Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help Solve this Mystery: Fluctuating Sell Out Rate

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rhino Keeper
    Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/craftedbypika

Help Solve this Mystery: Fluctuating Sell Out Rate

I'd like to gather some information about a curious topic that seems to have two answers...

There are some 18 appliance people who A) never lack for food and then there's the camp of people who B) wake up dreading to the "no-food-on-counter" nightmare.

Important, please respond only if you cook with 18 appliance and have been for at least a month (so non-recently dinged 73 players) to try to keep the answer fairly comparable.

1) Which group are you?
    2) Next, what device do you play on and what version is your game?
    3) How many counters do you have? (Or an estimate if you're in goup A.)
    4) A little description of what you cook.
    5) What is useable table+chair (i.e. table+chair customers can get to and not just decorative ones that are blocked) layout like. (Is it close to fecsuper's "optimal" layout or more spread out like a real restaurant?)
    6) If you play RS, does that game behave similarly?
    7) Anything else you may deem important to solving this mystery.

If you see a pattern emerging, comment. Let's see if we can find a more concrete answer to this mystery. :3.

---

My data:

1. Group A
    2. Apple iPod Touch (latest generation), 1.4.0
    3. 53 (and counting)
    4. I cook to master, being pretty good at making sure to cook back-to-back (i.e. when food is done, I'll make something else and I will try to cook so that food doesn't sit on the stoves too long). I current am cooking 6H food (Gingerbread Cookies right now) twice a day and 8H-10H overnight (Black & White Cookies as we speak) but previously was cooking 1D. What exactly depended on what hadn't been mastered. I have about 60 more days of mastery left (which declines slowly since there are new recipes weekly).
    5. I have fecsuper's "optimal" layout for door that is located at its original spot.
    6. Yes and it's not as bad.
    7. I think layout has a bit to do with it. But I don't think that's the whole answer...

pika4ever88

Rhino Keeper
    1. Group A
    2. iPhone 4s version 1.5.1
    3. 38
    4. I've been cooking to master also. Currently, I'm still finishing the NY themed recipes and started on last week's recipes.
    5. Although Fecs was a genius, I didn't follow the layout. I'm such a rebel and went for a restaurant style setting. (however, if it was a real restaurant, I wouldn't be ADA approved. My tables are a little close together )
    6. In RS, I run out of food like crazy. So I have one game where I can't keep food and one where I can't get rid of it.
    7. Hmmm...not sure why there's such a fluctuation but I don't think it has to do with layout. My "pushed together restaurant style" layout is practically identical in both BS and RS. However, the food flies off my counters in RS.

Rhino Keeper
    1) Group A
    2) iPhone 4, version 1.5
    3) 94
    4) I am not sure if "master" means reaching level 4 of each recipe. If yes, I cook to master.
    I am done with the classic bread oven, am now working on the 2 new recipes (regular ovens), the 3 espresso and the 3 NY cookies.
    5) I think that my layout is more like real-life restaurant.
    6) I quit RS long time ago. no matter how hard I cooked and closed when I was cooking, I basically fell under Group B in RS.
    7) I also noticed that layout matters somehow. I had put some decorative item and blocked the isle for customer to pass, I saw a slower rate of customer flow.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by yuimiko View Post
    1) Group A
    2) iPhone 4, version 1.5
    3) 94
    4) I am not sure if "master" means reaching level 4 of each recipe. If yes, I cook to master.
    I am done with the classic bread oven, am now working on the 2 new recipes (regular ovens), the 3 espresso and the 3 NY cookies.
    5) I think that my layout is more like real-life restaurant.
    6) I quit RS long time ago. no matter how hard I cooked and closed when I was cooking, I basically fell under Group B in RS.
    7) I also noticed that layout matters somehow. I had put some decorative item and blocked the isle for customer to pass, I saw a slower rate of customer flow.
    sorry, made a mistake to Q2. I am playing it on iPad 1.

Rhino Keeper
    @trinity and yuimiko, can I get a little more detail answer for question 4. . I feel like this may be where the big answer lies. I.e. A "pattern" (e.g. 1D recipes, 6H-6H-12H, etc) to what you're cooking right now with some examples.

With the way I've been cooking, I make about 40000 plates a day.

I have a neighbor who majority of the time cooks Red Velvet Cake (1D) since it's 12 coins per dish. That means he makes 22000 plates a day. I think he said he had issues with keeping food on the counter. I was going to say I'll ask him if he completely runs out of food (which would put him in group B) or if it just looks like it since the next day only one counter of Red Velvet Cake will remain but with a really high quantity (which means he's still a Group A). But he's deleted me since I don't regularly tip. If anyone has a neighbor who plays like that, if you could ask them to see what the answer is for them. :>.

Rhino Keeper
    fecsuper was a RS player only but I think this still holds water here. For the period where everything was 4 coins per plate, fecsuper calculated consumption to be about 45000 plates a day in RS. Since I started with shorter recipes, that means a much higher total number of plates per day. And if we say that consumption in BS is 20000 (just a random number since there are many who say they are drowning in BS but can't keep up in RS), we're probably making way, way more than amount needed to keep up with daily consumption. (And I've calculated for both of my threads and current I make about the same number of total plates per day in both games.) Which is why food piles here. . . o.O.

