Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: They've taken the fun out of the game!

Unhappy They've taken the fun out of the game!

I sincerely enjoyed Dragon Story when I first started. The idea of raising & breeding dragons, building, growing, making new friends. I have 300 neighbors whom I visit every day not to mention hundreds of playbacks. We trade information on breeding and help and encourage each other in the game. Then changes were made which makes it difficult to get satisfaction or enjoyment from the process of breeding or expanding. The increased habitat prices, the lowering of food production without lowering the cost, the increased cost of expansion and the number of maps needed to expand as you increase levels. My next expansion will cost me $1 million dollars & 40 maps for one little square. I will have to wait over 48 hours just to use it. Breeding time and egg development have increased also. I've worked hard to develop my island and am at level 39, but it seems you are penalized for working hard with increased costs. Someone said it was the "challenge" of the game. I didn't come into this game looking for a "challenge". I wanted to enjoy the experience of breeding, growing, developing. Making new friends - helping & encouraging them. The enjoyment is gone for me and that is sad. I could have done this for a long time, but this game is rigged so that you will spend/buy gold to lessen the "wait" time, not for the enjoyment of the game. Greed is not a good thing!

Rhino Keeper
    Hear hear, I second this!!!

Farm Supplier
    Marge: Homer, do you have an explanation for this bill?
    Homer: Oh, it's that record club. The first nine were only a penny.
    Then they jacked up the price!
    [breaks down crying] It's not fair! It's not fair, I tells ya!

New Resident
    Completely agree. A waiting game instead of a playing game. Waiting for the food, waiting for the maps, waiting for the expansions, waiting and waiting.

oh well, TM is forcing us to pay real cash to play the "free" game. they're driving the good player away.

Nightclub Owner
    I quit. Sold all my dragons, habitats, and decorations. Kept the nests, breeder, and evolver in case I ever decide to go back, but it's doubtful I will. I used the stones I had to just write "I quit" on my field, wrote the same on my wall, deleted all my neighbors, and uninstalled the game. It feels great. Did that with a lot of their other games this AM too. Very busy day for me, quitting all these TL games, but I feel so FREE!!!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    I quit. Sold all my dragons, habitats, and decorations. Kept the nests, breeder, and evolver in case I ever decide to go back, but it's doubtful I will. I used the stones I had to just write "I quit" on my field, wrote the same on my wall, deleted all my neighbors, and uninstalled the game. It feels great. Did that with a lot of their other games this AM too. Very busy day for me, quitting all these TL games, but I feel so FREE!!!
    Queentina: we are neighbors on 4 of these games and I know you have $$$ invested in your beautiful places. I too am becoming unhappy playing these games. I've already quit nightclub and am thinking dragon will be next. I started playing these games to relax but all the changes and unnecessary items in the updates are having the reverse effect on me. I am so close to deleting all except BS cause that's the first one I started.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by MommaLouKC View Post
    Queentina: we are neighbors on 4 of these games and I know you have $$$ invested in your beautiful places. I too am becoming unhappy playing these games. I've already quit nightclub and am thinking dragon will be next. I started playing these games to relax but all the changes and unnecessary items in the updates are having the reverse effect on me. I am so close to deleting all except BS cause that's the first one I started.
    I kept BS/RS/Farm/Fashion, as I still play them and will continue to do so for awhile I'm sure. Treasure I kept even though I barely play it, but every now and then it is a good in-between boredom game. City/Empire/Nightclub/Pet Shop/Pet Hotel/Zoo 2/Dragon all got uninstalled with all neighbors deleted. Summer is here and the boys will be out of school next week, so this move by TL really made my life much easier. I was debating on getting rid of some of these games, but these latest moves by them cured me of my "fence sitting". Uninstalling has never felt so good.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    I quit 1 of my 2 DS games this morning also - Didn't sell anything but did delete all my nbrs and wrote 'closed' on the wall.

I used to have farm/bakery/fashion/restaurant and then dragon on 2 devices so 10 story games total - TL used to get a money from me monthly but not anymore - I deleted the secondary farm/bakery/restaurant/fashion games a few weeks ago.

Still have a few games left that I play sometimes but haven't bought any gem packages in 6 months and don't see that changing anytime soon.

They lost me on farm after tap to manage and these latest moves with Dragon Story pushed me over the cliff for pretty much all story games - Just not fun anymore.

Rhino Keeper
    Agree. They really need to test their games before launching them.
    It would take about a week of playing to realize the economic problems if the TL people were to play together as neighbours. Then they could fix the game and not make such ridiculous changes for the ones who actually play it.
    Ragamuffin.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast