Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Team Lava, you deserve a round of applause...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael98 View Post
    I like sarcasm.
    You're good at it, Kay.
    I agree... nice sarcasm!

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyRoar View Post
    Good thing I'm wearing my Sarcasm Detection Hat today. Let's take the aggro down a notch. I am listening. Thank you for sharing your concerns. I will forward this to the appropriate folks (sans sarcasm, cause I'm not sharing my hat ).
    You could use sarcasm HTML. GM likes those.
    I mean, back in the old days of May 2011 - when there were no weekly updates, and Matt still logged on regularly. Well. It came up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyRoar View Post
    Good thing I'm wearing my Sarcasm Detection Hat today. Let's take the aggro down a notch. I am listening. Thank you for sharing your concerns. I will forward this to the appropriate folks (sans sarcasm, cause I'm not sharing my hat ).
    Thanks, at least you are listening. You are my new favorite moderator.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    Well, its my birthday today . That's new.
    Well Happy Birthday Pinkster!

Quote Originally Posted by thekaygirl View Post
    Seriously everyone, cheers for Team Lava! I mean, I really didn't think any company could successfully ruin one of their apps quite so well!

It's incredible! It only took a few short weeks for me to partially lose interest after the first price hikes were installed on food and nests. But now they've gone above and beyond! The recent increases in the prices of expansions to over six times what they were before was simply genius! Not only did it infuriate me - it made me quit the game altogether!

Really, I am stunned! I don't think I have ever seen a company prove that it doesn't care at all about its consumers as effectively as Team Lava has. I am so proud! It's almost as if they screamed into my ear "Hey! We don't care about anything but our wallets!" Such a brilliant move on their part!

This clear money-making scheme, this total disregard for anything but the bottom line, this blatant overlooking of the players feedback - it's simply fantastic! Exactly what I look for in an app! I love to feel frustrated and unheard each day! It absolutely makes me want to give a five-star rating!! I mean, it's beautiful how Team Lava turned their latest game into a desperate attempt to get more money. Beautiful!

Such a shame that I've somehow found myself losing interest in the game. After all, it was so much fun to need to save for a week in order to expand one time. I'm going to miss that thrill of being stuck in the same spot for days on end with nothing new to do. Such a shame.

You really knocked it out of the park this time, Team Lava! Bravo!
    I understand the frustration. Right now the game is going through changes that may or may not stay. But please remember that we do take all the suggestions and feedback seriously.

Executive Chef
    Thanks bp

Farm Supplier
    Well, it's not just Dragon Story that has issues AKA "growing pains." Many of these complaints apply across the board for most, if not all, TL games.

The thread is overdue.

I've played Fashion Story for almost two months now. After an update, the notifications for clothing ready stopped working. I deleted, re-installed, threw salt over my left shoulder, whistled "Dixie" in the key of F Major, while gargling. The notifications now either do not come up at all or when they do, if my device is sleeping, notify AFTER I've already racked or shelved them, as much as five or ten minutes afterwards.

If I am trying to order and don't go slowly enough for the app, the layers dissolve and I end up on the shop instead of the catalog. Only a full power down restores the correct function.

Then came the zombies. First the "Pet Story" zombies. I installed "Pet Story" mostly to end the ceaseless popups, nags and zombies. For a time, I had some relief. Then the "Slots" Zombies appeared and then after that the "Bakery Story" zombies put in a brief cameo. So, as much as I did NOT want to install Slots, as much as I am not INTERESTED in slots, I installed Slots, just to make the nagging, and the zombies, go away.

Now, it's iMobster zombies, push adverts and it would seem that Teamlava kicks out a reset or something five or six times a day to cycle the adverts up. Cute.

Then there are the gem traps. They are not accidental. They are purposeful. I appreciate, respect and understand that they have bills to pay. But there's an ethical issue here that no excuse can square up. If you ignore that, well the rest of this seems almost trivial by comparison.

I'm still playing FS for now, but with my screen getting cluttered with more and more icons, adverts and launches to install something I really and truly have no interest in, or ever will, it's days on my iPhone and iPad are numbered. I'd like a different outcome, but it's obvious that Teamlava is not listening to the users.

Butterpanda,

The adverts have gone completely over the top. It is clear, absolutely clear, that the intent is to force users to download and install something that most of them have absolutely no interest in.

Many people respond very, very poorly to being nagged. That's what the advertising is at this point, a constant nag to do something that many of us just aren't interested in. Imagine for a moment trying to order a meal that you like, but each time you do the waiter or waitress asks you if you're interested in the crayfish ettoufe. They refill your wine, they ask if you want to just once try the ettoufe. Then serve your entree, they ask again. After a nice dessert and after being asked for an hour if you want it, they ask again.

Do you order the ettoufe or do you find a new place to eat?

The next time you decide to go out to eat, do you plan on going to the same restaurant or perhaps the experience was so repugnant that you decided that however good the restaurant was, it's not worth the hassle of putting up with the same waiter again?

That's what you're on right now. You've got games that MIGHT transition in interest to other ones. But I honestly think you need to leave it to the users to decide at some point to stop the push advertising for whichever new release you've got.

As I said earlier, I'm about ready to remove FS for good. I'm not the only one that feels that way. It was a good program. The bugs created with the last two releases need to be fixed and they should be fixed before you ask people to try any other product.

Farm Supplier
    Of course they do nags and incentives, thats the way to boost the number of downloads. Apple stil seems to allow this tactic, I think it beame forbidden in facebook games since it makethe toplists inflated with incentisized offer downloads (pay you to download this, in order to boost the rankings)...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast