Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My neighbor copied my restaurant's design :mad:

My neighbor copied my restaurant's design :mad:

I guess it's a form of flattery but I'm truly mad. Today I went to a neighbor's place to leave tips. They're usually not that busy so I'd leave the tip on a set of six tables in the front and move on. But today the tables were full so I checked around and what do I see? Their restaurant looks nearly identical to mine, down to the white Carnation vase I placed next to my TV set. For a moment I thought it was a glitch (sometimes it happens that my restaurant overlaps someone else's,) so I got out and got back in to see if it gets fixed but no. Not only had they copied my overall design (different rooms and areas) but the placement of my furniture. Naturally I got mad and deleted them from my neighbor's list to prevent this from happening in the future. But I'm still mad and thought I'd come here and vent. I don't think there's anything I can do (and frankly I don't want to since it's not a big deal.) But I was wondering if this ever happened to anyone else and how you handled it.

Rhino Keeper
    We do not have copyright, thus is ok for anyone to coy.
    U can try to copy my RS if it makes u feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by starstar2 View Post
    We do not have copyright, thus is ok for anyone to coy.
    U can try to copy my RS if it makes u feel better.
    I never said there was a copyright rule. I just thought it was common courtesy not to do such a thing, especially with an active neighbor.
    And no thanks, copying your restaurant won't make me feel better. It will make me feel like a loser who has no ideas of her own.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantisonearth View Post
    You have plenty ideas of your own and that neighbor is plain nasty. I am an architect, and when someone copies my ideas, I get frustrated like you are now, so I know how it feels. Copying is the greatest form of flattery, so that means your design must be a good one.

Ignore that other poster, they don't know how it feels.
    Glad someone understands. I already said it wasn't a big deal. It's just a game. But I put a lot of thought and energy into my design and to see a neighbor whom I visited everyday, gave tips and gifts to, steal it just hurt. Since you're an architect naturally you understand. Building and interior design (real or imaginary) draws from your creative resources and is hard work. You don't want someone else taking credit for it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycountess View Post
    Glad someone understands. I already said it wasn't a big deal. It's just a game. But I put a lot of thought and energy into my design and to see a neighbor whom I visited everyday, gave tips and gifts to, steal it just hurt. Since you're an architect naturally you understand. Building and interior design (real or imaginary) draws from your creative resources and is hard work. You don't want someone else taking credit for it.
    You should try emailing support@teamlava.com and see if they can do anything about this.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantisonearth View Post
    You should try emailing support@teamlava.com and see if they can do anything about this.
    Nah, it's not that important. Besides I don't know their Storm ID, just the name of their restaurant (Prime Time) and there could be several with that name.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycountess View Post
    Nah, it's not that important. Besides I don't know their Storm ID, just the name of their restaurant (Prime Time) and there could be several with that name.
    They can look them up from there itself.

Besides, it's not like support does anything anyways

Executive Chef
    kittycountess,

This has happened to me too. I know how you feel. Your talent at designing is a part of you, and for someone to take that and design and copy it is wrong. Its like they are saying they came up with the design... is a huge insult. Just because someone liked your design gives them no right to copy you.

Here's how I deal with it... Remember the designs you create in "Story" games are every limited. We are limited to little squares and the furniture and decorations that TL provides (i dont think their stuff is that great). I'm sure you have designed things in your mind or on paper that are even better . Sounds like you have an interest in interior design. I hope you persue it, it's a great field. Spend your time creating real designs, don't worry about this silly game.

Oh, and I absolutely agree with you deleting her as a neighbor. I had 2 people copy my fashion story. One I deleted right away... She changed her store back to her old design, she must have understood I was offended. The other one I kept as a neighbor for a while... she still has the design she copied from me... JUST DELETE COPIERS.

Oh and last thing... emailing support will not change anything... It will just be a waste of your time. Atlantis... You know it's just a waste of time to email support about something like this. I understand your upset with TL... But don't waste this girl's time.

Grand Emperor
    I think its rude.

Rhino Keeper
    Interesting question. Yes, I think I've noticed my design's influence on my neighbors in all 3 FS, BS & RS.

There's a fine line between we all have the same finite stuff to work with,( the odds are fair some overlapping will take place naturally), versus the next day your neighbor's store looks eerily familiar. Once I had a very early player randomly tip my FS shop. I went back to thank like, and the walls were identical to mine, and she even commented how she admired the walls. I just left to not lead her back, in fear of having an unwanted clone and then felt petty about that.

She inspired to me to change my beloved design, to something even more different that I honestly like better. It is flattering and just a game so I try to keep perspective.

I did notice it is happening again tho...:-)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast