Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon breeding odds project... anyone interested in joining?

Farm Supplier

Dragon breeding odds project... anyone interested in joining?

I've been keeping track of every breeding combination and their results, since I started playing Dragon Story. I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in keeping track of all their breeding pairs and results, so we can start compiling a list with more accurate"birthing" odds hehe (and potentially find out which dragons seem to breed a rare or super rare with a higher probability).

Anyone interested? Remember, if you are going to report your results for something... you would have to (at least starting when you begin your list) record every dragon that is bred from a specific pair. Don't just log on and post "I bred an Island and Firestorm and got a Diamond" or the odds will be quite skewed.

Here's one list of breeding results to start out with... (it's accurate but can be looked at as an example too).

I was trying to get the Planet dragon that week, since it was just released along with Seabreeze

Coral (Blue/Purple) level 10 x Life (Green/Red) level 10
    1. 20 hours - Island
    2. 20 hours -Island
    3. 20 hours - Island
    4. 10 hours - Coral
    5. 6 hours - Wild *RARE
    6. 16 hours- Charm
    7. 20 hours - Island
    8. 21 hours - Poison
    9. 19 hours - Planet *SUPER RARE
    10. 20 hours - Island
    11. 6 hours- Wild *RARE
    12. 21 hours - Poison
    13. 20 hours - Magic
    14. 20 hours - Island
    15. 10 hours - Coral
    16. 20 hours - Island
    17. 10 hours - Coral
    18. 20 hours - Island
    19. 16 hours - Charm
    20. 20 hours -Island
    21. 3 hours - Life
    22. 20 hours - Island
    23. 20 hours - Magic
    24. 21 hours - Poison
    25. 16 hours - Charm

Obviously a lot of luck is involved and the odds are less accurate when you have very few results to use as a reference. If this list was standard for percentages... the odds would look something like this.... (disregarding Magic (purple) as a rare dragon)

25 total tries: 2 rare, 1 super rare, 22 common, which would come out to a whopping 8% chance to breed a Rare dragon, and a 4% chance to breed a Super Rare.

If anyone else is willing to join the project or is interested in it, I have lists for plenty of different breeding combinations. It would be really interesting to combine everyone's data to see what kind of results we get. ^_^

Excellent Job! I think I would like to help you out but I am going out of town for a few days. I will contact you when I get back.

Farm Supplier
    So in order to do this you would have to breed the same dragons in the same slots (left & right) for 25 straight tries? Wow that could take forever! Considering my luck I mostly get islands. But I shall try and post my results.

Farm Supplier
    I think it has something to do with dragon names..

Anyway, remember we have the spreadsheet here:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...jeTRpZ2c#gid=4

You will need permission from the creator of that (1crazycajun) to gain access to it. (PM him your gmail that you plan to use to access it).

Here's how it looks like:
    (edit out picture- posted without permission from spreadsheet owner)
    Last edited by kooky panda; 07-12-12 at 01:31 PM. Reason: edited out photo

Rhino Keeper
    something else to consider is that you had four colors in the mix increasing the possible out comes.. When I am "trying" for a specific dragon, I use single element dragons to reduce the number of outcomes. The statistics should improve the chance for rare and super rare dragons... I would help out with this as I have nothing else to do and I am bored with breeding island x firestorm all the time...

Rhino Keeper
    I'm in. I had the same idea and I've kept my own breeding log. But I only started it recently (Sunday June 17) because I've been getting a lot of rares lately. Here's my list (I've used red, yellow, green, and blue dragons for this because I've found they work better for me if I try for rares):
    Mindvolt-22 hrs
    Island-20 hrs
    Serpent-16 hrs
    Magic-20 hrs
    Fruitful-10 hrs
    Firestorm-12 hrs
    (my attempt for the new familiar dragon) poison-21 hrs

Farm Supplier
    Did u use same dragon parents for these and what dragons were they and at what level? I think ****bethy wants to know the specifics too, and you would have to repeatedly use same parents over and over again for 25 straight tries back to back. Correct me if I'm wrong ****bethy? I am now on attempt #6 so it's gonna take me a while to post my 25 breedings from the chosen parents I've decided to go with.

Farm Supplier
    Ok so here's my attempts from #1-#10. I will later list #11-25 when I cross that bridge. (probably in a week, maybe less, depending on the breeding times).
    Left slot: level 10 epic Life dragon (red & green)
    Right slot: level 10 epic Mindvolt dragon (blue & yellow)
    Attempt #1: 10 hours - fruitful
    Attempt #2: 14 hours - mist
    Attempt #3: 12 hours - firestorm
    Attempt #4: 3 hours - life
    Attempt #5: 20 hours - magic
    Attempt #6: 12 hours - firestorm
    Attempt #7: 16 hours - serpent
    Attempt #8: 10 hours - fruitful
    Attempt #9: 12 hours - firestorm
    Attempt #10: 9 hours - seabreeze
    (attempts #11 - #25 coming soon...)

Farm Supplier
    And I don't know if this matters but the parents names are Blaze (life) and Hydra (mindvolt). I know some players believe that the parents names have something to do with the odds of rare baby dragons.

Farm Supplier
    Attempts #11 - #20 (continued...)
    Left slot: level 10 epic Life dragon (red & green)
    Right slot: level 10 epic Mindvolt dragon (blue & yellow)
    Attempt #11: 16 hours - serpent
    Attempt #12: 10 hours - fruitful
    Attempt #13: 14 hours - mist
    Attempt #14: 12 hours - firestorm
    Attempt #15: 14 hours - mist
    Attempt #16: 20 hours - island
    Attempt #17: 12 hours - firestorm
    Attempt #18: 10 hours - fruitful
    Attempt #19: 8 hours - fairy
    Attempt #20: 12 hours - firestorm
    (Attempts #21 - #25 coming soon...)
    P.S. I did use a little bit of gold here and there that were gifted to me from neighbors to finish off the last few hours of
    some of these breedings.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast