Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is TeamLava overcharging?

Farm Supplier
    Sorry, just checked my expansion and the cost in gold to rush it is 145, not 250. Still ridiculous and I will never pay that. Why would I pay over $5 in real money to not be bored to tears while playing a game that's supposed to be entertaining?

Rhino Keeper
    Just checked my 2nd nest price - has jumped from 25 to 125 and now is 250!
    TL have just lost me. Donuts.

New Resident
    120 gold for $4.99 = $.24 cents per gold.
    250 gold for $9.99 = $.25 cents per gold.
    530 gold for $19.99 = $.27 cents per gold.
    1400 gold for $49.99 = $.28 cents per gold.
    2900 gold for $99.99 = $.29 cents per gold.
    This is what my 'if I were to buy gold' amounts are...

Now is it just me or does anyone think IF (which I won't since the jack up in prices) you were to purchase gold that the "club pack" packages would be a better value? What would be the incentive to spend more and get less return?

Farm Supplier
    I went to app store immediatly and rated 1 star (sadly zero is not an option).

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mouse009 View Post
    6. Rising cost to force people to buy overpriced gold is unethical.
    No one is forcing anyone to buy gold.

Also, when it comes to things like this, TL listens only through their pocketbooks. Complaining here will not change anything.

I, too, am one who found the times and money's required utterly ridiculous BEFORE this increase. I will not be buying gold again until they lower the prices. TL sure does know how to suck the fun out of the word 'game'!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by 333paddington View Post
    I agree with the overcharging, but you do have a choice of playing without paying.

Just be patient and do everything with money when you earn it.

Lots of patience needed for the long, long times
    That would be fine but they don't give you options to purchase things without gold that you may want. So how can you upgrade then?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniLaura View Post
    No one is forcing anyone to buy gold.

Also, when it comes to things like this, TL listens only through their pocketbooks. Complaining here will not change anything.

Exactly. TL is a business, people. They have salaries and bills to pay. They are not in this gaming business for the heck of it or just to make you happy (-.^) playing their games. They can charge whatever they want to charge for their products but you have the choice whether you want to buy or not.

So the question is not whether TL is overcharging for their product, but rather whether YOU are willing to pay that much money for the product. Only you have the power to decide whether the product is worth the price...to you.

Rhino Keeper
    The inflation cost that is apparent throught Dragon Story is undeniably a sincere let down. Additionally, having different food exchange and coin exchange rates for different people is entirely unethical. I am beginning to wonder if dragon breeding outcome percentages are diffent as well? I agree that TL is trying to figure out there market with this app. They did it with Farm Story and Pet Story and Hotel Story etc... They got their business model after Storm8 which isnt saying much and I was with them when they first arrived on the scene.
    TL is selling instant gratification disguised as gold and there is too much inconsistency to be satisfied in this game... I get that it is fun to try and breed a diamond dragon but at what expense. I admit I plunked down $20 for gold this morning to try and breed one, but then I see these changes and it is NOT fair. Wait times are too long to keep my interest, cost of items are too high... 3,200 gold for a fourth nest that no one really needs... I am going back to bejeweled there are some new relics I can attain and for the same reason I stopped playing the other "Story" games, TL is not getting any more of my money for this one!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Exactly. TL is a business, people. They have salaries and bills to pay. They are not in this gaming business for the heck of it or just to make you happy (-.^) playing their games. They can charge whatever they want to charge for their products but you have the choice whether you want to buy or not.

So the question is not whether TL is overcharging for their product, but rather whether YOU are willing to pay that much money for the product. Only you have the power to decide whether the product is worth the price...to you.
    Well said...and I'm one of those not willing.....but there is a lot people who are if not look some have like 5 diamond and most of them are. Bought

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast