Thread: Slow Down, Players!

Fashion Designer

Exclamation Slow Down, Players!

As has been pointed out by other players in other threads, you can see a designed effort to slow the game down with new appliances.

There are (or were) lots of players at or above Level 96. Many of these players buy 18 or more of an appliance to rapidly master the recipes and get gems and xp.

I am almost level 97. My last two Expansions were for $5,000,000 and $7,500,000, respectively, and the next one costs $10,000,000. But if I buy 18 of these Juicers, and master the recipes, I only get $338,970 closer to my next expansion.

Of course, this is AFTER spending

Shamrock Oven: 12,000 * 18 = 216,000
    Egg Stove: 15,000 * 18 = 270,000
    Food Replicator: 15,000 *18 = 270,000
    Steampunk Oven: 15,000 *18 = 270,000
    Fusion Sashimi Block: 20,000 * 18 = 360,000
    Asian Fusion Cart: 18,000 *18 = 324,000

I have not started collecting Tiki Ovens (at 60,000 a pop) or this new Juicer (at 30,000 a pop)!

Since March, I have spent 1,710,000 on appliances. Is it any wonder why it's so hard to expand?

Many of these machines' recipes also produce very small quantities, so it's harder to keep counters stocked.

Rhino Keeper
    That's why I only build 3 or 4 of the new appliances. It takes 2-3 weeks to master the recipes, but I don't think this's a big deal. If I had to build 18 of each I would never have enough coins to expand.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tzvetkata View Post
    That's why I only build 3 or 4 of the new appliances. It takes 2-3 weeks to master the recipes, but I don't think this's a big deal. If I had to build 18 of each I would never have enough coins to expand.
    Yeah I only build 4 or 5 most likely 4

Rhino Keeper
    I build the minimum of the specialty appliances, and keep clearing the original 3 appliance recipes as I go. I'm not going anywhere, so I don't see any reason to be in a hurry to burn up the profits to put hundreds of appliances in storage.

I bought 4 drink machines, and learned my lesson early. 3 was enough even with the large menu and 1 that takes 2 days. I found that 1 outdoor grill, smoker pit, fusion sashimi block, shamrock, egg, food replicator, nacho machine was enough, to work down those appliance recipes. The steampunk took 2 since the cake is one day, it gets it's own separate oven.

I have 3 expansions left. Two will be coin, and one will be gems.

There's no braggin rights for large number of stored appliances, so I'm content to advance "on the cheap"

I did add some extra stoves, ovens, and grills early, when you can't make enough food to keep the counters full, for a total of 26. 2 of those are in storage most of the time now, since TL is slowing the game, and ****ing production whenever the app is open 2 minutes, or longer.

New Resident
    About a year ago I started having issues with the tables resetting and losing cash. The devs said the game resets and I'm not actually losing anything (except for the time between logging into the game, sometimes 15 or so hours). I quickly got annoyed and decided to test it out. I have 20 of each oven, grill and stove and proceeded to set up counters with 100k of each recipe as I can and letting the counters exhaust. Once that happens I would theoretically have 3 mil. It took awhile to accomplish. So far it's been working out and I have maybe 30 or so counters with the recipes at 150k each. The cash takes time to accumulate but if you concentrate on the longer recipes you don't have to micro-manage as much.

I'm also nearing lvl 97. Once I get there if I continue to play it'll only be to stay in touch with some of my nbrs so I'll either be on 2 day recipes or won't bother cooking food at all regardless of new appliances & recipes. What's already on my counters will be around for a while anyway.

I hit level 96 a few weeks back.
    I have 18 of each of the basic appliances (oven, stove, grill) which I rotate depending on what food I wish to cook.
    Other than that I have a drink machine, sushi bar, outdoor grill, candy heart stove & chocolate machine, all in storage. That's it.
    I still have quite a number of regular recipes to master so I don't see the need to be buying the new appliances. The need for gems isn't an issue for me, besides, I lose them in traps anyway.
    Being a shift worker I have to cook foods which suit my hours/times of work so I quite often cook foods which I've already mastered.
    I've got a motsa of food in my gift section which I can use if I need to.
    There are still quite a few expansions available to me if I need them but I'm happy with my restaurant turnover food/coin wise.
    I'm happy to just potter along the way I am now & slowly creep my way to level 100.