Thread: Expansion dilemma

New Resident

Expansion dilemma

Has anyone else had a problem expanding their store when trying to use the option of having a certain amount of neighbors? Last night for example I wanted to expand my store to 11 X 14 but I had to have 7 neighbors....at the time I only had 6. Within the hour however, I aquired my seventh neighbor and went to go expand but the option disappeared. I was perplexed as I know I had saw that option. The next day...I knew I wasn't going crazy because the same thing happened to me on Restaurant Story. In the game I needed 15 neighbors to expand...and as soon as I got it, the option was no longer there. What's the deal or is it just me? I have no problem expanding when using coins though.

Banned
    To expand you need to meet the amount of neighbors stated and also amount of coins.... But with gems you don't need to meet those requirements

New Resident
    That's what I said, I haven't had a problem acquiring the amount of coins required to expand...it works instantly, my problem is when the option is given to expand with neighbors only. As soon as I've met that goal of 7, 10, or 15 neighbors, the option is "taken away" and I no longer have that option to expand. As soon as I reach my goal of 15 neighbors, the option is no longer there and I have to work towards getting 20 neighbors in order to expand...then as soon as I get 20, it repeats...It's as if the only way to expand is with gems and or coins.

The amount of Coins it takes to purchase an expansion won't appear until you have reached a required number of neighbors. Expansions can only be purchased after you have enough Coins and neighbors.

New Resident
    Thanks guys for the help! I'm more clear on it now

ok! so is this why, I have not been able to expand for quite some time now? I have a tendency of deleting neighbors. Being and leveling up many times, currently level 96..Unable to purchase appliances, let alone EXPAND...with only 71 neighbors..Their are NO arrows on the cafe floor...My only option have been is to : place an oven in storage & swap for another appliance. Would be nice, if, their was something stating, how many neighbors you need to expand next etc. Any, addition, advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Grand Emperor
    If you have no arrows on your ground, you are fully expanded.

The last free appliance slot is at level 73. You get 18 free slots.

the only way to get additional appliances is to : unlock with 49 gems ?? I have very few appliances to be on level 99 ....suggestions appreciated

This is fashion story. Try the restaurant story forum. BTW, you can always store some appliances & then buy different ones to master the recipes on them if you don't want to spend gems on a new slot.

Even if you add the 15th neighbor, they need to accept the request and then they will be your neighbor and you can expand.