Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Help Solve this Mystery: Fluctuating Sell Out Rate

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by GroovyRuss View Post
    i do it 2 ways. if i am trying new stuff/layouts i will sit and count the coins that float up for 2 minutes.
    This gives a pretty good ball park number interestingly enough.

When i have more time I will just add up the food count on my counters. Go to bed wake up
    and add it up again. Then i get a really accurate count on how much i am moving an hour.

can't go by how much you make. Game is too buggy and diff foods sell for diff amounts etc...
    Lol! I tried counting floating coins and had a nightmare! All floating up at the same time and dissapearing in a nanosecond! I need a glass of red after that!

Rhino Keeper
    I am afraid that the customer flow will drop if i open the app. continuously.
    Therefore, I closed it and record the time and going back exactly 1 day after to check.
    I have thought about to do the sum of serving of all my counters; nonetheless, it was painful.

Rhino Keeper
    1) Which group are you? Group A
    2) Next, what device do you play on and what version is your game? iPhone 3Gs, version 5.1.1
    3) How many counters do you have? (Or an estimate if you're in group A.) 45 counters (give or take 1 or 2)
    4) A little description of what you cook. I usually cook the same item over and over to master. When a new appliance comes out, I buy 4 or 5, run the gamut on all the new recipes then store them for the normal Easy Ovens. I don't go for profit/serving size/loss, etc. just right now finishing recipes to get gems and mastery.
    5) What is useable table+chair (i.e. table+chair customers can get to and not just decorative ones that are blocked) layout like. (Is it close to fecsuper's "optimal" layout or more spread out like a real restaurant?) Close to fecsuper's optimal layout. I use the T-shape method proposed, but tweaked slightly for BS, since the original was from RS. A few more chairs added beyond that in a straight line, then just all tipping tables. (Will include a screenshot for layout) I have no chairs that are unusable and for decoration only.
    6) If you play RS, does that game behave similarly? No. I am mid-40's on RS and I run out of food every few days, even though I am constantly cooking with max appliance slots for my level + 1 from gems. In BS I can't seem to get rid of some piles of food and on RS I have to shut the restaurant down every few days to remake food. I've gone so far as to annoy my customers (angry faces) because I took away some chairs and made the walk to the tables much much longer to stop the gorging!
    7) Anything else you may deem important to solving this mystery. Not much that I can add. I've played BS since last November 2011 and I've never had to close down to restock on food. On RS it's the opposite and it's been that way since day 1.

Including screenshot for layout:

Banned
    I use the food-count to work out how much I am selling. Depending on how many counters you have and how many different types of food you sell, you can simplify this by making sure that each type of food is only on one counter, not spread out across 10! Just bake a batch of brownies and the chef will make room for them by putting all of one food onto a single counter. Do this with some other "quickies" if you need to. Then remove any empty counters, and only add them back when you are cooking something different.

As far as "optimal" lay-out - I have seen the different theories, and haven't done any hard number crunching to confirm or rebutt them. BUT - I fail to understand how ANY table lay-out can make any difference to how many customers are served, if you are not constantly disrupting the comings-and-goings of customers by opening and closing BS on your device.

From what I have read on the forums, and what I have seen in my own bakery, the way to get the maximum number of customers through the door is to keep your rating at 100. You do this by making sure that there is enough food, and that you have enough tables/chairs that every customer that comes in can find a seat. But once they are in there, it doesn't matter how long it takes for them to find a seat, or walk from their table back to the door to leave. Why would it? Once they are in the bakery, no matter where the tables are, as long as there are enough tables, then they will eat. If you set up a maze of counters and other obstacles that made the customers go all the way to the other side of the bakery to get to the cashier, then all over the place to get from the cashier to a table to eat, it might take EACH CUSTOMER longer to eat, but it doesn't impede the flow of customers through the door. If you kept opening and closing BS on your device, then you would slow things down because you would interrupt the flow and have to wait ages before the first customer got served next time you opened BS up. But by the time they got served, you would also have the next 20 or 30 customers right behind them, also winding their way towards the cashier and then the tables.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345