Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Player options

Farm Supplier

Player options

I started playing Dragon Story almost two weeks ago. During that time, it has felt like the game has exploded with players. Now, the prices being charged for game product with in game coins or gold, the latter of which can easily equate to physical money, have exploded like an atom bomb!

Team Lava has decided to adopt the route of price gouging on habitats and nests and there are reports that food production has been halved (I might know today if I can bring myself to harvest the pears I planted yesterday), so we, the players, now have to figure what we want to do.

As some people have suggested on this forum, we can play the game and not purchase anything. That is indeed an option, but not a very attractive one. Locking ourselves out of constructing new habitats is quickly going to become boring. I cannot speak for others, but I want to increase my habitats, not so much my game level. Not purchasing overpriced purple, blue, or yellow habitats would severely limit what I want to do. I would add that abstaining from purchasing gold at this point is a no brainer...

That said, I am indeed going to follow that suggestion...but for a limited time to see if Team Lava truly values its customers. If, in at most a week, they have not returned the prices to where they were, I plan to ******* all Team Lava games, downgrade this game severely on the iTunes rating, and encourage my neighbors to do so as well.

I have been a loyal customer for well over a year, even when I should not have been for other poor business decisions on Team Lava's part, but to see the callous disregard for its players here...well, I cannot stomach that. In fact, when I opened the game this morning, hoping in vain for a quick fix, I almost became nauseous. I, of course, realize that me alone leaving will not prompt a change from Team Lava, but if enough of us were to adopt this course, well, change might not occur.

Dragon Story is a wonderful game, but a very bitter pill indeed at the new prices. Team Lava will you adopt the high road and retract these prices? I hope so, but only time will tell. The question for me is whether I will I still care enough to be here to see it. I still have to decide if I can bring myself to harvest those pears...

Team Lava, one ball is in your courts. Players, the other is in ours.

Rhino Keeper
    *applause*

That was truly a wonderful summary of whats going on now. I love this game, it's great for destressing with it's colourful dragons and the soothing music. But with these new exorbitant prices that pretty much forces us to use REAL money? Might as well watch animal torture.

Farm Supplier
    Wow! CampingTime, thank you for taking the time to write such an eloquent description of how a lot of us feel. Appreciate it!

Farm Supplier
    I went to app store immediatly and rated 1 star (sadly zero is not an option).

I agree cOmpletely and got your back. This is outrageous and I am hoping it's truly a mistake or hack or some sort

Banned
    Agreed team lava. Needs to listen to us players..without us their is no business

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by CampingTime View Post
    As some people have suggested on this forum, we can play the game and not purchase anything. That is indeed an option, but not a very attractive one. Locking ourselves out of constructing new habitats is quickly going to become boring. I cannot speak for others, but I want to increase my habitats, not so much my game level. Not purchasing overpriced purple, blue, or yellow habitats would severely limit what I want to do. I would add that abstaining from purchasing gold at this point is a no brainer...
    Assuming people are not using gold to get more coins, not spending coins doesn't affect TL in anyway. Spend away. Just don't buy gold.

Rhino Keeper
    Here here
    Well put. I already lowered my rating for them in the app store. Hope others will follow.

I too have given the game a one star rating. My reasons for doing so were also included. Shame on Team Lava!

New Resident
    I agree. NO GEMS/GOLD FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SS
    SHAME ON TeamLava!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast