Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Watering Farms

Fashion Designer

Unhappy Watering Farms

I know there was another discussion about watering crops and others but have noticed change yet again.

Is it just me or have you noticed the fascination people have with newly planted crops and trees? For some reason when I plant new crops, that is the one people will water. No, they will not go for the one that is ready to be collected, but the one planted, which is longer term. I just don't get it, what am I missing? Is there a special award for watering something just planted? HELP?!?!

Rhino Keeper
    For me with my not so great eyes it's easier to spot empty newly planted crops than the others.

Nightclub Owner
    LOL!!! For me it's twofold.

1.) It depends on where my iPad drops me. Sometimes I get dropped at the bottom of a field, sometimes in the middle, sometimes near the top. If there is something to water where I'm dropped, I water.
    2.) If somebody is planting something that is really light colored, or the new Radicchio crop, I try to water trees or something easier for me. The lighter colored crops can be very hard to see the water droplets, like certain flowers. The new Radicchio the lines are right in the middle of the crop and I keep mistaking those for a new plot, not the same plot. I HATE watering those.

Most of the times though I do try to water stuff that is about to be harvested, or for some people, the top left corner of their farm as they've specifically asked that area to be watered if possible.

Grand Emperor
    I water wherever I feel like it. Some crops I have trouble telling if they're watered. But I have noticed a trend of more and more people wanting certain things watered first. I have a couple things to say about that:

1. All the stuff is going to get watered eventually
    2. How often does it actually happen where you have unwatered stuff to harvest but other stuff is watered?
    3. Do you really want to create more "rules" for your neighbors to follow?
    4. How about you just appreciate the fact that someone took the time to come water and visit your farm
    5. Is the world going to end if god forbid, you have to collect an unwatered crop?

Myself, I don't care where or what people water when they come to my farm. I'm also getting a bit tired of people turning into ocd farmers.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    I water wherever I feel like it. Some crops I have trouble telling if they're watered. But I have noticed a trend of more and more people wanting certain things watered first. I have a couple things to say about that:

2. How often does it actually happen where you have unwatered stuff to harvest but other stuff is watered?
    4. How about you just appreciate the fact that someone took the time to come water and visit your farm
    5. Is the world going to end if god forbid, you have to collect an unwatered crop?

Myself, I don't care where or what people water when they come to my farm. I'm also getting a bit tired of people turning into ocd farmers.
    I like this lol

Executive Chef

I like this, too. I also tend to water wherever the iPad focuses on the farm, and new crops are easier to see if they've been watered or not than grown crops. But with summer here, I have less and less time to water as it is.

Fashion Designer
    There is a reason to water some crops over others, ie collectibles.

For instance the only ways to get the bugs collectible is buying new trees or watering them. Considering the price of new trees (and the fact i have mastered most and domt buy any old ones anymore) i get 99% of that collectible by watering trees.

As for other crops, grains and flowers are good to water too, as they are long term and you'll get more collectibles by watering.

I dont always focus on them, but sometimes i like to water ripe trees/grains/flowers over fruits which i can plant strawberries/blueberries to get those collectibles quick.

Well for me the only reason is that you can spot the unwatered, freshly planted crops much more easily than many crops which are in advanced stages of growth. With some I have problems to see which ones have been watered already and which not.

Fashion Designer

I plant bunch of short term stuff and long term at the same time - ie rice and lettuce, well funny enough lettuce matures faster, but not all is watered when I'm collecting it but at the same time all of my rice is watered but has 3 more days to go. So the answer is no, it does happen if you have a lot planted.

But I understand that it is easier to see especially since the drops are no longer animated. I have hard time seeing wheter some of the flowers are watered because you just cannot see the drops. So that would make sense. LOL

I thought something changed and I was missing something, maybe more points or coins. Now I know it's not me. :-)

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by bbieprnc View Post
    I plant bunch of short term stuff and long term at the same time - ie rice and lettuce, well funny enough lettuce matures faster, but not all is watered when I'm collecting it but at the same time all of my rice is watered but has 3 more days to go. So the answer is no, it does happen if you have a lot planted.

But I understand that it is easier to see especially since the drops are no longer animated. I have hard time seeing wheter some of the flowers are watered because you just cannot see the drops. So that would make sense. LOL

I thought something changed and I was missing something, maybe more points or coins. Now I know it's not me. :-)
    I can't tell if coffee is watered. Ever. And some trees, and rice, and some flowers, and.....
    Hmmm, maybe I need glasses.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast