Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travelling around the world

Fashion Designer

Unhappy Travelling around the world

OK, here is my issue, so while I'm travelling out of country (US), and when logging in through WiFi my phone suddenly doesn't recognize me as my farm!! Why would that be? Hmm...if this is normal, sorry my neighbors, I tried to log in, water you and all. Not sure what to do, if I'm doing something wrong.

Maybe developers can help?

Sorry neighbors - April Showers will be back in week and half....

Farm Supplier
    I had this issue as well. When you change countries you change phone carriers and TL looks at this as a new device. You can create a new farm and then email them with a request to connect back to your old farm. You will need to know a couple of things like the number of gems you had and it takes them one or two days to reconnect. It may not be worth it for you if you are travelling between a number of countries or are only gone for a week. Good luck.

Fashion Designer
    Thank you, that makes sense it was funny, I was surprised that connecting through WiFi it made such a difference. In my opinion WiFi should be the same regardless of carrier. So sad I am so addicted and now have withdrawal.

Farm Supplier
    It has never happened to me. I only use wi-fi when travelling, and I could still farm in any country I was in. My own farm.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by henrietta57 View Post
    I had this issue as well. When you change countries you change phone carriers and TL looks at this as a new device. You can create a new farm and then email them with a request to connect back to your old farm. You will need to know a couple of things like the number of gems you had and it takes them one or two days to reconnect. It may not be worth it for you if you are travelling between a number of countries or are only gone for a week. Good luck.
    So in essence you have to transfer your game but stay on your device?

Farm Supplier
    I am assuming that is what I would have had to do. I did not go through the effort. Specifically, I travelled from the US to England. No longer had my farm since I was on a different phone carrier. Created a new farm which disappeared when I returned home. However I did get my old farm back. This may only happen to people who use phones to play. I am on an Android system.

Fashion Designer
    I use an Ipad to play and I have traveled (from the USA) to England twice and to Costa Rica with it using WiFi and there were no issues. Must be a phone only issue.

Farm Supplier
    I was playing from the phone prior to changing over to ipad. I had no problems whatsoever playing when travelling. It was an android phone. I thought the game follows the storm 8 id. Did you ever create a password for your storm 8 id before? Via any of the storm 8 games. If you did, try playing any storm 8 game to level 2 and do a login? Perhaps that will help.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by atsixes View Post
    I was playing from the phone prior to changing over to ipad. I had no problems whatsoever playing when travelling. It was an android phone. I thought the game follows the storm 8 id. Did you ever create a password for your storm 8 id before? Via any of the storm 8 games. If you did, try playing any storm 8 game to level 2 and do a login? Perhaps that will help.
    LOL of course I have and hd storm ID. What I figured out, I have to disconnect phone as it is different network to the one being used in US, have to reinstall the game and I can get in throught WiFi. When I turn back Global network I start a new game... have contacted support team and it is what it is.

Grand Emperor
    Omg i read this thread and i think BEWARE OF THE DREADED ROAMING CHARGES. I once used my phone for my alarm clock for a week in mexico and BAM! It was a $200 alarm clock. Oops.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast