Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dedicated thread for complaining about themes and updates

Dedicated thread for complaining about themes and updates

Can we have a dedicated thread for complaining about weekly updates? Every week the weekly update thread is loaded with complaints which is just a bring down. No one would expect every single player will be in love with every single new item or theme. And as one complains about one thing, someone else DOES like it. TL can't please everyone and frankly, just because you don't like something means nothing. You don't have to love everything. We get it. Everyone has themes they love or would love to see....awesome. But while some want a Victorian theme, others find that idea dreadful. Same for everything. It just gets to be too much and serves no purpose whatsoever. So I propose if you need to get it off your chest, have a separate thread. I have no problem with the complaints, i just am tired of so many of them. Then people who don't want to read it don't have to. Besides, you only have one week to see what the next update brings. I personally sit at work Thursdays waiting to see pics of what the new items are, then see all the bashing. That isn't fun. This is a GAME. Ok, proceed to be upset with ME for being honest. Oooops my liberty cookies are ready....

Grand Emperor
    Ooooh did someone say cookies? Mmmmm

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    Ooooh did someone say cookies? Mmmmm
    I'll bring the milk.

-.^

Milk....that's funny, I never thought about it but something as simple as that makes sense in a bakery....even chocolate milk. Maybe even a milk and cookies combo! Now I'm really hungry!

Grand Emperor
    Me too. As for your suggestion, I don't think I'd like that. I enjoy reading everyone's differing opinions, and I would find a thread full of "oh that's so lovely" to be boring.

Nightclub Owner
    Not to mention that the complain thread would probably get us all banned!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    Me too. As for your suggestion, I don't think I'd like that. I enjoy reading everyone's differing opinions, and I would find a thread full of "oh that's so lovely" to be boring.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Not to mention that the complain thread would probably get us all banned!
    And this

Nightclub Owner
    Well I must admit I've been pretty good in most of the update threads that I frequent. I usually like at least 1 or 2 things, and are meh for the rest. But that is just because I'm picky, refuse to buy gems any longer and all the good stuff is for gems. I would have less to complain about if the recipes would be for more than $4 a plate, and the crops not be 1-day, but hey, TL doesn't want to give us those things so until they do, I'll continue to complain about them NOT giving them to us.

Queentina, I find your complaints vastly more legit than just some spoiled comment of "omg i hate this new stuff" - those are things we can all benefit from. Not liking a theme or particular items falls under the category of "you can't please everyone." I have no problem with legit constructive criticism, but reading a bunch of comments that sounds like theyre personally offended that TL isn't here just to cater to them is annoying and serves zero purpose. I dont get why some people even play. There is plenty of room for discussions and opinion sharing. "I hate this update" is not helpful or interesting. I don't like every new item either, so I just don't buy them. They don't have to give weekly updates, I appreciate that is one thing we do get even though there are other issues needing to be addressed. Maybe it's a stress release but it's a game after all. Stress out over being ripped off, not because you don't like the tiki chairs, lol.

Nightclub Owner
    bakerbarbie, that last line has me laughing. That part I can agree on completely. I do agree that seeing a ton of posts of "I don't like anything" can get pretty boring to drudge through. I think out of all the update threads, Farm is my favorite. At least in there people come up with witty, sarcastic, and funny responses to the update. I actually would've enjoyed the BS update more this week if it came with some cool tropical wallpaper. I do like the Hawaiin/Asian theme we've had the past few weeks in RS but need new wallpaper for BS like ASAP. I'm tempted to go back to the forest theme as the latest subway one just totally put me off. LOL!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast