Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Farm Story 2.0 Update for iOS Feedback

Executive Chef

Thumbs down Farm Story 2.0 Update for iOS Feedback

The new feature (tap to manage) for crops and trees where there is a pop-up with fertilizing options for gems is a very bad decision and should be taken out of the game. People who would want to fertilize their farm can easily go in the store and select that feature if desired. I am not happy about this as I am a fast tapper and the new pop-up screen really annoys me as it comes up a lot for me now. Also, this way there is definitely a very high probability of spending gems accidentally.

The new animation when planting and harvesting crops is very annoying as well.

I just wish TL that you would start listening to your loyal customers and fix actual problems with the games instead of introducing features that no one asked for. For example: parts request in Farm Story is still not working - all neighbors are still prechecked. There is still no confirmation button for purchases of gem items.

I have been playing less since the "Discovery Box fiasco", and the latest "wonderful updates" are making me want to play even less.

Another interesting thing I saw late last night (wish I took a screen shot...) - I fell asleep while harvesting and when I woke up I noticed a pop-up on my phone that said I didn't have enough gems to purchase something (not sure what as there were no additional information on the screen) and I have 247 gems right now. So I wonder, what was I buying???????????????????????
    Last edited by yanochka; 04-26-12 at 06:13 AM.

Fashion Designer
    I have found as i bet you have, almost every App Store update for TL games is a step backwards.

In the past they have just said 'Bug Fixes' and then introduced new annoying features, like bouncing water, annoying task buttons. At least this time they have stated new features.

No thanks TL, the new features sound bad to me. I will not be updating any time soon!

Executive Chef
    Another issue I just noticed - the gift button is still highlighted when I visit neighbors' farms even though I already sent out gifts

Grand Emperor
    Close call Yanochka. I wonder what on earth you could have been "buying".

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    Close call Yanochka. I wonder what on earth you could have been "buying".
    Me too - maybe I was buying Storm8 stock????? Wall Street Story??????

Executive Chef
    I agree with everything Yanochka says. I agree without having seen any of it because I can't open the game at all!

Rhino Keeper
    I'm so DISGUSTED with what they added in this update Yanochka - Fertilize INSTANTLY FOR GEMS...NO LONGER gift highlighted when visiting nbrs farms...BUY MORE CASH FOR GEMS - TOTALLY UNDERHANDED TL!!!!!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by yanochka View Post
    Another issue I just noticed - the gift button is still highlighted when I visit neighbors' farms even though I already sent out gifts
    Same here, but it's only highlighted in their farm. If you go to the neighbor list, it's not.
    Farm Story 2.0.2
    Device: iPhone 4 (soon to be 5S!)
    iOS: 7.0.2 (11A501)

Executive Chef
    Okay, I just reverted to the old version.

* If you haven't yet synced your device to your computer, simply delete FS from your device.

* Check your iTunes app list to make sure that it has file for the 1.9 version of FS (should have the file name: Farm Story 1.9 1.ipa)--if it is there, awesome continue with my instructions. If it is not there, google "restore old version of app ipad" look for a link from tuaw.com for nice clear instructions

* hook up your device to the computer, it will sync but should NOT reinstall FS

* after sync is finished, go to your device in iTunes, click on the "apps" tab, search for FS, click the box next to it.

* sync again (hit apply button)

* you should have the old version back on your device.
    Last edited by MiniLaura; 04-26-12 at 07:22 AM.

Executive Chef
    After reading this thread I will not be updating until I absolutely have to. This is disgusting behavior TL...really low. Introducing features that nobody wants and ignoring repeated requests for features that are badly needed. I think it's hysterical that you ask us to leave a five star review at the App Store and to "leave nice comments, your kind review helps us continue to make great free content" Are you kidding me? Our kind reviews obviously do nothing to help you do the right thing by your customer! I will be leaving a review but I won't have anything nice to say. These games are really starting to become more effort than they are worth. We can't even update to the latest versions without wondering what dirty trick TL has up their sleeve for us! This is beyond frustrating TL, it's a plain old slap in the face is what it is.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast