM

Banned
    Anything but food, and seasonal parts.
    Food, for god's sake, I am a restaurant, you are a restaurant, why you want someone to send food to another restaurant to sell?? I am supposed to cook own dishes! To me, anyone sending me food is an insult to me. I can cook any food myself, I don't need anyone's donation for food. I have plenty of food queing, I can cook more than I can sell, even you give me a million plates of Stew, it still means nothing to me as I have so much of food, I could not sell it, and I even I wish I can throw it away!

My nbr will never send me food, they all understand food is useless. I always tell my new nbrs, why food is useless, and they are well aware I don't take food and I remove anyone who give me food. Food is only for beginner, with only 2 stoves, once they have 5 stoves, you don't need to send them any more food, they can pretty much handle to food problem by themselves.

Seasonal parts, avoid it. Think logically
    1. Nbr may not be interested to build it. Any reasons
    2. Not worth to build. Example, Tiki Stove (in RS) cost $80k per stove and use Purple Nozzle.
    3. Can't afford to build. Beginner won't spend $80k on just one Tiki Stove, they could build 8 Easy Stoves with $80k!
    4. Not building it yet or building something more affordable or useful first. I maybe in level 96, but I still look into the ROI before I simply buy anything TL released
    5. It is not resuable, no other stoves can use it. They could probably need something more important and useful, like Screw. After all, if they need seasonal parts, while building it, they can always use "Ask Friend" to get it. And after you built the seasonal stoves, you don't need same seasonal parts and the same part also can't be used for other stoves.

Whenever a new part is released, I always send out reminder to all my nbrs, tell them don't send me that new part, because I will find out what is it about, cost, and the ROI. like the Tiki Oven and Smoker Pit, it is a rip off, with bad ROI. So I don't want to receive any special parts for these stoves.

So I would say, the safest and best gift to give is classic general part, it ensure everyone and most stoves can use it.

I combine two of these strategies. I give my neighbors the gifts they give me. If I am sending a gift to someone who couldn't gift me, I send a random general part to those over Level 30 and cappuccino to those under Level 30. If I need something, I ask.

I appreciate all gifts. If I receive a gift I don't need, I simply decline it and that leaves room for a different gift from someone else. I certainly don't delete a neighbor for the gift they give.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12