Rhino Keeper
    1) Group A
    2) iPad 2, version 1.5
    3) 53 counters
    4) I also cook to master recipes and am mostly focused on the new items now because I've been playing for a long time and have most of the older recipes finished. Usually I cook 6H to 8H items in the daytime (depending on the machine) and 9H to 20H overnight. Occassionally I will cook 1H or 3H (on the bread oven) or the new 4H beach cupcakes during the day.
    5) My layout is more realistic, spread out over the whole place. I have no chairs or tables that are blocked and non-usable. Right now, I have about 45 chairs.
    6) RS doesn't stay as fully stocked as BS, I'll have a couple counters empty on a regular basis. But, I'm always cooking and filling them back up again. My quantities are much more manageable in RS. I hardly ever get over 100,000 plates in RS, but in BS my quantities are crazy.
    7) Supposedly things sell at roughly the same rate, so I'm not sure if quantities have to do with it. Since BS has such insane quantities for the recipes (I already have almost 200,000 of the new liberty cookies after only making them for a handful of times), maybe this slows down the rate at which things sell. That's the only descrepancy I can see between my Restaurant and my Bakery...my layouts are similarly spread out and I cook at the same rate. I just don't have large quantities in RS.

Grand Emperor
    1) Group A
    2) Android 1.3.6.05
    3) 15
    4) Weekly updates. When I'm done with those I'll either put away my appliances or bake red velvet cake. Sometimes something else that gives high XPs, high coins, and/or low plates.
    5) 28. Does not follow fecsuper's layout but all near the door. Sometimes I'll open seating for the rest of the bakery.
    6) Similar, but food sells faster, and I can't stop cooking for long periods like I can in Bakery.
    7) I had a lot of different foods on many counters and they weren't emptying. So I only baked weekly update foods to master and got the number of counters down. I've had 700K-2.5M plates of food on my counters for about 10-11 months now. I have red velvet cake, black forest cake, berry rhubarb pie, and just right cookies as "old" food. The rest is from th big apple oven update on - 9 counters of NY theme food and 2 counters of Beach theme food. I don't throw food away, except for brownies that I bake to consolidate food on counters.

Rhino Keeper
    hi pika,
    i do not have a specific cooking pattern. for months, I have been only doing the new recipes.
    will only do old recipes when the quests ask.
    so, recent baking time is 4h-4h-4h-8h, 5h-5h-9h, 14h-14h.

I'm sure I can be of help as I have 2 Bakery Stories running. One on my Iphone and one one my Android Tablet. I think I've found where this issue begins at least.

1) A
    2) Iphone 4 Latest version which I downloaded after losing coins with the older version.. sorry not sure the number
    3) 54 at the moment but I've cut back a few I was up to 60
    4) I cook all over the board to mastery level. I have 20 machines and still have some 1 hour items left (drinks) and cook a mixture of 3h to 1 day foods.
    5) 35 chairs and tables and I have a more traditional restaurant seating plan.
    6) Don't play RS

1) Which group are you? B
    2) Android Tablet - Latest version ( i just check no update) sorry not sure of the number
    3) 12
    4) Mainly 1H and 3H during the day and 8H and 12H overnight. Lately I've had an issue with the Out of Sync message constantly coming up and I've lost completed dishes on the counter and it's reset my machines to the last thing I cooked.. overnight this is a double hit as the old food spoils which should have been on the counters and never bakes my 8h food so I lose out on almost a full day of playing.
    5) This one is also set up as a more restaurant like, however i have a bar like seating more than my other game.
    6) Don't play RS
    7)
    On my tablet I'm level 30 and have 10 machines. I am selling out overnight and during the day when I have the sync issues.

On my iPhone I have messed around with doors. As I expanded levels I added doors and cashes and found when I went to 2 doors my overnight sales doubled. When I added a 3rd door and cash it went back down so there is definitely a size to door ratio that is in effect. Over night I can make about 85,000 to 100,000 depending how late I play to in the night. I also found that I always sold out over night until I reached around level 40. I'm level 68 now in this game and I think the issue comes in around having a certain amount of machines. Perhaps the traffic flow is constant and as you have more machines you eventually meet the flow and now greatly exceed the flow. Perhaps the game needs to adjust the flow of traffic as the size and number of machines increase to remain at par.

I think I will play around on my iphone with having more bar seating to more around fecsuper's "optimal" layout and see if that increases sales. Personally I think it's a flaw in the game and not programming an increase in traffic in proportion to the size of the restaurant and the number of machines. As Fecsuper's optimal layout says you can sell $150,000 a day and I'm reaching that now but still don't sell out my food that would tend to make me think traffic flow is the same at the new level as it is to the higher levels it's just how many machines you have to be able to feed the flow.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast