Thread: Material request limit?

Rhino Keeper

Material request limit?

So I know that you can send out as many material requests as you have neighbors, but is there a limit to how many you can receive or something?

I only needed about 15 paint and 15 gears, and I sent that to my 80+ neighbors. Now I need one lousy paint and 3 gears. COME ON PEOPLE. lol

Rhino Keeper
    You can receive 20 requests per day.

So, if you send out 80 requests, but ALL your neighbors have reached their limit of 20 requests, no one gets your request?? OR does that mean your 80 neighbors get the requests, but only the first 20 requests honored actually come through to you?? (Sorry i know this sounds confusing).

I have opened my bakery right as the new day begins (3:00 am for me) and suddenly i have a bunch of requests, I guess from the day before, that just pushed through.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseMiti View Post
    You can receive 20 requests per day.
    Are you talking about I can receive 20 from other people, or they can receive 20 from me? Because I'm saying I sent a bunch out, but nobody ever responds.

Nightclub Owner
    You can send out as many requests as you have neighbours. However you can only receive 20 parts as regular gifts each day (i.e. not sent through the parts request system) and twenty through the gift request system.

The reason you didn't get back the parts is because you sent the request to too many people.

If you need 15 paint and 15 gear then that's 30 parts being requested of your neighbours.
    So you sent out a request for paint to 40 neighbours and also sent out another request for gears to another 40 neighbours.
    14 neighbours receive your request for paint and accept your request. So you get 14 paint in your inventory. So you have 26 unanswered paint requests.
    Your neighbours alo receive your request for gears. But since you have already received 14 paint you can only get 6 more gifts through the gift request system. So you get only 6 gears. So you have 34 unanswered gear requests.

The next day you send out a request to 20 neighbours for paint and another 20 neighbours for gears. This gets added unto the 26 unanswered paint requests from the previous day and the 34 gear requests.
    These paint requests were answered by your neighbours from the previous day but because you were full you couldn't get them. So now you receive 20 paint. Still have 26 outstanding requests since you sent out another 20 requests. The gear requests, though answered, can't get through because you are now full.
    So the next day you get another 19 paint which was left over from the two previous days and you still have 7 remaining paint requests to come in. One gear also comes through. The next day you get the remaining 7 paint and 13 gears get to come in. The following day you get another 20 gears coming in and the next day another 20 and so on and so on and so on.

As you can see, each day that you send out a mass request for a part you end up clogging your system even more. You may have to just not send out any requests for about a day or two to allow the system to clear out and then slowly send out requests. So if you need 15 paint, ask 15 neighbours for paint. Then ask 5 more neighbours for gears. You can also write a note on neighbours' walls telling them what gift you would prefer. Some will send that to you as regular gifts.

You also have to remember that your neighbours may be in different time zones. So you may send out your request when some neighbours are asleep or at work and so they may not see your paint request until the next day or later that evening. It's also summer and less players are around on the games as they are on vacation or just out with their families. So be patient when sending your requests.

Farm Supplier

Question

If you have already gifted your neighbors for the day and then they send you a material request will they still get it?

Thank you for explaining this so well

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by efoote View Post
    If you have already gifted your neighbors for the day and then they send you a material request will they still get it?
    Yes, you can send a gift and also fill a request for the same neighbor. That means they can get up to two parts from you per day.