Thread: Help please!! Very confused about different crop prices...

Farm Supplier
    suburb of Phoenix AZ..native LOVE it here!!!

Help please!! Very confused about different crop prices...

I am fairly new to this game but I have been loving rs and bs for a long time now. So I finally get the money to upgrade to my big farm THINKING I could grow crops that were different in the respect of how "nourishing" the foods are, needing less etc. I am learning that ALL crops, regardless of the cost to plant them, are the same in that respect: your food is just food, all the same. But if so my question is this: The Firapples cost 650, take an hour, and yield 50. Well, Pumpwings cost 3200 and take FIVE hours but only yield 225!! you would obviously yield 250 Firapples in that amount of time. So is the benefit that you dont have to do it every hour and have the convenience of just planting them and leaving em and not have to bother with em for awhile? Or is there something glaringly obvious here that im missing? :/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KeriBeri71 View Post
    So is the benefit that you dont have to do it every hour and have the convenience of just planting them and leaving em and not have to bother with em for awhile? Or is there something glaringly obvious here that im missing? :/
    Yes .... at least for normal and big farm... haven't a magic one yet.

Farm Supplier
    Yes, that is the main advantage.
    Since feeding your dragons becomes more and more expensive with increasing level, you need more and more food. To evolve a dragon to level 10 you will need ca 9600 food. Which means, yes - you can grow impruberries every 30 seconds and it's the cheapest choice. However, you probably don't want to check your game every 3 minutes or each hour or you just want to plant something while you're sleeping...
    These are the crops:
    - impruberries - 30s, you get 6 food and cost per 1 piece of food is 5 coins
    - buffbeets - 3minutes, you get 20 and costs 6 coins/1 food
    - fire apples - 1 hour, you get 50 and costs 13 coins/1 food
    BIG FARM:
    + pumpwings - 5 hours, you get 225 and costs 14
    + elitelleks - 8 hours, you get 325 and costs 17
    + scalypears - 20 hours, 700 and costs 19
    ENCHANTED FARM - the advantage of those crops is, that you can grow them much faster but also, much more expensive.
    + upgrapes - 10 minutes, 100 food, 80
    + rushrooms - 1 hour, 300 food, 87
    + diamondates - 5 hours, 800 food, 94

If you ask me, if I need food quickly, I use those crops from enchanted farms. But normally, I plant pumpwings and before I go to bed elitelleks.

Executive Chef
    I do similar--if I'm just sitting around, I'll plant buffbeats every three minutes. If its a workday, I plant pumpwings, morning, noon and before I drive home. Then once I'm home, I may do some buffbeats while cooking supper, then, fireapples in the evening. then elitelleks for overnight. I accidently added an enchanted farm, but rarely buy the food. Way to expensive---let's see diamondates or ****l a weed,......food or weed, food or weed.....such decisions we have to make!!!! grow dragons to epic buy feeding, or **** weed to make room for more dragons, which we have to feed, but just spent all our money on making room for them..................such a dilemna.

Banned
    I hate how enchanted farms more money except it is worth it.
    I have one enchanted farm 2 large ones and 3 small farms

Banned
    I usually use I hour or diamondates