Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Fecs Layout Compared To GroovyRuss....My Results!

What would the optimal 2-door layout look like?

Rhino Keeper
    I used to have a 2-door layout and I went with two small Ts. You will likely move onto 3 doors so fast that you should not worry about putting too much effort into finding the optimal 2-door layout.

Fashion Designer
    I have enough gems for 7 doors, but lol I lack the size needed. What size do I need before I can have 7 doors? I'm currently 12x15 and I currently have 4 doors

Rhino Keeper
    Does anyone know how to get another hostess and what section of the design tab it's in?! Thanks these all sound like great ideas and your bakeries look awesome!

Fashion Designer
    Cash register is in tables

Moving the register away from the door helps. My customers were waiting an average of 8 seconds when it was beside the door. Making them walk a few steps to the register speeds them up to where they only glance at it now. Still working on best seating with having them walk a little further to the register though.

Rhino Keeper
    Because I could not help myself, I did more mad math:
    Each square takes the customer 1 second to walk
    To register is 5 seconds
    Eating takes 10 seconds

With an optimized 4 door layout it takes an average 5 steps post register.
    With an optimized max (over 20) door layout it takes an average 3 steps post register.

4 doors customers spend 20 seconds in bakery
    Max doors customers spend 18 seconds in bakery

Those 2 seconds of savings yields a 11.1% increase in revenue.

So I would not recommend exceeding more than 4 doors until you have enough ovens to keep red velvet cakes in stock (aka spend your diamonds on opening more slots for ovens).

i'm still a little confused about moving the register away from the door... i too have noticed that my customers spend time in front of the register, and sometimes the doors just close and i have only a few customers inside seated, while i definitely have enough tables left at each door to accomodate more guests. it takes a while and then the customer count builds up again, does anyone know why this is? btw, my id is figuresk8er88, i'd really appreciate it if someone could take a look, i have 4 doors at the moment. i've stopped baking for quite a while now since i've built up sooo many plates of food, if i keep on baking with my max # of appliances i'm barely making anything at all (or even on the edge of losing). really hope that my food sell out quicker, i only have about 2 mil coins left after the halloween quests where everything cost so much...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by juicyjeni View Post
    OK - so now after reading all of these posts I am very confused - I currently have 4 doors but I never thought of this whole door / table ratio thing. I dont think my bakery is set up like any of the previous posts explained. I mostly play this game just for fun but I am interested in trying to figure out how to maximize my profits, etc. Reading all of these posts kind of confuses me (I was never good at math) Is there anyone out there that can help me if maximize my profits if I explain my layout to them.
    Juicyjeni, don't be confused by all the math. At the end of the day the multi door layout comes down to one thing: the less steps your customers walk, the more food you will sell.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by heatherfine View Post
    Moving the register away from the door helps. My customers were waiting an average of 8 seconds when it was beside the door. Making them walk a few steps to the register speeds them up to where they only glance at it now. Still working on best seating with having them walk a little further to the register though.
    You are right! I did the same experiment and found it the customers move faster when the register is a few steps away from the door.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast